Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The most important player in the team?

Yet doesn’t score the most goals
Doesn’t make the most tackles
Doesn’t ghost past players
Doesn’t have the highest assists
Can’t take a corner
Has about a 1 in 50 freekick success rate (and by success I mean over the wall)
Doesn’t backtrack
Doesn’t win headers
Doesn’t win 50-50s
Doesn’t have highest successful pass rate

He’s a great player for the majority of the season, and definitely one of the most important, but imagine we had just paid 100M for him.

You’d be calling for Levy’s head

Oh dear Clynelish Clynelish I see “funny” is the new “disagree”. Why not just offer some dialogue and come with a counter point?

You can stalk my every post with a smiley all you like.

Ironic for someone who thinks we’re no better than Everton though. Now you think we have a 100M pound AM in our attack.
You must really rate the blue scousers highly.

Ironic for someone who thinks we’re no better than Everton though. Now you think we have 100M pound AM in our attack.
You must really rate the blue scousers highly.
That's a laughable misinterpretation of what was actually posted and no wonder you were so irrritated, you might find out if you re-read the thread.

You are so clueless that you think it is worth mentioning that Eriksen hasn't got the highest passing accuracy in the team, guess what no world class AM has.

Last edited:
Is there a limit to how clueless you truly are?

He's the most important player in our team

Back in the bin you shameless troll
DmvKdq3W4AYScjk.jpg

That's a laughable misinterpretation of what was actually posted and no wonder you were so irrritated, you might find out if you re-read the thread.

You are so clueless that you think it is worth mentioning that Eriksen hasn't got the highest passing accuracy in the team, guess what no world class AM has.

Well you likened the level of our aspirations to theirs and basically claimed our players have accepted they aren’t good enough for anything over top 4 and maybe a bonus domestic cup if we’re lucky enough.

It’s funny that you’ve jumped on the pass rate......I take it you agree with the other 7 weak areas of his I mentioned then...lol

Well you likened the level of our aspirations to theirs and basically claimed our players have accepted they aren’t good enough for anything over top 4 and maybe a bonus domestic cup if we’re lucky enough.
I said that it is very unlikely that we will the league this season and also that I think we will finish in the top-four. About Everton I said that it is very unlikely that they will finish in the top-four, I can't see how someone can come to the conclusion that I said that we are no better than Everton.

I said that it is very unlikely that we will the league this season and also that I think we will finish in the top-four. About Everton I said that it is very unlikely that they will finish in the top-four, I can't see how someone can come to the conclusion that I said that we are no better than Everton.

Because you have basically said our players share the same mentality as them.
It’s a lost cause but no harm in trying eh!

What a load of cack.......then you try and claim Eriksen is world class by constantly ridiculing my posts that point out his inconsistencies.
Seems like we’re a team bursting at the seems with world class talent, but we should not be thinking about the title.
Cracking logic there.

For me Kane, Jan, Toby, Lloris are world class. We have a good few who are on their day, and Eriksen is one of them.

For me, he isn’t there yet, and I’ve outlined the reasons why. World class players can regularly kick a dead ball from the corner flag to the 6yrd box.

You said our mentality is no better than theirs though
I don't think there is much wrong with either sides mentality. My point is that professional and reasonable footballers who know the league in and out like Vertonghen, Eriksen, Baines and Pickford are deep down perfectly aware of how good their teams are.. I'm convinced that Vertonghen knows that it is unlikely that we will win the league and that Baines knows that they probably won't finish in the top-four, nothing wrong with a bit of realism.. You seem to confuse that with not doing your utmost best to finish as high as possible and who knows, I've never said it is impossible.

Last edited:
I don't think there is much wrong with either sides mentality. My point is that professional and reasonable footballers who know the league in and out like Vertonghen, Eriksen, Baines and Pickford are deep down perfectly aware of how good their teams are.. I'm convinced that Vertonghen knows that it is unlikely that we will win the league and that Baines knows that they probably won't finish in the top-four, nothing wrong with a bit of realism.. You seem to confuse that with not doing your utmost best to finish as high as possible and who knows, I've never said it is impossible.

You seem happy for our best players to have no self belief. I find it mental considering we have finished above every single one of them at least twice in the last three years.

The most important player in the team?

