Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s what happens when you have “Spurs fans” that support the club because their favourite player joined.....criticise him and the insults and disagrees start
Sven whoever the fuck and Dane all over it like flies on shit.

Deal with it, I think he’s not as good as you do. Accept it and move on.
Silver linings when he joins Barca anyway, he’ll take his Beliebers with him

:dembelelol:

Exactly.
Id have more time for this if he said he was going, and spent the next 3 months here, playing like a player that makes you panic at the thought of him eventually leaving us.
Right now, Im like..."oh well, lets spend the money well", and see no reason why we could'nt improve massively with 75M.

People can dress it up all they want, and make all the excuses in the world, but this team is CRYING out for a leader in the middle of the park. Kane is out, Dele is out....we have no leadership. We have no dictator.

Id swap Eriksen for Rabiot tomorrow personally...our games are being determined by Winks, Sissoko, Vertonghen, Lloris, Son and Llorente. When you post poor Eriksen stats, people say "his game is about more than that"...

Well sorry, but take his recent goals and assists away and whats left? Someone in the middle of the park, passing 5 meters to someone else so they can do the creative part. Where is the dribbling? The trickery? The long range efforts?

Hasnt scored a freekick in the PL since 2015, but has taken about 700 of them.
Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander....lesser players playing to their full ability but not quite being good enough is more than ok. Ill stand and applaud them.

"World class" players playing way below their ability more often than not drives me mad.
How deluded are you? You know nothing about football, clearly!

Scenario..

Eriksen won't sign a new deal, he knows of Madrid's interest. Bale wants out of Madrid.

if, IF, it came to it, would you swap Eriksen for Bale right now?

How deluded are you? You know nothing about football, clearly!

Ok, lets make a bet.
If Eriksen leaves, I bet you that Spurs will still improve next season, and we wont finish below this season.
I bet you, even if Eriksen leaves, Spurs will win trophies within the next couple of seasons.

So we´ll see whos clueless wont we. Me, the guy who says he is very much replaceable, or the twats like you who think he isnt.

Scenario..

Eriksen won't sign a new deal, he knows of Madrid's interest. Bale wants out of Madrid.

Absolutely not.

Give me Modric instead.

Or you know, a player who plays in Eriksens position (Isco)

I know we all want to know what's going to happen re CE, but we need to keep our feet on the ground!
would you swap Eriksen for Bale right now?

No, we can't afford him.

No, we couldn't take Isco (see above)

No, I wouldn't take Modric (see above) (and too old)

Scouts (and the Academy) should be working to unearth a 20-22 year old that the manager can incorporate into the team.

Ok, lets make a bet.
If Eriksen leaves, I bet you that Spurs will still improve next season, and we wont finish below this season.
I bet you, even if Eriksen leaves, Spurs will win trophies within the next couple of seasons.

So we´ll see whos clueless wont we. Me, the guy who says he is very much replaceable, or the twats like you who think he isnt.
What kind of argument is that? Similar to Bale, Eriksen is replaceable if we buy good players to replace him. That doesn't mean he's not world class, cuz he absolutely is.

I would say Kane is our best player. Son and Eriksen 2nd/ 3rd, because of this season. Selling one of our best players isnt good sign, but if he wants to leave, we should go outhere and buy quality to replace him. Isco/Dybala type of players, not Grealish or Brooks.

What kind of argument is that? Similar to Bale, Eriksen is replaceable if we buy good players to replace him. That doesn't mean he's not world class, cuz he absolutely is.

Its the kind of argument Ive been having with people who are calling him irreplaceable. So maybe ask them what they mean. I couldnt care less if he's world class or not....Ive said on numerous occasions he is on his day, but his day isnt often enough to act like he's the absolute catalyst of this side.

I would say Kane is our best player. Son and Eriksen 2nd/ 3rd, because of this season. Selling one of our best players isnt good sign, but if he wants to leave, we should go outhere and buy quality to replace him. Isco/Dybala type of players, not Grealish or Brooks.

I dont care who replaces him if they end up being as productive, or more. If Dybala comes in, and is shit, is it better than Grealish coming in, and being excellent?

Scenario..

No way. Last Summer I would have said yes probably, but Bale has been a shambles this season when the chance was there for him to step out of Ronaldos shadow. I may be proven wrong, but my gut tells me he's finished as a top level player.
All added to the fact the guy really doesn't seem to give any fucks whatsoever about Spurs.

I dont care who replaces him if they end up being as productive, or more. If Dybala comes in, and is shit, is it better than Grealish coming in, and being excellent?
There is much bigger chance of Dybala being productive than Grealish and similar talented players. We don't need young talents at the moment, this team needs quality/class players who are gonna win games by themselves.

