Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not blind to his faults. He frustrates many because he jumps out of challenges that the rest of our midfield would relish. His shooting recently has been poor (his goal at Stamford Bridge apart) and I'll readily admit that he's far from physically brave when it comes to the rough stuff. But mentally he has a lot of courage. He's always trying to do the difficult thing rather than play the safe, non-threatening pass. He's not afraid to fail, and that takes courage.

Literally, no one works harder for our team. Even when it's not going for him he's always available for a pass - he can be quiet - but he never hides, and I admire that.

Reason why Eriksen hasn't been "poached" yet, like Carrick,Bale or Modric, is because he doesn't stand out.

Reason why he doesn't stand out? He's surrounded by at least 5 or 6 other players that the biggest and richest clubs in the world would benefit from.

So the 5-6 players he's surrounded by who would benefit bigger sides?

Kane, Alderweireld, Dembele, Alli, Rose, Walker? None of which play the same position as Eriksen, take him out who would play in his role? Alli whilst great still also has off days, so does Kane. Pochettino has even said it himself about Eriksen being an important part of the way play. If anything Eriksen would benefit from some healthy competition for his place.

So the 5-6 players he's surrounded by who would benefit bigger sides?

Kane, Alderweireld, Dembele, Alli, Rose, Walker? None of which play the same position as Eriksen, take him out who would play in his role? Alli whilst great still also has off days, so does Kane. Pochettino has even said it himself about Eriksen being an important part of the way play. If anything Eriksen would benefit from some healthy competition for his place.

I don't really know how this is anything to do with what I said. You're either taking it out of context or are going off on a tangent.

I don't really know how this is anything to do with what I said. You're either taking it out of context or are going off on a tangent.
How am I going off on a tangent? you've said he doesn't stand out due to other players being more likely to benefit other sides. I would say he stands out in his position for us, take Eriksen out and who would be an able deputy in his place? His chance creation and assist stats suggest he's currently one of if not the best in his position. Luckily the burden of scoring doesn't rest on his shoulders.

How am I going off on a tangent? you've said he doesn't stand out due to other players being more likely to benefit other sides.

No I didn't.

I said he doesn't stand out because he's surrounded by at least 5-6 other players that would interest other clubs.

You added the context of comparison and "more likely".

We have a good line up of 11 players now, when they are fit. Due to this, very few players in the team stick out like a sore thumb - even Kane is underrated in the media because of the players around him.

When Poch described him as "our brain", I couldn't help but think of this little fella
will-krang-be-in-ninja-turtles-2_43tu.jpg

It was the right game for him. The next best names can't manage to close him down and when he has space he is deadly!

I think that Poch rested him because he expected a far more physical game. Why risk our playmaker in a lower league scrum? Kane's injury forced his hand, but Millwall were passive. I think the occasion got to them.

I think that Poch rested him because he expected a far more physical game. Why risk our playmaker in a lower league scrum? Kane's injury forced his hand, but Millwall were passive. I think the occasion got to them.
Kane should have never started that game - separate discussion all together

Back
Top Bottom