Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are so reliant on him and would suffer if he was missing for any length of time. We need someone else that can make us tick like he does but that would not be a replacement any more than Janssen was for Kane when bought. We cannot afford players that are ready made playmakers at this level but that does not mean we do not try to get another player that can compete with him and like Janssen some times play as well as him in the team.

We are so reliant on him and would suffer if he was missing for any length of time. We need someone else that can make us tick like he does but that would not be a replacement any more than Janssen was for Kane when bought. We cannot afford players that are ready made playmakers at this level but that does not mean we do not try to get another player that can compete with him and like Janssen some times play as well as him in the team.
Well quality backup for him isn't something all that common, we are talking about a top class playmaker. Maybe Mayer from S04 or Winks could grow into that role

A healthy and returning Lamela next year will be like a new signing, and will be a fine Eriksen backup while he regains fitness. As long as we stand pat with the offensive portion of our squad we are set to improve yet again this summer.

So now we know the key - just get four good free kicks in a match.

Can you imagine him recreating that in an FA Cup final against the scum?

AVmyV_s-200x150.gif

So now we know the key - just get four good free kicks in a match.

...um, judging by the 'accuracy' of the first 3 attempts... (i'm just gonna come out and say this) but I suspect that wasn't just his 4th go at it!

Plus, I'm pretty sure Ben Davies was clean shaven at the beginning of that clip... he looked like he had 3 days' growth by the end!

...um, judging by the 'accuracy' of the first 3 attempts... (i'm just gonna come out and say this) but I suspect that wasn't just his 4th go at it!

Plus, I'm pretty sure Ben Davies was clean shaven at the beginning of that clip... he looked like he had 3 days' growth by the end!
Oh you cynic, you... I wouldn't be all that surprised if you were right, but they do have videos where the player outright fails to recreate the goal.

Thought he was brilliant again today.

I wonder if Eriksen can sneak in another 3 goals in the league this season? He seems to be getting some real great chances that are either being hit TOO well and flying over or keepers are making great saves to stop him. Deserved a goal today.

If he DOES get another 3 goals, he would also be on 10 league goals. I wonder if any team has EVER had 4 players from the same team on 10+ league goals in one single league season.

Thought he was brilliant again today.

I wonder if Eriksen can sneak in another 3 goals in the league this season? He seems to be getting some real great chances that are either being hit TOO well and flying over or keepers are making great saves to stop him. Deserved a goal today.

If he DOES get another 3 goals, he would also be on 10 league goals. I wonder if any team has EVER had 4 players from the same team on 10+ league goals in one single league season.
Yes great game today, so very smooth and very, very mobile. Must be nice playing with someone always open for the pass.

If there is a wee cloud it's his set pieces, which are inexplicably erratic for someone so talented.

We desperately need someone else who can take a corner though. Is there any way he can possibly be the best corner taker in the squad in training....?

His assist for Dele today was one of the best I have seen for as long as I can remember. To see that pass, have the confidence to try it, and to then execute it perfectly like that - absolutely perfectly in terms of flight and inch perfect like that, well, I just think there are very few players who can do that.

Media today is full of rumours that Barcelona are after him and want him already in the summer transfer window. If that is true I guess we can say goodbye to him.

Back
Top Bottom