Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Call me shit house crazy, but I think Eriksen kinda looks like Mike Damone from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"

b781qh3.jpg

Kinda.....
You're shit house crazy

might be, but only one pivot. When Eriksen plays well, we play well. that's the causal relation
Actually, that is very fair. He was even doing Modric-style metronome stuff at points last night.

*checks over shoulder, smells Tapas. Perez is near*

I mean, he's fucking shit but I guess we'll keep him around.

In all seriousness, I do think that's why we need to buy someone this summer who we'd be comfortable playing in place of Eriksen for the end of matches/cup matches. We've been very fortunate that he's stayed injury free this season (and he almost never comes off early). Is Barkley that guy?

Actually, that is very fair. He was even doing Modric-style metronome stuff at points last night.

*checks over shoulder, smells Tapas. Perez is near*

I mean, he's fucking shit but I guess we'll keep him around.

In all seriousness, I do think that's why we need to buy someone this summer who we'd be comfortable playing in place of Eriksen for the end of matches/cup matches. We've been very fortunate that he's stayed injury free this season (and he almost never comes off early). Is Barkley that guy?
No, he could but he is quite limited as a player. Meyer or Tielmans for me

Too harsh Jamie. So you're saying it's Christian's fault we won't win the league?
No Joe , i am saying he contributed to our sluggish first half of the season along with a few others and i just happen to think there are other players that have played well throughout the season that would get my vote , Wanyama , Jan, Kane (When fit) as a few
But i cannot deny what a quality player he is and how influential he has been the last few months and what a player he has been for us in general

And to think some were calling for us to upgrade him earlier in the season........

:eriksenlol:
To be fair he was really poor at the start of the season.I definitely wouldn't replace him, however we should buy a like for like in the summer. Players do fall in and out of form and we have been fortunate he has stayed relatively healthy in his time with us.

I think this current run and Eriksen's form has highlighted just how important he is to us. We really have nobody else who can do what he does.

Last season we had no replacement for Kane but were lucky he was not injured. We still do not have a suitable replacement for Eriksen who plays nearly all the time. However we could also say we do not have a suitable replacement for Dele, Rose, Toby or Vertonghan although there are replacements. We do need another player but the chances he will be good enough to be a suitable replacement are slim unless we spend millions and then he would want to start more.

We aren't a team relying on individuals though. I reckon we'd do fine without Eriksen if we lost him to an injury because the team will step up.

Just like we stepped up when Lloris, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, Lamela and Kane have missed periods of play this season.

Last edited:
Brilliant season and he will get only get better. Not sure whats happened to his free kicks and corners though. Poch needs to fire the Spurs set ball coach?

Hi guys,

Earlier in the season I bought 50 Eriksen badges under the assumption the odd Spurs fan might want one.

6 months later I have sold only fucking one!

I will do buy one get one free.

My Mrs is convinced I am a degenerate idiot who acts on impulse, help a man out, so I can get this cow off my back!

All the best for the end of the season, try and do Chelsea.

I would post the link (however I need one like as I am a new user)

Dan (Coventry Fan)

Back
Top Bottom