Yet doesn’t score the most goals
Doesn’t make the most tackles
Doesn’t ghost past players
Doesn’t have the highest assists
Can’t take a corner
Has about a 1 in 50 freekick success rate (and by success I mean over the wall)
Doesn’t backtrack
Doesn’t win headers
Doesn’t win 50-50s
Doesn’t have highest successful pass rate

He’s a great player for the majority of the season, and definitely one of the most important, but imagine we had just paid 100M for him.

You’d be calling for Levy’s head
Embarrassing trolling cunt

You seem happy for our best players to have no self belief. I find it mental considering we have finished above every single one of them at least twice in the last three years.
I think they have enough self belief and think that we can have another very decent season, but I don't expect them to close their eyes for what most reasonable fans can see as well.

I think they have enough self belief and think that we can have another very decent season, but I don't expect them to close their eyes for what most reasonable fans can see as well.

As I said, we have finished above the rest of the top 5 at least twice over in the last three seasons.

Most reasonable fans hope the team can have a go, but I guess your idea of reasonable is jumping on the Liverpool wankwagon and writing us off after 4 games. City not looking great, just drew with Wolves but maybe you see them as totally invincible forever and ever and ever.

Well done. You have a defeatist view, you have settled for top 4, yet you seem to feel we have a 100M pound player in our team. I guess you wont mind if we sell him then, seeing as you surely must think a player of that calibre deserves a shot at a title somewhere, and shouldnt be a little old Spurs surrounded by teammates who dream of 4th.

You can say "Jan and Kane agree with me" a thousand more times, but it doesnt make it true.
As I said before, just because you think the whole squad are inferior (except Eriksen) and have a losers mentality, it doesnt mean that is the outlook of those at the club.

Our ambitions are clear, but dont worry I wont post the manager and players quotes, as I fully expect the default reply from you that goes "Of course they would say that, but they dont mean it"

Sad

As I said, we have finished above the rest of the top 5 at least twice over in the last three seasons.

Most reasonable fans hope the team can have a go, but I guess your idea of reasonable is jumping on the Liverpool wankwagon and writing us off after 4 games. City not looking great, just drew with Wolves but maybe you see them as totally invincible forever and ever and ever.

Well done. You have a defeatist view, you have settled for top 4, yet you seem to feel we have a 100M pound player in our team. I guess you wont mind if we sell him then, seeing as you surely must think a player of that calibre deserves a shot at a title somewhere, and shouldnt be a little old Spurs surrounded by teammates who dream of 4th.

You can say "Jan and Kane agree with me" a thousand more times, but it doesnt make it true.
As I said before, just because you think the whole squad are inferior (except Eriksen) and have a losers mentality, it doesnt mean that is the outlook of those at the club.

Our ambitions are clear, but dont worry I wont post the manager and players quotes, as I fully expect the default reply from you that goes "Of course they would say that, but they dont mean it"

Sad
Many pointless assumptions, you are not even a good WUM.

Haha.....and of course, you claiming that Jan, Eriksen and Kane have accepted that top 4 is the best we can hope for and there is no chance of winning the league and they know it full well.....what is that?

A fact?
No, it's a fact that I think it is unlikely (not impossible, for the third time) that we will win the league and obviously an assumption that for example a reasonable professional like Vertonghen deep down agrees with that, it's hardly a strange thing to say anyway.. It would be much more worrying if someone somehow thinks that we are favourites.

Last edited:
obviously an assumption that for example a reasonable professional like Vertonghen deep down agrees with that, it's hardly a strange thing to say anyway.

Yes, thats what I said. An assumption....yet there you are calling me a WUM for making assumptions.

"Deep down Vertonghen agrees with me".....do you know how that sounds?

"Chelsea is looking very strong but we can't stop pushing and dreaming of the league,"
"We've proven in the last two years what we're capable of,"
"Tottenham were always capable of beating the smaller teams but not the big ones.

"But in the last couple of years we're doing both and we have proven we belong where we are.

"Teams are thinking about us now if they're talking about league wins or top four. Before it was that Tottenham will finish fifth or sixth.

"I don't know what is necessary to win the league - maybe a bit of luck - but I think this group has massive quality and is very special.

"We were missing five players at Swansea who normally start, but the other guys fit in and we're a very strong squad who can beat every other squad in the Premier League."

Vertonghen in April 2017

Yeah but 18 months down the line, he's happy with 4th and doesnt believe we can challenge.

:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom