Chelsea scum away. Battle of the bridge 2: revenge of the yids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First off all you are is negative. Secondly I think you overestimate all those teams. Everton have been shit since the first couple of games. Southampton aren't any better. Watford and Bournemouth aren't going to be up there either. We played really well till they scored their second. That's without 3 of some of our best players. With Toby and Rose back that will immediately make us better. Plus our run till the end of the season looks really good. If we can't get almost maximum points from those then we will have a problem. We just went through probably our toughest run of games this season. We don't really have a tougher run of games the rest of the season. We will be fine.

Did you mean year instead of season? :pochsmirk:

You talk about resting of players and changing the back 4? Genuine question did you know rose was banned today for all his yellow cards and did you know Toby is injured?

Also you mention the same starting 11 playing constantly.... please have a guess how many minutes our so called best considered starting 11 have played together this season....
I completely agree. I think a lot of the poor performances this season can be attributed to injury. Kane, Toby, Lamela, Davies, Dele, and Dembele have all missed time. Rose was also missing. It sucks but it is what it is.

I don't really care what anyone thinks of my post, but here we go:
1. Last season was and probably will be our best chance of winning the league in my lifetime. We lost the league due to a poor January transfer window and a lack of bottle.
2..What's with all the "when have we become so self-entitled" crap, we very nearly won the league last season, we should have qualified out of our champions league group, and we shouldnt be happy with losing for the 26th straight year at this west London scum. Stop banging on that we played well in the first half, when did football last 45 minutes?
3. We have a couple of injuries and our season starts to unravel, we were very lucky with injuries last season. Injuries or how you manage them are just as important as tactics, the summer transfer window has been very under welming. Our squad has not been greatly improved from last season, despite our obvious weaknesses. Look at our bench tonight compared to the west London scum, enough said on that one.
4. At best we have stood still from last season, at worst we have gone backwards, both Levy and Poch must take blame for this.

So still being 5th is a unravel, plus wouldn't call Kane and Toby to be just any old injuries..... plus It's not even December yet.... since when did a season end in November! Still a long way to go, and I'm never happy with loosing, I fucking hate it, but I, happy with how we played in the first half, it is possible to take positives from this and still be unhappy! There was a lot on here before the game predicting we were going to loose about 6nil.......

I list 12 things i'm unhappy with.

People give a reply to 1-2.

What about the other 10-11? Are you too lazy or do you just have no response?
No - you monumental egotist.
It's because you are a boring one track bell end who depresses and simultaneously cunts every one off on here whenever you post.
You say you are a Spurs fan, but you're not. You and the rest of the whining, carping brigade seem to think you have the god given right to see world class performances every game. well take it from me - you don't! You have to put up with watching human beings who have human issues to deal with, like fear, uncertainty and doubt - played out at high speed in front of the world's televisions. yet you - and the rest of you self righteous, self opinionated, self entitled know - all bone heads, seem to think that they owe you world beating flawless performances game in and game out.
What he fuck have you achieved in this sport that makes you believe that?
Not only that - but you also now attempt to denigrate the people you are pissing off with your arrogance by telling us all that we are failed supporters and that you are truly the footballing Messiah's .
You unspeakably arrogant fucking boring collection of cock knocking sausage jockeys.
I'm embarrassed that you claim to support the team that I do. Footballing support is unconditional love and allegiance.
If you applied your "brand" of support to child care you would drown your children the first time they farted or failed to walk or talk.
You are idiots and really should just go, and leave the rest of us to just carrying supporting through thick and thin.

I completely agree. I think a lot of the poor performances this season can be attributed to injury. Kane, Toby, Lamela, Davies, Dele, and Dembele have all missed time. Rose was also missing. It sucks but it is what it is.

I think a lot under estimate how much dier provided in his role for us last season, and with Toby being out not only have we lost him but we have also lost dier in midfield...

First 13 games last season-W D L GD
6 6 1 13. Pos 5

First 13 games this season-W D L GD
6 6 1. 9. Pos 5
Now we have injuries not playing well plus in theory harder European games this season and not worse off! Ok we haven't improved going by the league as above but for feck sake under the circumstances we are doing fine! If players return lamela,Toby etc plus Janssen comes good we will get back on track,again as I've said the league will get sorted in time but would like the possibility of maybe Europa league and F.A cup being taken seriously

I don't recall us winning with those same players last year either...
Alli was suspended.
Last year, We lost our shit after cruising the game for 60-70 minutes & got sucked into their spoiling game. You said that last year we were a good team because the tactics and the team were more than the sum of their parts? We couldn't field the same "good" team (plus Dele) due to injury & a suspension. The only thing that disappoints me about today is that the chavs didn't deserve to go in on level terms & that goal gave them a momentum going into the second half that we couldn't match. We looked tired. And a bit deflated.

Just forget this game, no point even worrying about it, Chavs away , 26 years without a win and I've been around for every single fucking one of them, just one of those things , we don't win there.

No shock horror for me, not even disappointment , I'm used to it and expect it.

I list 12 things i'm unhappy with.

People give a reply to 1-2.

What about the other 10-11? Are you too lazy or do you just have no response?
Because - and no disrespect - after (yet another) year goes by without a win at the Nazi HQ I genuinely think people just want to vent spleen and sound off about their dissatisfaction in as concise and direct a way as possible.

Not list from 1-12 (in order of preference) what they think of YOUR musings... then have YOU demanding them to respond, but only if it is in a way deemed appropriate to you!
What response did you THINK you were gonna get?

Last edited:
First 13 games last season-W D L GD
6 6 1 13. Pos 5

First 13 games this season-W D L GD
6 6 1. 9. Pos 5
Now we have injuries not playing well plus in theory harder European games this season and not worse off! Ok we haven't improved going by the league as above but for feck sake under the circumstances we are doing fine! If players return lamela,Toby etc plus Janssen comes good we will get back on track,again as I've said the league will get sorted in time but would like the possibility of maybe Europa league and F.A cup being taken seriously

Great post. Do you think we have a shot at the PL, as we did last season? If so then I'd rather we didn't take the Europa League seriously.

Two Moose giveaways in the MF. Two Chelsea goals. Shocking really to see from such a consistent player to play so poorly. Fuck

Last edited:
Just forget this game, no point even worrying about it, Chavs away , 26 years without a win and I've been around for every single fucking one of them, just one of those things , we don't win there.

No shock horror for me, not even disappointment , I'm used to it and expect it.
I totally can relate to your points. I have had the same experience. But when you stand back and think about it it's simply impossible to understand how we have not even fluked one win in 26 years. Not one criminal offside winner, not one dodgy penalty. Not one bounce off your arse and roll in on a corner. Well.......in the end you can't hide from it. There remains something mentally wrong with our club. We beat ourselves all too often.

This one hurts boys. Solid showing for sure. Worthy of at least a point for me. Did Winmer forget he was left back on that Moses goal ? Seems like he went into space that JV was already covering. Fuck me. Hate Chelsea. With a passion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom