Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has not been himself for quite a long time. I have no idea if it’s indicative to his intentions, but even he does leave he should gear up and do it with class
Agreed

If Sterling's goal stood he would have been ripped to shreds, no doubt

It's a funny ol' game

I don't think De Bruyne is the best at the moment , this was his first good game against a good opposition this season ( I know he was injured..) Reus, Silva, Eriksen are all better this season IMO

would have been utter shit for eriksens spurs career to suddenly be defined by this, as it would no doubt have been with some cunts. he wasn't the only player last night that put us under extreme pressure with dawdling or loose passes. The city team were all at it too, mistakes galore. It was just a bizarre night of football.

Yeah, for all of the criticism of Eriksen, he's top for assists in the Premier League this season (Premier League Player Stats - Assists ) and puts in a shift in nearly every match (e.g. most distance run against Huddersfield). However, he's clearly having issues with some parts of his game - most notably set pieces - and isn't scoring quite as many as the last two seasons.

The chances we'd find a better replacement on the open market are incredibly low.

Yeah, for all of the criticism of Eriksen, he's top for assists in the Premier League this season (Premier League Player Stats - Assists ) and puts in a shift in nearly every match (e.g. most distance run against Huddersfield). However, he's clearly having issues with some parts of his game - most notably set pieces - and isn't scoring quite as many as the last two seasons.

The chances we'd find a better replacement on the open market are incredibly low.

I think a lot of the criticism has been overblown in general, but he was dreadful last night.

If Sissoko is out he's gonna have to be the guy to fill that role, and he'll basically be the lynchpin through the end of the season, and maybe his Spurs career.

I don't think De Bruyne is the best at the moment , this was his first good game against a good opposition this season ( I know he was injured..) Reus, Silva, Eriksen are all better this season IMO

Just out of interest, why do you include Reus in this list? I would say they play different positions, so couldn't exactly compare them. Also don't think Reus has really lit up the world, if you're talking about good opposition, I think you can discount most of the Bundesliga, barring Bayern. Then I'm still missing where he's put in loads of excellent games.

Did anyone see the interview with him and son? I've never seen a footballer show such genuine relief at the result after the VAR overturned his error. Guy looked like he was in heaven and had a huge weight lifted off his shoulders. Was happy for him.

Did anyone see the interview with him and son? I've never seen a footballer show such genuine relief at the result after the VAR overturned his error. Guy looked like he was in heaven and had a huge weight lifted off his shoulders. Was happy for him.

I was glad he realised he made a huge mistake and got lucky with being absolutely careless.

I think a lot of the criticism has been overblown in general, but he was dreadful last night.

If Sissoko is out he's gonna have to be the guy to fill that role, and he'll basically be the lynchpin through the end of the season, and maybe his Spurs career.

I don't think he was 'dreadful' last night. Not great, but not dreadful.

I don't really want him playing that DM role either as he's too lightweight, and he's not the greatest tackler. We need Dier, Sissoko or Wanyama to pick up that position. Eriksen further forward in a more creative role.

Above all, we need Winks back for the defensive screen that we sorely missed last night.

Oh, and no more injuries!

I don't think he was 'dreadful' last night. Not great, but not dreadful.

I don't really want him playing that DM role either as he's too lightweight, and he's not the greatest tackler. We need Dier, Sissoko or Wanyama to pick up that position. Eriksen further forward in a more creative role.

Above all, we need Winks back for the defensive screen that we sorely missed last night.

Oh, and no more injuries!

Oh that position is Sissoko's if he's fit. But it didn't look great last night and we have no cover there.

(A half-fit running on fumes Mousa Dembele is looking a little more appealing now, isn't he?)

Back
Top Bottom