Chelsea scum away. Battle of the bridge 2: revenge of the yids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aw fuck this... Chelsea have fucked us over AGAIN at their place... and so it goes on... it's nothing new... we're used to the feeling... doesn't stop it being as pissy a feeling as it ever is.

Last season is SUCH a distant memory now...

I think the constant resting of key players has been awful.

I think the playing around with formations constantly has been awful.

I think picking a different back line and players has been awful.

I think his substitutions have been poor, Winks and Janssen were pointless subs.

I think his in-game management has largely consisted of him sitting on his bench looking upset, which isn't good enough.

I think his post and pre match interviews have been poor, passionless and not what fans want to hear. He's largely been content, despite such a drastic dip in form.

I think his prioritisation of games/leagues/cups is awful, highlighted by last year going out of the FA cup, Europa League and then losing many games in the League in a short period.

I think not giving GK more game time has been awful.

I think the complete departure from last years formation and tactics have been awful, even when players have been fit to play largely the same 11.

I think the lack of pressing has been awful. When we do press (City and today first half) we don't look too bad. Then for some reason we simply stop doing it and look average. For Pedros goal we simply switched off and no one closed him down. Same for Moses.

I think selling Chadli was beyond awful and I think the transfers have made us weaker, not stronger.

We were a good team last year, not because we had good players, but because the tactics and team were more than the sum of their parts. This year we look like less than the parts themselves, never mind the sum.

You talk about resting of players and changing the back 4? Genuine question did you know rose was banned today for all his yellow cards and did you know Toby is injured?

Also you mention the same starting 11 playing constantly.... please have a guess how many minutes our so called best considered starting 11 have played together this season....

The most irritating thing ( and there are a lot of iratants with Chelsea ) is that after the battle of the bridge in May we should have been absolutely determined not to lose. That's not what was evident in the second half. We were so collectively passive that it was like a puny kid standing up to a bully.

This fella needs a closer look at himself and what is going on :pochfacepalm: and someone at board level needs to Encourage this chap to focus on land economics as backing managers and squad building are not his thing :levystare:

I am not able to agree with the untouchable Poch that we were the better team Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham: Spurs were the better team - Mauricio Pochettino
We were not. As much as I hate to admit that.

Last edited:
A point behind Woolwich and ahead of man u! you'd think we're in a relegation zone battle reading the comments on here.

Im starting to think maybe it's me!? Maybe I'm the mad crazy one on this forum as although I'm fucking fuming we lost against the fucking racist chavs I can take a lot of positives from the season thus far..... maybe I need to take my medication though .... has the last 30 years of my life as a spurs fan all been a lie.....
Was the sherwood and the AVB era all just a bad dream.....

I know, right? Fucking disgraceful Toby and Danny were missing today.

There's been times when Toby and Rose were fit and we still messed about with new formations and players.

Using CCV and Wimmer in a league cup match was pointless when they're likely to barely ever play together. You want to form partnerships or better understanding. Where is the foresight in simply throwing these 2 together for 1 game then never again?

He could have used Dier-Wimmer as a CB partnership for that game, let them develop understanding then use Jan as a LB today. This would have made us miles better.

instead his puts a CB at LB and the Cb plays like....a CB.

We looked like we had a back 3 today, which clearly wasn't the plan. This is down to a lack of foresight and the fact that Poch thinks Dier and Wimmer can't play together, despite being at the club for a year together. Shows a real lack of mutual understanding and trust.

And when they weren't fit we fucked about with 3 at the back, 4 at the back, then 5 at the back and tried basically everything there was to try. There was no consistency.

A point behind Woolwich and ahead of man u! you'd think we're in a relegation zone battle reading the comments on here.

Based on the last 30 results at Stamford Bridge... we WOULD BE!
26... 27 years of pain there...
I think THAT'S what today's ire has mainly been about.

Pedro scored a superb goal. Thats football
Spot on Sammy. We were bossing the game & they hadn't threatened. Pedro pulls out a worldie to send them in at half time undeservedly level. We struggled to regain the first half momentum & they upped their game. We have key players out with injury, Rose was suspended & we played a game midweek. It's been a horrible 5 days in terms of results but for 45 minutes today I thought we were excellent. Second half we looked like a team that had played midweek & laboured. But the corner will be turned as we have some easier looking games & top players to come back in.

