Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad he got a goal. Has deserved some reward on the assists/goals tally recently. That ball to dele that flappyhandski saved was phenomenal. Also essentially created the first goal and provided the assist to the assist for the second.

That 3rd goal is so sexy. Great run and pointing where he wants the ball, Dele waiting for exactly the right time to make the pass and Christians little shimmy as the ball runs across his body to wrong foot the defender. :walker-scream:

This is why I suggested dropping him deeper a few weeks back; he can literally run games, like Scholes used to. Gives him more options to pass to ahead of him, plus allows him to utilise his entire range of passing, something that's subdued in the final third. And if anything, it could even amount in more goals because of his clever, stealth running from deeper and decent shooting from range. He's proven in the past few weeks that he can win a tackle as well.

This is why I suggested dropping him deeper a few weeks back; he can literally run games, like Scholes used to. Gives him more options to pass to ahead of him, plus allows him to utilise his entire range of passing, something that's subdued in the final third. And if anything, it could even amount in more goals because of his clever, stealth running from deeper and decent shooting from range. He's proven in the past few weeks that he can win a tackle as well.

I think he's good enough where he is.

The ability to drop deep makes him a great asset to the team, because he loses his marker. Him and Alli are literally everywhere whilst Dembele and Wanyama mop up.

Its very effective and I almost feel if he played deeper, he'd be less effective.

Thing is... you could say that about any number of our current squad!

Moussa Dembele is an under praised figure in Tottenham’s excellent run
Kyle Walker is an under praised figure in Tottenham’s excellent run
Victor Wanyama is an under praised figure in Tottenham’s excellent run
Toby Alderweireld is an under praised figure in Tottenham’s excellent run

...in fact, it's only really Dele & Kane who have been taking much the praise and attention... and even then they're quick to try and knock Dele's temperament!

Maestro!

He makes us tick that's for sure, I think he's the most important player in our team by some distance. People also forget to covers more ground than anyone in our team as well, he's seriously amazing.

Just saw a clip of Hoddle on BT Sport saying we need to upgrade Eriksen to compete for trophies (I am paraphrasing). What does this guy need to do? Involved in all 3 goals against Swansea, active and positive against Watford, been superb after a rough start to the season. I don't get why Eriksen doesn't get more credit - anyone that watches this team with and without him can tell you his value to our attacking flow.

Is this just the way of things? Either Tottenham needs to upgrade a position/player or they are being sold in the summer. Apparently no one is good AND no one is staying, yet Spurs are 2nd.

EDIT: I see Guido already commented on this in the MOTD Thread. Alas.

Last edited:
Just saw a clip of Hoddle on BT Sport saying we need to upgrade Eriksen to compete for trophies (I am paraphrasing). What does this guy need to do? Involved in all 3 goals against Swansea, active and positive against Watford, been superb after a rough start to the season. I don't get why Eriksen doesn't get more credit - anyone that watches this team with and without him can tell you his value to our attacking flow.

Is this just the way of things? Either Tottenham needs to upgrade a position/player or they are being sold in the summer. Apparently no one is good AND no one is staying, yet Spurs are 2nd.

Not seen the clip but Hoddle is always hugely critical of us and a total loon.

I was very frustrated with Eriksen (and most of the squad, to be fair) in the early part of the season because they looked like they were putting in no effort or had forgotten to play with each other. His turnaround has been immense. He's a truly vital player in our team every game. I think when your team contains Harry Kane and Dele it's going to mean all other players are going to be overlooked apart from by actual Spurs fans who watch every game in full and so know the players a lot better.

If only those seemingly endless draws in the first half of the season where we totally dominated could have been won...

Last edited:

Hoddle is half-insane so I think we can all take what he says with a Christ-sized grain of salt!

Back
Top Bottom