Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DuhsZZ4XgAAzwR6.jpg:large

‘Danny Rose in Betting Scandal’

Don't know if it is just me overanalysing, but during the post-match interview on the official Tottenham Hotspur website Eriksen was asked to describe the goal, and he said to ensure the goal he "ofc had to shout at Harry to make sure he made the pass". Even though he said it with a smile I'm wondering if some of our players' tendencies to cling on to the ball for far too long or go for poor attempts when there's to him obvious better chances to be made, is annoying him more than he lets on. Maybe it's part of why he hasn't signed a new contract.
That's really funny if it was true from Ericksen. I don't think that is the reason he is not signing but HK not passing where he should has definitely costed in many goals and in many ways. And the shit is contagious too. It is complicated though. Involves egos and pride etc etc. Very funny Ericksen, to make sure we get the winner he shouted to HK, pass. :eriksenlol:

Don't know if it is just me overanalysing, but during the post-match interview on the official Tottenham Hotspur website Eriksen was asked to describe the goal, and he said to ensure the goal he "ofc had to shout at Harry to make sure he made the pass". Even though he said it with a smile I'm wondering if some of our players' tendencies to cling on to the ball for far too long or go for poor attempts when there's to him obvious better chances to be made, is annoying him more than he lets on. Maybe it's part of why he hasn't signed a new contract.
Yep, you are over analysing.
Every player, every where on the pitch, shouts for the ball.
Half of them do it even if there marked or in a bad position.
Means nothing

Yep, you are over analysing.
Every player, every where on the pitch, shouts for the ball.
Half of them do it even if there marked or in a bad position.
Means nothing
If it wasn't because he scolded Sonny for not making a pass to another player, not even himself, in the past and the fact he actually mentions the necessity of telling Kane to pass the ball, I'd not have thought about it for even a second.

If it wasn't because he scolded Sonny for not making a pass to another player, not even himself, in the past and the fact he actually mentions the necessity of telling Kane to pass the ball, I'd not have thought about it for even a second.

You do realise communication on the pitch is a key element to the team working. Eriksen calling for ball is quite normal given the circumstance.

I think he only mentioned it 'cos he was asked a specific question and he appears to answer in a very off-hand manner "ofc...." and smiles.
Seems to me he knows it was a journalist looking for click bait.

At every level of the game you have to call for it. Except rare circumstances like intentionally not giving it away when you know you're getting e.g. some reverse balls.

Complete non issue bros

It’s just banter...

There was a school of thought on here once that our best players didn't want new signings 'cos their positions in the starting xi would be threatened. I think Joe Clash Joe Clash was one of the main proponents

It wasn’t that at all.

I was asking all you people who were saying DELE AND KANE AND ERIKSEN SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER BE BENCHED
Where exactly you would like our new AMs to play.

Because at that time, no one was talking about upgrading the central midfield, you were all mostly screaming one off about “tricky wingers” and laughing your arses off at anyone who thought Lamela wasn’t a washed up heroin addict and he could come back and make a difference.
You all did the same by ignoring Moura.

So at least be honest about it......loads of people wanted Martial and Zaha and Barkley but not many of you were actually up for rotation in those positions.
It had nothing to do with claiming our players wouldn’t want it.

Absolute master-class in the deep lying playmaker role tonight.

I was told he couldn't play deep because it'd affect his game. Well, he played deeper today and scored a beauty. Absolutely bossed it.

Back
Top Bottom