Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you see it at normal speed it's not a red card. There was nothing intentional in it. Purely accidental. When you see it in slow motion it looks like a red card, but it didn't happen in slow motion, it happened in a split second and it was unintentional.

Not a card of any colour, The ref got it right. VAR got it right.
It will no doubt be a hot topic of discussion at great length on MOTD tonight .
The blatant penalty for De Bruyne’s handball was a much more obvious decision that wasn’t given either by the match ref or VAR.

Last edited:
Apart from Giroud’s inevitable goal, the other depressing aspect of today’s game was I was not the least bit surprised at the result or performance.
Not good.

It’s also the same Chelsea players that have lost to a number of dog shit teams this season.

We shouldn’t be making excuses for the tactics the manager is deploying. Whatever the players are doing, he is getting stuff wrong.

We have lost to dog shit teams, we are not special. As a team we are totally average when you remove our world class forward players. We have seen this for more than a year. We find it hard to beat anyone in this league.

This is the reality. We have some decent players, some grafters but not the type of squad that gives you any right to expect a result in a massive away game with two world class goal scorers injured. The team is in a very messy early stage of rebuilding after the Dembele + Eriksen era has ended.

The bloke was a top footballer but he's got an arse for a brain.

Saying that Mourinho doesn't rate Bergwijn and Lo Celso is laughable. Almost as laughable as the amount of pundits who haven't said how shit out of luck we are to lose TWO massive players for the rest of the season it seems. Take the equivalent out of any team in the world and you'll see them suffer, it's just a killer it's happened to us but on we go.

But we were equally passive and inept in the home game, which Kane and Son both started?

I don’t agree with your last paragraph as there is still plenty to play for

Poch didn’t think that Parrott was ready either

Do you think if Poch was still in charge today’s result would have been any different?
I don’t and with him still in charge we would have been lucky to only concede the two

I concede things aren’t good and I thought we’d turned the corner after the City result but I believe that we have the right man for the job

You clearly don’t as do a few others but the majority do
I'm not saying he would specifically play him, I'm saying there are PLAYERS who he can select from and utilize in the absence of Son and Kane.

Please STOP making this about Poch vs Jose!!!! I also listed other mangers how all play a progressive system of football who all find solutions to their best players being out injured!!! That's the fucking point being made. I would have welcomed any number of about 7 or 8 mangers other than Jose, I've listed them all previously. Poch has gone he's not out manager anymore!

I bring up his name only suffice to include him in a list of mangers that play a brand of football that i think we should play to be competitive again, to be more than the sum of our parts (like Ajax were able to be last season, like Leicester, Wolves and Sheffield, Leipzig are this. Klopp lost his players in his last season at Dortmund, that doesn't make him a bad coach does it??? And seeing as a CL slot is worth £100m I guess they wish they would have kept him and allowed him a potentially expensive rebuild, rather than letting him go and play in the Europa.

The City result was a terrible performance, we won but were completely outplayed. Sorry to get stroppy with you Baz but just watch how we play, ignore the result. If we are playing well but lose, as frustrating as that can be, I can and do take comfort in that. It shows signs of coaching. We have been comprehensively outplayed by Chelsea TWICE, United, Liverpool (although I thought we weren't as bad as the press made us out to be apart from first 10min), outplayed by Leipzig, outplayed by Wolves, Outplayed by Southampton TWICE, outplayed in large parts of the game by Villa and Norwich (TWICE) and Watford, scraped past Brighton and Bournemouth and despite dominating the game were it not for their keeper we probably would have lost or drawn against West Ham.

To me, we actually look like we are getting worse, not better. This is a major fucking concern!

Spurs had no option but to play defensively. Mad people think we're gunna go to Stamford Bridge and boss Chelsea and bang in loads of goals when bergwin has been here 2 weeks and moura aren't strikers. Never were. Never will be. Can't hold up the ball, haven't got a natural strikers instinct to save their lives. You're living in a fantasy. It was like watching Sunday league out there today.

We've needed a striker since 2014. Levy is a fucking joke. Disgraced this club. Fuck off and take your Bahamas tax haven shite with ya. Fucking crook.
Would be better if you fucked off.

