Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talk about obscuring statistics to fit your own agenda. I'd throw a link for the pass Llorente fumbled in the Chelsea match, but I can't post links boohoo :eriksenserious:

Google it.

Look, its quite simple......if Eriksen makes 50 crosses in a game, and 11 are good, I will not belittle his 11 good crosses.

But the 39 blasted at someones kneecaps, I will have an issue with.

Absolutely not.

Give me Modric instead.

Or you know, a player who plays in Eriksens position (Isco)

Bentelab?

I’m kidding but plenty of talk about him wanting to come back
Don’t buy it myself and was pleased he left due to his showboating

Back on thread I really hope Christian stays bit feel the same about Toby

Bentelab?

I’m kidding but plenty of talk about him wanting to come back
Don’t buy it myself and was pleased he left due to his showboating

Back on thread I really hope Christian stays bit feel the same about Toby

Id take Bentaleb if we sell Wanyama in all honesty. He ticks three boxes.

Hopefully latest reports of contract offer are true regarding Eriksen.

Id take Bentaleb if we sell Wanyama in all honesty. He ticks three boxes.

Hopefully latest reports of contract offer are true regarding Eriksen.

Shame about Big Vic

I hope he makes a full recovery and can play his part in our PL title push

Apparently Bentelab has put in some shifts for Schalke so would go with Poch on this one

His performances are becoming the elephant in the room, it’s blindingly obvious that his mind is not 100% focused at the moment.

I’m not sure who we would drop him for but he can’t complain if it happens.

I have been feeling that way as well, it has looked to me that he isn’t 100% focused, either that or he is going through a bit of bad form.

Either way, at the moment, he isn’t the player that we know he can be at his best.

The way he just flicked his leg out was pretty poor, just no real commitment or authority in the challenge, felt weak and half hearted like he was more worried about being injured than preventing them scoring.

It was awful from him, Aurier and Sissoko, all 3 of them had opportunities to deal with it and didn't. To be fair to him he has always been powder-puff in those situations and asking him to play such a deep role in a game like this is asking for trouble (see also PSV away).

I think because we were winning matches Eriksen's performances have gone more or less without comment in the media, now that we have lost a game expect people to start talking about him. I don't believe he's downed tools or anything, he is doing the best he can under the circumstances, but no player could be at their peak when they have such a huge decision on their mind.

It was awful from him, Aurier and Sissoko, all 3 of them had opportunities to deal with it and didn't. To be fair to him he has always been powder-puff in those situations and asking him to play such a deep role in a game like this is asking for trouble (see also PSV away).

I think because we were winning matches Eriksen's performances have gone more or less without comment in the media, now that we have lost a game expect people to start talking about him. I don't believe he's downed tools or anything, he is doing the best he can under the circumstances, but no player could be at their peak when they have such a huge decision on their mind.

Completely agree with you mate and think you’re spot on with your assessment.

To add to this, I think bringing Winks off was a huge mistake, he is the only defensive minded player we really have and I think he would have been where Eriksen was in that situation and dealt with it.

Huge decision? Firstly, he's contracted to Spurs. Secondly, there's been no bid from any club and lastly, if he continues to play like he has been there won't be any bids.

I don't understand why everyone makes out like he's the messiah with the choice of any club in the world when he struggles with large parts of his role so often. If I were him I would be more worried that Madrid won't want someone that is so hot and cold.

Back
Top Bottom