Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going to be a stressful night and just hope we do not gift them an early goal. I was relatively confident earlier in the month although disappointed Son was going to be missing. Losing Kane and Dele has tipped my mood into being ready for another disappointing semi. Getting a few other players back from injury has lifted me a little but I still think we are the underdogs.

To counteract the disgusting confidence on display here, I am going into this with a huge dose of pessimism.

Can easily see us conceding within the first couple of minutes to cancel out our advantage and it just being a straight dog-fight for the rest of the match.

Don't get me wrong, I will be ecstatic to be proved incorrect and will be ejaculating for England if we get to the final.

I fear Giroud in this one. Like I said before, I think we'll give them the lion's share of possession and absorb their attacks, but if they put enough decent balls into our box then just just know Giroud will get a goal against us.

We need to score.
:kanehand:
Yeah, I agree. He's going to get on the end of something. My one reservation is that Sarri was talking up Hazard's involvement (saying he needs to step up), and the pundits (what do they know?) are saying it's Hazard OR Giroud. I don't see how they can't play both, however. It worked for Crouchy and Defoe and I hope it works with Llorent and Lucas.

One thing is for sure: I am trimming my nails now, so there is nothing to get stuck in to in the last 5 minutes.

1-1 Llorente nod down for Lucas. Pretty please.

Cant say Im as bullish about this one as wouldve been baring the absentees. Think it is imperative that we dont concede early and get their cuntish crowd up. Keep things solid and reckon we can nick a goal/draw which I will take all day long.

Hmm, the butterflies are starting...

Anyone else feel that if we manage to get over this Hurdle, we then have an even harder one in the final.. It is my natural pessimism kicking in, but am hoping for an early goal and then hold them off, can see their scummy fans getting right on their backs if we do.

The Final we will have to deal with if and when....

Anyone else feel that if we manage to get over this Hurdle, we then have an even harder one in the final.. It is my natural pessimism kicking in, but am hoping for an early goal and then hold them off, can see their scummy fans getting right on their backs if we do.

Get through this and we win the cup i think.

Here's the thing...

If we manage to get to the final then by my reckoning this season has brought the two best domestic cup results that Poch has overseen in four years with us (beating Woolwich away and overcoming Chelsea in a two-leg semi final).

A final against Man City (for whoever plays them) is what it is. City will be the favourites but in a single game of football anything can happen (ask Wigan... twice!).

Regardless, I take it as a positive that Poch is genuinely taking cups more seriously than he was before and I expect that to continue against Palace at the weekend.

FUUUUUUUCK that's what we felt before the United game.

tenor.gif

Then again, it's also how I felt before ending their 13 match winning streak.
:pochsmirk:

I actually didn’t , I think I posted something like United will be a different animal with Jose gone

That said we should ha e bloody won that one

Back
Top Bottom