But we were equally passive and inept in the home game, which Kane and Son both started?

We averaged a point a game for nearly a year building up to Mourinho. Do you honestly think that he would click his fingers and everything would be great again? We had no confidence, no belief, no foundations we were able to develop from it's all about an incremental process.

Points first, then confidence, then rhythm, then you build on it isn't how I saw the process going. Up until the news of Sonny's injury we were only bettered by Liverpool for points won in the Prem since Jose took over. Like it or not that's impressive for where we were as a club when he took over.

It's a massive shame that we won't get to see how the teams style progressed with on song Lo Celso, Ndombele, Dele, Son, Bergwijn and Kane. Won't be seeing those 6 starting a game together for the first time until August at the earliest it seems.

I'm not saying he would specifically play him, I'm saying there are PLAYERS who he can select from and utilize in the absence of Son and Kane.

Please STOP making this about Poch vs Jose!!!! I also listed other mangers how all play a progressive system of football who all find solutions to their best players being out injured!!! That's the fucking point being made. I would have welcomed any number of about 7 or 8 mangers other than Jose, I've listed them all previously. Poch has gone he's not out manager anymore!

I bring up his name only suffice to include him in a list of mangers that play a brand of football that i think we should play to be competitive again, to be more than the sum of our parts (like Ajax were able to be last season, like Leicester, Wolves and Sheffield, Leipzig are this. Klopp lost his players in his last season at Dortmund, that doesn't make him a bad coach does it??? And seeing as a CL slot is worth £100m I guess they wish they would have kept him and allowed him a potentially expensive rebuild, rather than letting him go and play in the Europa.

The City result was a terrible performance, we won but were completely outplayed. Sorry to get stroppy with you Baz but just watch how we play, ignore the result. If we are playing well but lose, as frustrating as that can be, I can and do take comfort in that. It shows signs of coaching. We have been comprehensively outplayed by Chelsea TWICE, United, Liverpool (although I thought we weren't as bad as the press made us out to be apart from first 10min), outplayed by Leipzig, outplayed by Wolves, Outplayed by Southampton TWICE, outplayed in large parts of the game by Villa and Norwich (TWICE) and Watford, scraped past Brighton and Bournemouth and despite dominating the game were it not for their keeper we probably would have lost or drawn against West Ham.

To me, we actually look like we are getting worse, not better. This is a major fucking concern!

So who would you play up front now?

I’m not saying it’s between Poch and Jose at all but other posters are saying Poch performed miracles

Really?

We averaged a point a game for nearly a year building up to Mourinho. Do you honestly think that he would click his fingers and everything would be great again? We had no confidence, no belief, no foundations we were able to develop from it's all about an incremental process.

Points first, then confidence, then rhythm, then you build on it isn't how I saw the process going. Up until the news of Sonny's injury we were only bettered by Liverpool for points won in the Prem since Jose took over. Like it or not that's impressive for where we were as a club when he took over.

It's a massive shame that we won't get to see how the teams style progressed with on song Lo Celso, Ndombele, Dele, Son, Bergwijn and Kane. Won't be seeing those 6 starting a game together for the first time until August at the earliest it seems.

Injuries after The Euros permitting

So who would you play up front now?

I’m not saying it’s between Poch and Jose at all but other posters are saying Poch performed miracles

Really?
Mate. It doesn't matter who we play up top. He will still set us up in a low or mid-block!!!

He's brainwashing everyone in thinking all is lost because we have THREE players injured! THREE!!!!

His style of football requires a striker to hold the ball up and lob long balls to, he's not adapting because he can't. Before we lost Son he defended his style of football by saying he couldn't play any differently because he lost Ban Davies!!

Man U have lost to Newcastle, Burnley (at home), Crystal Palace (at home), Bournemouth, West Ham and a bottom of the table Watford this season. They are shit. I’m not particularly interested in arguing with you about the merits of this Man U and Coach Solskjaer who you appear to rate very highly.
We can both agree they are shit , however they seem to turn into peak Barca when playing the rest of the big 6, Liverpool aside I’m pretty sure there record is the best against points won against other top 6 teams

Back
Top Bottom