Chelsea this Thursday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair result, they bossed the second half, we didn't put enough pressure on the ball and let them dictate the game too much.

Shows how far we've come in the past few years though, when drawing with Chelsea gives me the hump. A few years back we'd have been well happy with that, now it's just left me pissed off

Fair result yes. Considering we played with what amounted to 10 players on the pitch. VdV and Pavlyuchenko did sweet fa, Bale was quiet too. Still 3rd at xmas and game still in hand. Merry Xmas everyone.

Smolik said:
Shows how far we've come in the past few years though, when drawing with Chelsea gives me the hump. A few years back we'd have been well happy with that, now it's just left me pissed off

Love this.

Frustrating considering how well we started. I think we were probably lucky with a draw in the end.

Their goal was awful from our perspective.

I fucking love Sandro.

We started like a house on fire but after our goal it was basically all Chelsea. Having said that I still feel a little bit disappointed. Both teams created enough to win and Chelsea not managing to beat us on one of our poorer days is a good sign I suppose but it would've been so sweet had Adebayor buried his chance.

One thing is a must, Modric has to play in the middle. With him out wide and two DM's in the middle our only creative force came from Bale and once he tired we lacked any sort of creativity.

First 10 mins was amazing, as good as we've been from a pressing point of view. Then Chelsea woke up after the first goal, but it was as if we shot our bolt and knackered ourselves our in that opening period.

Happy with the result given the performance.

And, hate to say this but the racist handled the game well.

Would like to know the logic behind the HT changes, was rafa injured? Didn't work at all if it was tactical, mainly due to Pav being the Russian Emile Heskey.

All the Chelsea players went over to their fans and starting taking their shirts off and chucking them in the crowd like they had won the match.

As much as we are all a little disappointed, it shows how far we have come in the last few years when Chelsea are celebrating a draw like that

Sibs said:
All the Chelsea players went over to their fans and starting taking their shirts off and chucking them in the crowd like they had won the match.

As much as we are all a little disappointed, it shows how far we have come in the last few years when Chelsea are celebrating a draw like that

cunts

Ben said:
First 10 mins was amazing, as good as we've been from a pressing point of view. Then Chelsea woke up after the first goal, but it was as if we shot our bolt and knackered ourselves our in that opening period.

Happy with the result given the performance.

And, hate to say this but the racist handled the game well.

Would like to know the logic behind the HT changes, was rafa injured? Didn't work at all if it was tactical, mainly due to Pav being the Russian Emile Heskey.

I think it was more to do with VDV not tracking back enough on the right. Oh, and also Harry probably thought we'd do better with two strikers against Terry and the other makeshift centre back (don't know his name) who came from right mid to play there, Pav was shite - you're not allowed to play in the premier league if it takes you 10-15 seconds to recover from a successful challenge, all of which is spent moaning and not tracking back to help out your team defend the counter. We need to get rid while we can still get ~£10m for him imo, but then again, only if there is a replacement available.

Adebayor and Gallas were onside, they hit the post, they hand balled it, we hand balled it. Draw was fair I'd say.

Apparently VdV picked up an injury

Harry -
"It was difficult. We lost Rafa at half time and suddenly we lost the balance of our team.

"We ended up having to stick Luka out wide, making it difficult in the middle of the park. They had an extra man and they will play through you. Three in there will outplay two most of the time.

"Without Aaron it's difficult to find a balance to the team, to find somebody who can play wide right to play that system.

It is also good to see that he acknowledges that we need cover for Lennon - hopefully planning something in January

@mdiver anytime my man. Feeling a bit vacant after that result. Cole handled the ball and Adebayor was onside (again). Yes we could have been called for handball later in the match but it led to nothing. We are better than Chelsea -- simple as that. As others have said, the fact that they are celebrating a draw so wildly speaks volumes. They seem thrilled with a draw. We are somewhat disappointed. That's pretty much it.

Where did you go, Rafa? :vdv:

Back
Top Bottom