Chelsea this Thursday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've got food poisoning and resembling a multi coloured double ended volcano ATM so can't face heart ache tonight. 5 nil at half time and 100% possession for the whole game. Honestly though this is the game after the last couple of weeks we find out how far we've come by raising our game. Have a horrible feeling we get punished for the same mistakes we've made against the lower teams and have been a bit lucky. So hope I'm wrong.

WilsonJet said:
[formation=4-4-1-1 GK=USA D=BAE King Gallas Walker DM= M=Bale Sandro Parker Modric AM=vdV S=Adebayor][/formation]

With both Lennon and Defoe out -- probably this. Harry's not going to change his stripes overnight, and you put your best players on the field in games like these. I suspect Bale will be on the right from time to time. If Ledley wants to play he is going to start. I think he will - and unfortunately I see Kaboul replacing him at the half.

Good shout. That should be enough to win.

COYS

WilsonJet said:
[formation=4-4-1-1 GK=USA D=BAE King Gallas Walker DM= M=Bale Sandro Parker Modric AM=vdV S=Adebayor][/formation]

With both Lennon and Defoe out -- probably this. Harry's not going to change his stripes overnight, and you put your best players on the field in games like these. I suspect Bale will be on the right from time to time. If Ledley wants to play he is going to start. I think he will - and unfortunately I see Kaboul replacing him at the half.

Would certainly take that. If Modric/Bale play wide, suspect Rednapp may stick Bale on the right.

How about

[formation=4-3-3 GK=Friedel D=Assou-Ekotto King Kaboul Walker DM= M=Modric Parker Sandro AM= S=Bale Adebayor vdV][/formation]

Leroy Mamrtin said:
Ticket acquired. Fucking boom.

Get In! Fucking TFC FTW.

@Windy completely agree with your thinking (perhaps more of a 4-2-3-1 with Bale and Rafa pushing up) although Harry rarely begins the match with a 4-3-3.

Modric on the right wing doesn't seem to convince. He's a weapon of mass destruction in the middle, still handy on the left, but seems wasted on the right.

Totally onboard with that too. A 4-2-3-1 with Modric in the middle would be my preference. I was just guessing what lineup we'd see based on what Harry has done in the past.

In any case, even with JD and Lennon out we've got more than enough to handle Chelsea - IF van der Vaart rises to the occassion like he normally does in the big games and sticks to the plan. I can't wait to see the destroyer that is Sandro Ranieri do some damage. In a way, Azza's injury has created the need to play the Sandro / Parker pairing in a huge game right from the get which we've all been waiting to see. Should make for very entertaining stuff.

@mdiver I've been pacing the floor for the last four hours tidying things that don't need straightening. Ready to crack one open!

Back
Top Bottom