I list 12 things i'm unhappy with.

People give a reply to 1-2.

What about the other 10-11? Are you too lazy or do you just have no response?

I list 12 things i'm unhappy with.

People give a reply to 1-2.

What about the other 10-11? Are you too lazy or do you just have no response?

Not gonna lie I'm just to lazy can't be arsed to give you a reply.... beer o clock time, time to drown me sorrows, gutted we lost, gutted it's against Chelsea, but for the first 45 minutes we looked like a title winning team, add rose and Toby and Lamela back into the mix and things don't seem to bad! Nice run of games coming up, but I will eat my hat if we ain't right up in the mix come New Year's Day....... :pochunimpressed:

The most irritating thing ( and there are a lot of iratants with Chelsea ) is that after the battle of the bridge in May we should have been absolutely determined not to lose. That's not what was evident in the second half. We were so collectively passive that it was like a puny kid standing up to a bully.

This fella needs a closer look at himself and what is going on :pochfacepalm: and someone at board level needs to Encourage this chap to focus on land economics as backing managers and squad building are not his thing :levystare:

I am not able to agree with the untouchable Poch that we were the better team Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham: Spurs were the better team - Mauricio Pochettino
We were not. As much as I hate to admit that.
Best post in the thread

Fuck me theres a lot of moaners on here tonight.

Yes, we lost to Chelsea, but we performed just like we played last year! We still in the race for a lot things the year. Show some optimism.

We're playing without the best defender in the league! We're playing without our best pressing player in Lamela and without a natural LB. Things will come good, believe in the players and Poch.

I'm surprised by how much people underestimate the strength of the teams below us. At one point we were "The best of the rest" and 5th-6th was almost guaranteed, simply because everyone below that was poor.

With the improvement of Everton, Watford and even Bournemouth and Southampton it is quite possible that they will catch up and start to put pressure on us, especially come January when many of these teams invest whilst we don't.

We're quite lucky that Evertons next games are
Southampton
United
Watford
Woolwich

All these results are win-win situations for us, but I wouldn't be surprise to see Everton in and around us come the end of December.

I'm surprised by how much people underestimate the strength of the teams below us. At one point we were "The best of the rest" and 5th-6th was almost guaranteed, simply because everyone below that was poor.

With the improvement of Everton, Watford and even Bournemouth and Southampton it is quite possible that they will catch up and start to put pressure on us, especially come January when many of these teams invest whilst we don't.

Southampton
United
Watford
Woolwich

All these results are win-win situations for us, but I wouldn't be surprise to see Everton in and around us come the end of December.

We have also played every team above us, getting 5 points in the process....

Southampton
United
Watford
Woolwich

First off all you are is negative. Secondly I think you overestimate all those teams. Everton have been shit since the first couple of games. Southampton aren't any better. Watford and Bournemouth aren't going to be up there either. We played really well till they scored their second. That's without 3 of some of our best players. With Toby and Rose back that will immediately make us better. Plus our run till the end of the season looks really good. If we can't get almost maximum points from those then we will have a problem. We just went through probably our toughest run of games this season. We don't really have a tougher run of games the rest of the season. We will be fine.

I don't really care what anyone thinks of my post, but here we go:
1. Last season was and probably will be our best chance of winning the league in my lifetime. We lost the league due to a poor January transfer window and a lack of bottle.
2..What's with all the "when have we become so self-entitled" crap, we very nearly won the league last season, we should have qualified out of our champions league group, and we shouldnt be happy with losing for the 26th straight year at this west London scum. Stop banging on that we played well in the first half, when did football last 45 minutes?
3. We have a couple of injuries and our season starts to unravel, we were very lucky with injuries last season. Injuries or how you manage them are just as important as tactics, the summer transfer window has been very under welming. Our squad has not been greatly improved from last season, despite our obvious weaknesses. Look at our bench tonight compared to the west London scum, enough said on that one.
4. At best we have stood still from last season, at worst we have gone backwards, both Levy and Poch must take blame for this.

Back
Top Bottom