Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Understand what you are saying. I suppose you felt that Chelsea win was a little serendipitous. I just felt that the game as a whole, Chelsea responded with more options than us during difficult periods. We lacked that bit of option with pace in attack.
We lost games due to our lack of pace in defence, no doubt. But my point in discussion is more on the Alli, Eriksen combo, compared with the groups other top teams have. What we had achieved last season (as mentioned in your well written paragraph on how we performed against top teams) has been nothing short of remarkable. But if we are to be critical (which we have to be if we are talking about challenging for the title)I am in the opinion that Alli and Eriksen are not without weaknesses and still not the best compared to others.
It is easy to say we lost to Chelsea (both the title and FA cup) due to our defence. However we can also say we didn't score enough when matters. You can can we had scored so many thru out the season, but we conceded little too. My point as I said, is more about Alli and Eriksen compared to others, not about our entire team.
I am glad you agreed we should sign players with pace. As you might disagree, I am also in the opinion that had we have Mahrez last season, we might be better off. He could have offered something different to Alli and Eriksen, when things get a little predictable.
I loved how predictably we score more goals than any other team and I loved how predictably we conceded the fewest goals, these two predictable things makes you a title challenging side, no team in the top 7 is predicable as Tottenham in these two areas. Dele was predictably the YPOTY and Eriksen was predictably our most creative player. If we defend and attack as well as we did last year (repeat it) we will win the League.

I loved how predictably we score more goals than any other team and I loved how predictably we conceded the fewest goals, these two predictable things makes you a title challenging side, no team in the top 7 is predicable as Tottenham in these two areas. Dele was predictably the YPOTY and Eriksen was predictably our most creative player. If we defend and attack as well as we did last year (repeat it) we will win the League.
I would love nothing more than your prediction coming true! A thumb up!

For some weird reason I feel this year is going to be Eriksen's year! From all I have seen of him in pre-season, I think he will be the best player of this season, the year he truly breaks out as the world class attacking mid before he tempts Barcelona to splash the cash on him.

The upside of Eriksen not having the 'hard' side to his game that a few seem to want, is that he rarely gets injured. We have enough steel in our midfield to allow our playmaker a bit of leeway in this regard. I think this is often overlooked.

The upside of Eriksen not having the 'hard' side to his game that a few seem to want, is that he rarely gets injured. We have enough steel in our midfield to allow our playmaker a bit of leeway in this regard. I think this is often overlooked.

Exactly. And his contribution is already arguably more than anyone else (chances created, distance covered etc). He pulls the strings and we're so much worse without him.

For some weird reason I feel this year is going to be Eriksen's year! From all I have seen of him in pre-season, I think he will be the best player of this season, the year he truly breaks out as the world class attacking mid before he tempts Barcelona to splash the cash on him.

Towards the new of the season and during pre season he's been putting his laces through it and hitting some absolute rifles. I'm with you on this one this years the one where people away from Spurs notice how quality he is

He also presses very intelligently, might not give it his all in the tackle but he still disrupts opponents and takes up good positions

Fantastic game by Eriksen today. Oozes class. Shocked no big teams have come in for him?

If you check the comments there it is absolutely awashed with Barca fans begging him to join them. Worrying.

Fantastic game by Eriksen today. Oozes class. Shocked no big teams have come in for him?

If you check the comments there it is absolutely awashed with Barca fans begging him to join them. Worrying.

He's publicly said that he had a trial with Barca in his teenage years and didn't like them, I don't think we have anything to worry about on that front.

He's publicly said that he had a trial with Barca in his teenage years and didn't like them, I don't think we have anything to worry about on that front.
giphy.gif

Although he hasn't said what, he has a 'secret plan' for his career.

Tottenham Hotspur Transfer News: Christian Eriksen hints he could leave Spurs – revealing he has a 'secret plan' for the future | Metro News

An Ajax boy, surely one would think that Barcelona would be the pinnacle for him to want to go...

No, he said he had a trial there and it didn't go well, i.e. he didn't do good.

He also said that it's a fantastic club and few people would turn them down, but that he didn't wanna consider anything until there was a concrete interest from their side.

Back
Top Bottom