Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone tell me:

- Since when did Stockley Park start making mid-game statements about games?
- When making their subsequent statement, why did Stockley Park also phrase things as if there had been no initial review saying that "Upon review, we confirm that it should have been a red card".
- Why is the GLC situ now being portrayed in the media as if no in-game VAR review actually took place?

Something stinks about all this.... Anyone think we may see them try to retrospectively card Gio despite the "we won't over-rule an in-game VAR judgement" protocol?
You could be right here, but my opinion is if the Ref didn’t punish it, and Dumb & Dumber didn’t punish it then there should be no punishment......if the FA do jump in then this game of football we all know and love is fucking gone completely.....Fans need to stop attending matches until this shit show VAR is fucked in the garbage!!!!!!!!!

What has the 7-2 got to do with it? It’s gone. It’s like me bringing up a game we won by playing expansive as “proof” we can do it.

We did not compete. We were thoroughly outplayed and 1-0 flattered us. Their profligacy kept us in the tie. Did you watch the game?!

The same players are struggling now like they were before. That’s my point. There is no magic solution to our injury ravaged and unbalanced squad. At the very least the players are playing with a bit more guts than they were under Poch, but the lack of quality and poor physical condition of many players has not gone away. Against Man City early in the season we were outshot 30-3 with our full squad fit, what are you expecting from these players in these circumstances?

You could be right here, but my opinion is if the Ref didn’t punish it, and Dumb & Dumber didn’t punish it then there should be no punishment......if the FA do jump in then this game of football we all know and love is fucking gone completely.....Fans need to stop attending matches until this shit show VAR is fucked in the garbage!!!!!!!!!

I don't disagree.... Fuck playing £50+ a pop for a 'doctored' outcome...

I can watch WWE if I want scripted results.

The same players are struggling now like they were before. That’s my point. There is no magic solution to our injury ravaged and unbalanced squad. At the very least the players are playing with a bit more guts than they were under Poch, but the lack of quality and poor physical condition of many players has not gone away. Against Man City early in the season we were outshot 30-3 with our full squad fit.

Funny you say that; Southampton fan on TS just said "KWP isn't match fit"....

....Da fuck has been going on since pre-season????

They won't be happy till Lo Celso gets a retrospective Red after today...

Shame they can't give a retrospective GOAL after Pedro Mendes' at Old Trafford.... guess it doesn't work like that, DOES IT?

Firstly with Jose as our manager the answer is it doesn’t matter. He will still play a Lo-block.

If, and for hypothetical sake, our manager was Rapp Hasslurtl, Naglesmann, Lampard, Poch, Klopp they would no doubt play Parrott, Dele, Bergwjin, Lucas. But they will be playing a stystem of football that will mitigate the loss. Just as Lampard did today and Naglesmann did during the week and Klopp has done when he couldn’t play Salah, Maine.

It’s not about the individuals, it’s about the system and how the team play as a collective.

For José it is all about the individual, it’s why he wants the season to be over.

I don’t agree with your last paragraph as there is still plenty to play for

Poch didn’t think that Parrott was ready either

Do you think if Poch was still in charge today’s result would have been any different?
I don’t and with him still in charge we would have been lucky to only concede the two

I concede things aren’t good and I thought we’d turned the corner after the City result but I believe that we have the right man for the job

You clearly don’t as do a few others but the majority do

The same players are struggling now like they were before. That’s my point. There is no magic solution to our injury ravaged and unbalanced squad. At the very least the players are playing with a bit more guts than they were under Poch, but the lack of quality and poor physical condition of many players has not gone away. Against Man City early in the season we were outshot 30-3 with our full squad fit, what are you expecting from these players in these circumstances?
It’s also the same Chelsea players that have lost to a number of dog shit teams this season.

We shouldn’t be making excuses for the tactics the manager is deploying. Whatever the players are doing, he is getting stuff wrong.

When you see it at normal speed it's not a red card. There was nothing intentional in it. Purely accidental. When you see it in slow motion it looks like a red card, but it didn't happen in slow motion, it happened in a split second and it was unintentional.

Not a card of any colour, The ref got it right. VAR got it right.

Back
Top Bottom