Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just out of interest, why do you include Reus in this list? I would say they play different positions, so couldn't exactly compare them. Also don't think Reus has really lit up the world, if you're talking about good opposition, I think you can discount most of the Bundesliga, barring Bayern. Then I'm still missing where he's put in loads of excellent games.
This season Reus played mostly as a cam and is their key to be still in the race with Bayern, he had also some great games in the CL.

His form has been patchy in 2019, I think we all see that.

I've nailed my colours to the mast before and will do so here once again: class is permanent while form is temporary, we probably can't replace him with equal class and I desperately want him to sign a new contract.

The argument about "eyeballs vs stats" over the last few pages feels pretty pointless to me, because over the longer run (three seasons), either test tells me he's one of our best players.

I want to keep him, we have a lot of players who have not played well this season, maybe its because we had 9 players go deep into the world cup and just need a rest, with the knock-on effect of other players carrying a bigger workload
look back to Wednesday game at city, how many miss placed simple passes by our players, is that tireness or players not moving, or city players moving quicker ?, I don't know

Yeah, for all of the criticism of Eriksen, he's top for assists in the Premier League this season (Premier League Player Stats - Assists ) and puts in a shift in nearly every match (e.g. most distance run against Huddersfield). However, he's clearly having issues with some parts of his game - most notably set pieces - and isn't scoring quite as many as the last two seasons.

The chances we'd find a better replacement on the open market are incredibly low.
Yeah but assists mean fuck all, it’s only one pass out of 90 minutes blah blahzzzzz

Or maybe everyone's expectations a bit too high. Yea he almost fucked it up at the end but look at what they achieved in the end. With so many injuries.

Hope so.

Reaping the benefits of our new stadium.

Transfer funds would be c. £80,000,000 less in the summer though.

Is it just me, or did he look a bit sharper today?

Said it before - if he signs a new contract, and throws off this obvious uncertainty, he will definitely get back to a higher level of performance. Happened last time he was negotiating a new contract.

Edit: I know a big chunk of potential transfer money would come from selling Eriksen, but I have little faith in our ability to replace him, and would rather see us add some quality around (specifically behind) him to see what we could achieve together.

Is it just me, or did he look a bit sharper today?

Said it before - if he signs a new contract, and throws off this obvious uncertainty, he will definitely get back to a higher level of performance. Happened last time he was negotiating a new contract.

His pass in the first half to Son was incredible.

No wonder he has 10 more assists than de Bruyne this season. Bossed him in his own house.

He looks like a little boy compared to de bruyne. No wonder real Madrid arent interested
giphy.gif

What's your opinion on keeping him vs the potential money a transfer would bring in?

Surely we'll have at least a decent amount to spend regardless.

Of course I'd rather keep a talent like Eriksen around our squad.

I don't think we'd miss him as much as a lot of people on here do and think we could buy two players to buff out or midfield and push on a bit more but if the possibility is to keep Eriksen and add or sell Eriksen and add, I'd keep him everytime.

We'll have funds in the summer, I am sure.

Of course I'd rather keep a talent like Eriksen around our squad.

I don't think we'd miss him as much as a lot of people on here do and think we could buy two players to buff out or midfield and push on a bit more but if the possibility is to keep Eriksen and add or sell Eriksen and add, I'd keep him everytime.

We'll have funds in the summer, I am sure.
Well right on queue, here's 'Hertyid' from COYS with some sizzling ITK:
:dembelelol:

Been a while since I had anything, but word from the training ground is DL has opened the purse strings. MP is talking about spending some cash. But need to focus on homegrown. So I would say Sessegnon, Grealish, Maddison etc more likely than any non-UK players. No idea if this is on the back of TA/CE leaving, or irrespective, but sounds like the cash is there.

Back
Top Bottom