Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuel for the Christian Eriksen and set pieces fire:

Personally, I find it kind of laughable that people blame him for always hitting the first defender. After 4 goddamn years of seeing how good a shooter he is, and how precise he can be, to think that he is doing anything other than exactly what Mauricio is telling him to do is to completely fail to understand what happens during set pieces.

If you have a problem with Eriksen always hitting the first man, take it up with Pochettino for asking him to do the same routine each time.

Fuel for the Christian Eriksen and set pieces fire:

Personally, I find it kind of laughable that people blame him for always hitting the first defender. After 4 goddamn years of seeing how good a shooter he is, and how precise he can be, to think that he is doing anything other than exactly what Mauricio is telling him to do is to completely fail to understand what happens during set pieces.

If you have a problem with Eriksen always hitting the first man, take it up with Pochettino for asking him to do the same routine each time.

He's always taken corners this way. For Ajax as well. It's high risk, high reward. Always trying to hit the runner at the front post. Pochettino obviously agrees.

Only 2 players played 90 mins. Davies because Rose is injured and Eriksen. There is no ready replacement for him and he does play a lot of minutes. Lamela is unlikely to be back for some time and IF we cannot find a back up elsewhere then someone in the team will have to learn to play his role when not on the field. Possibly Dele could do this but whilst Toby and Kane are terribly missed if injured or rested it is Eriksen we miss the most as no one really plays his role.

Hang onto your hats. With Neymar deal to PSG almost done, there will be a flurry of activity, with Barca with £200m in their back bin they are going for Cuntinho and Dembele (Ousmane) as their main targets. The knock on effects will have vultures circling. Delighted we have him under a new deal to give us some protection.

Mind you deal still has some hurdles to overcome............

In my view, I've been pretty fair on Eriksen over the years. Thought he was a great bargain signing, but not on the Ozil, Silva level at the time and had doubts whether he would be. Last season, he started out very slow. He was obviously great by the end of the year.

In preseason, he has been on another level. He looks like he's improved in his weaker areas such as dribbling and ability to keep the ball with strength. His left footed ball across the box today that Kane botched was incredible. If he replicates this in the future, he might be the $80 million player we think we need to get over the hump.

The way he opened his hips up before going by Buffon was brilliant. I haven't seen that level of agility from him in the past.

Back
Top Bottom