Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huge decision? Firstly, he's contracted to Spurs. Secondly, there's been no bid from any club and lastly, if he continues to play like he has been there won't be any bids.

I don't understand why everyone makes out like he's the messiah with the choice of any club in the world when he struggles with large parts of his role so often. If I were him I would be more worried that Madrid won't want someone that is so hot and cold.

There is this small time mentality here that we can’t do better

Then and now......Remember this guy..

And now a fairly laughable compilation from this season in comparison

Too many people with the past stuck in their heads, and not judging the player we now see. It’s Christian Eriksen, but it’s not the level we need. He was better before, miles better.

This happened the last time a contract was due to be signed his form dipped contract signed and he was back on the ball shortly after! Obviously a sensitive kinda a guy.

Don't get me started on his corner taking and shite direct free-kicks, but what the hell has happened to his shooting lately? So many weak, tame shots (and yes I know he got one against Leicester!) hit straight at the keeper. Belt the fucking thing!!

I would just like Eriksen to be the man on days when Son or Kane aren't. He is more than good enough but this season he ain't really been that person.

We can dissect all day long the reasons but no doubting Eriksen is not as good as he has shown he can be.

Last edited:
There is an inevitable feel about him leaving and frankly I have come to terms with it, whatever will be will be.

There are players in world football that would love to play for this club and yes, Eriksen would be hard to replace but nothing is impossible, one player does not make this football club.

That being said, ideally he stays and we start seeing him at his best again.

Then and now......Remember this guy..

And now a fairly laughable compilation from this season in comparison

Too many people with the past stuck in their heads, and not judging the player we now see. It’s Christian Eriksen, but it’s not the level we need. He was better before, miles better.

You do realise that this season he's been played mostly as a midfielder in Poch's 41212 don't you, and that his remit has altered slightly. He isn't a striker, he is rarely even a 10 anymore. He plays as an 8. As such he is one fo the best, and most productive in this league.

You do realise that this season he's been played mostly as a midfielder in Poch's 41212 don't you, and that his remit has altered slightly. He isn't a striker, he is rarely even a 10 anymore. He plays as an 8. As such he is one fo the best, and most productive in this league.
He was never a striker, what on earth are you talking about.
He’s always been a midfielder.

If you think he hasn’t regressed technically REGARDLESS of a slightly different role, then like I said, there is a huge amount of denial.

Look at his early free kicks, corners and his speed.
What’s that got to with formation? Nothing, he’s just not as good now.

Keep throwing “production” around, he has joint second PL assists (9) with Sane, Ryan Fraser, and Sterling and has scored 5 goals.
One less than Moura.

Best productivity in the League my fucking arse

Last edited:
Suddently he is not goood enough......Jesus f.... Christ.. let him go to spain and You Will see what a passer and footballer he is...

Spain where two teams have won the league for 98% of the last 100 years and you get 5 minutes on the ball
Yep, it would be the smart move for him....the Premier League is passing him by

Then.....

Now....

Why are people pretending he wasnt better before? You dont gain or lose anything by doing a simple "eye test", and admitting we would be better off with Eriksen in the form of the earlier videos.

Or is it the same with Sissoko and Trippier and "anyone can look good in a Youtube montage"?
Maybe those videos flatter him, seeing as many people think he's just as good as he always was.

For those of us with better memories though, we know exactly what we're missing out there, the rest of you can enjoy the little 5 meter lay offs in the middle of the pitch if thats what you call world class productivity.

Edit: I literally fell asleep watching the second one

:roseunsure:

Last edited:
Spain where two teams have won the league for 98% of the last 100 years and you get 5 minutes on the ball
Yep, it would be the smart move for him....the Premier League is passing him by

I've a feeling he'll go. We simply can't offer (financially and other) what they can.

He wants to tell his grandkids in 50 years time. "I played for RM (or Barca) and won 3 CLs, four La Liga, a couple of cups and played 100+ times for Denmark". He'll also add "Oh yea, I had five years at Spurs." The kind of story Bale or Modric can tell.

They're the biggest clubs in the world and he wants to ply his trade there. He'll also triple his wages overnight, securing financial stability for his family for the rest of his life.

We need to resign ourselves to it and get the scouts working on his successor (x2 as we need a Dembele replacement)

I've a feeling he'll go. We simply can't offer (financially and other) what they can.

He wants to tell his grandkids in 50 years time. "I played for RM (or Barca) and won 3 CLs, four La Liga, a couple of cups and played 100+ times for Denmark". He'll also add "Oh yea, I had five years at Spurs." The kind of story Bale or Modric can tell.

They're the biggest clubs in the world and he wants to ply his trade there. He'll also triple his wages overnight, securing financial stability for his family for the rest of his life.

We need to resign ourselves to it and get the scouts working on his successor (x2 as we need a Dembele replacement)

Im looking forward to a new aspect to our game to be honest....I look at those earlier videos and feel that Eriksen, Dier, Dele were all so much better before. Dele's form has been really good, but we've lost a spark, and the only real bit of magic comes from Son....he's the only one that gets you off your seat now.

Im hoping a re shuffle with Eriksen out will kick start our old attack style. I really feel he has become unadventurous and in the past he would put in a killer through ball, now he kills the move and plays it safe......its all a bit Jenas for me.

Back
Top Bottom