Honestly, I think Eriksen will stay. Barcelona and Madrid aren't going for him. Barca has too many midfielders, just bought De Jong. Madrid has world class in midfield, with talents like Ceballos, Asensio, Isco or Vincius. We're not going to sell him to PL (I HOPE), so there is only PSG as possibilty which may happen, but looking at that team and how much they spend last couple of years, with Paredes coming in the January... Slim chances of Eriksen going there.

There is much bigger chance of Dybala being productive than Grealish and similar talented players. We don't need young talents at the moment, this team needs quality/class players who are gonna win games by themselves.

No there isnt....our signings over the last decade have proven to show the complete opposite trend.
None of our star signings hit the ground running, several failed completely, and our best players now were mostly potential from smaller clubs, crap leagues or the academy.

Scenario..

No but yes.

Bale is so injury prone but the benefit would be the inner belief he has, the quality and that he does not care for star billing.

I don't think Eriksen to Madrid will happen though.

Honestly, I think Eriksen will stay. Barcelona and Madrid aren't going for him. Barca has too many midfielders, just bought De Jong. Madrid has world class in midfield, with talents like Ceballos, Asensio, Isco or Vincius. We're not going to sell him to PL (I HOPE), so there is only PSG as possibilty which may happen, but looking at that team and how much they spend last couple of years, with Paredes coming in the January... Slim chances of Eriksen going there.

Wenger issues Spurs a new stadium warning by admitting he was forced to sell Woolwich's best players

Wenger barely a week ago said about how hamstrung he was at Woolwich due to having to balance the books. This is a team that from 1998 qualified for the Champions League and all of that extra revenue 19 out of 20 times.

In contrast we are playing our 3rd campaign in the Championship League under Pochettino, our 4th since the 1960s I believe so why people don't get that we have to balance our books with less finance than those in a similar boat to us I don't understand.

Would Dybala be a bett option than a Grealish? Of course he would but we have to pay off loans, debts, all the costs incurred to give us long term growth. It's simply unrealistic and unfair on the club to say we should be going for the Dybala's of this world. I read about our lack of ambition and what the team needs etc, we don't have an endless pot of money & if a team like Woolwich had to balance the books with copious amounts of Champions League money continuously streaming in how do people not get that we need a contingency plan with our finances should we not be able to keep up with the rest and qualify for those revenue streams year in year out?

Dybala is a great player but anyone getting rattled that we aren't targeting this type of player needs to come back down to earth in my opinion. Just saying it how I see it for the short term

Because if Eriksen is leaving (and we should have a good idea by April), and we've secured top 4, then why not experiment?

I agree that Winks and Eriksen are totally different players. However (leaving his one-footedness to the side), could Winks perform an 'Eriksen-like' role. Skipp (or Dier, Wanyama) can play in Winks current 'recycler' role.

It's impossible to replace Eriksen on a like-for-like basis, why not see if Winks could develop into such a player? Personally, I think he has greater potential than a 'breaker up of play'.

Secured top 4? Who you think we are, Wengers Woolwich? We are winning the fucking league by beating Everton at our new stadium! :tobyarm:

sammyspurs sammyspurs Not really wanting to wade in on such a riveting debate but I don't think anyone is saying Eriksen is 'irreplaceable'. Spurs will continue to improve if he goes - such is the greatness of the club.

I, like most, would rather he stayed though. He's about to hit his 'prime years', at a time when Spurs are threatening to achieve great things. We want him to stay. More importantly, it would be a massive sign of where we are if he wants to stay. The lure of Barca is strong with most footballers but what a brilliant thing it would be if he signs a new contract.

It's no good trying to talk down his contribution to this team tho. The guy is quality. It's why we expect clubs to want him. I get what you're doing - it like telling yourself the girl that dumped you isn't really hot (she is though...and filthy with it!) :)

Oh and I'm about to drive home from work to a house of visitors waiting on me to order a chinese - so if you take umbrage, I'm not avoiding a debate...am genuinely busy! :)

:dierpochhug:

Poch is a tactician and manager

Eriksen, in a one on one, at the edge of the box, doesnt have to think about pie charts.
He needs to learn a technique that has a higher success rate than 11 good crosses in 50 attempts (thats 39 shit crosses for clarity) and kick a ball 10 meters towards a man wearing the same t-shirt as him.

Its a simple game. 5yr olds play it.

Talk about obscuring statistics to fit your own agenda. I'd throw a link for the pass Llorente fumbled in the Chelsea match, but I can't post links boohoo :eriksenserious:

Google it.

Back
Top Bottom