Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Denmark manager:

"Christian (Eriksen) has a problem with a spinal cord, and Tottenham have reported that it is of long-term nature.

It is doubtful whether we will bring him to Dublin and make him play. I do not think that Tottenham are particularly keen on that.

It has been a long time since he played in the match against FC Barcelona (in the Champions League). Against Cardiff, he was also out (of action).

It has been over a week and I know that he has known about (the injury) for a while.

Such an injury can be chronic, and it is true that Tottenham are worried."

Another fucker that needs to keep his mouth shut.

"Player is inavailable from their club due to matters of fitness"... Then STFU and refer any further questions from the press to the club.

Last edited:
I didn’t know the spinal cord was in the stomach.

If it is an abdominal strain then he won’t be ready for West Ham, maybe not PSV or Man City either.
I’m reckon he won’t be available until Wolves if it is an abdominal strain.

Same goes for Dele.
And we wil definitely be without Vertonghen.

Dembele we could see back for PSV, same with Aurier
Rose, well he’s got a couple of weeks rest, but doubt he will start v West Ham.

Please tell me that the Danish for 'spinal cord' and 'abdominal strain that'll only put him out for a couple of weeks' sound really similar.

c2d.jpg

at least the opposition now know what to target, couple of strong shoulder barges should keep him quiet :eriksenserious:

Should just tell the national squad he isn't fit and get fucked. When he is playing for us again he might turn up for you.

Hmmm. This coming off the back of Martinez's comments, maybe it's their coded way of criticising Poch's training regime? They must be equally frustrated. By the way, I love Poch's approach, all Ive ever said is it needs to be matched by depth of the squad, which isn't entirely his fault.

Despite our defence looking vulnerable, and us not scoring a lot of goals
Fact is after 8 games last season we had scored 15 and conceded 5 GD 10

This season after being shit after 8 ;games we have scored 15 and conceded 7 GD 8

We have 18 points to,last years 17.

We have won 1 more game this season, but lost one more game.

However, we now have an injury crisis and some harder fixtures coming up.
I don’t think the players available and the form they are in can keep us in touching distance in the next 8 games

Hmmm. This coming off the back of Martinez's comments, maybe it's their coded way of criticising Poch's training regime? They must be equally frustrated. By the way, I love Poch's approach, all Ive ever said is it needs to be matched by depth of the squad, which isn't entirely his fault.

Maybe the 2 no mark hacks should stfu and remember who pays the player's wages!

Fuck their frustrations... The WC was a domestic comp all of a sudden was it?

Maybe we should have just given all our top player a couple of months off during the Apr/May run in... They'd be much fresher for the latest round of bullshit internationals afterall, right?

Pair of self-centred pricks are just hedging their bets excuse wise, getting them in early... Esp. the Danish geezer... How about you concetrate on what you're gonna do to avoid getting raped without him? Or bemoan the poor care some of your lesser player get at their minnow fucking day jobs?

I mean, obv the healthcare package of a Danish postman would far exceed that which could be found at Hotspur Way.

• Hmmm. This coming off the back of Martinez's comments, maybe it's their coded way of criticising Poch's training regime? They must be equally frustrated. By the way, I love Poch's approach, all Ive ever said is it needs to be matched by depth of the squad, which isn't entirely his fault.
His touchy-feely, spiritual attitude to rectuitment/coaching is partly to blame tho'.

...But would we be where we are without it?

Unlikely i'd say.

THIS is why i refuse to bitch about this past window and that those that can't look beyond it and use our progress to support their argument or use it as a stick to beat Levy with are hypocryts.

Take Poch out of the equation, under another gaffer Levy would have made dosh available (as it was for MP this window!); it woulda just been frittered away thru compullsion either way.

(*I mean 30m for a championship MF is an alleged scandal that still divides the fanbase, yet Levy's a heathen for not going above 40m for Grielish who struggles to make a regular impact in his own league????)

No, i don't believe this is what he meant by "brave" (i.e. That the aim was to spend nothing), but in backing himself (and the squad) the man has shown balls of steel.

#BraveAsFuckRegardless.

Also....

"I understand you're looking to sell CE, Mr Levy.... £100m u say? Very cute.....

Now let's talk about that chronic injury you were so concerned about in October... ."

Horrible to hear if it's a spinal injury. How on earth has that happened!?

Lucky that Lamela is hitting form. Need him to be getting fitter over the next 2 weeks so we can get him starting league games.

I found the interview in danish and it's far from what the english media is reporting.

- Nothing was said about his spinal cord, he has a problem with one of his abdominal muscles
- The injury isn't chronic but could become so, which is what we're worried about
- Hareide says the injury is long-term because Eriksen's been out for two weeks, but at the same time says he's tried to tempt Eriksen into playing in Dublin. Don't think you should read much into that comment

I would care more if he had signed a new contract. Great player but I think he has decided to leave next summer so we may as well get used to playing without him

Who and where is quoting "spinal cord". Everything I've read makes no reference to this, only abdominal, which is what we already know about. If you also read between the lines, it sounds a bit like the Danish coach thinks Eriksen injury isn't that injured, why would he say he make reference to not luring him to play during this international break???

Back
Top Bottom