Chelsea scum away. Battle of the bridge 2: revenge of the yids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite certain posters welping that we've been shite all year we sit 4 points off top and unbeaten.

Head say 2-2, heart says 1-2.

Kane to pwn Chelsea as he usually does. Picking up points here would be a nice bonus as we have a lovely run of games in December where we can really put the pressure on.

Win this, we have nothing to lose.

Lets all remember, its only 3 points, one game of a long season. Consistency is key, playing he same 11 each game. Hopefully we will have everyone fit and playing within the next couple of weeks. No CL or internationals we can just get on with the PL business.:coys:

Any one got a spare ticket for this game. I heard they are offering a two for one deal with the CSKA black Friday deal

With injuries and match fitness issues Id really like to see a broader use of the squad as we had gotten used to?

Not sure why Onomah is suddenly out of favour and Nkoudou not being played?
Both would have been useful these last weeks.

If Toby and Lamela are both out for this one Id go with:

....................................................Lloris

Walker................................Wimmer..............Jan..............................Rose

..........................................Dier.................Dembele

................Nkoudou.......................Alli..............................Eriksen

.......................................................Kane

As similar to last season as we can with the exception of a very out of sorts Son

With injuries and match fitness issues Id really like to see a broader use of the squad as we had gotten used to?

Walker................................Wimmer..............Jan..............................Rose

................Nkoudou.......................Alli..............................Eriksen

As similar to last season as we can with the exception of a very out of sorts Son

Rose is suspended

Rose is suspended for this and David is out.

Would probably be more likely to see a 3412 again, something like the below.

Lloris

Dier. Wimmer. Verts

Walker. Waynama Dembele Nkoudou

Eriksen

Kane Son

Blinding!

Well I guess its Dier in a back 4 for me and stick Wanyama or Sissoko next to Dembele....they are quality players so what better time to step up and prove it!
I actually think that Wanyama in the CDM is doing really well and will surely play against Chelsea. At some point I'd like to see Sissoko in CM though. This is where he excels for France and he hasn't exactly set the place on fire on the wing.

I actually think that Wanyama in the CDM is doing really well and will surely play against Chelsea. At some point I'd like to see Sissoko in CM though. This is where he excels for France and he hasn't exactly set the place on fire on the wing.

Does Sissoko ever play central midfield for France?

Like against Woolwich I would take a draw right now. Football is a funny old game though but I do echo some of the sentiments on here; I have a very bad feeling about this game. We have been off par since Citeh. So disjointed for some reason. Kane will score no doubt. Rose is out so Verts will be left back. Hopefully our defence can get back to normal.
In fact our record has been:

October 2016
  • Sat 15 Premier League West Brom The Hawthorns 1-1 (D)
  • Tue 18 UEFA Champions League Bayer 04 Leverkusen BayArena 0-0 (D)
  • Sat 22 Premier League Bournemouth Vitality Stadium 0-0 (D)
  • Tue 25 EFL Cup Liverpool Anfield 2-1 (L)
  • Sat 29 Premier League Leicester White Hart Lane 1-1 (D)
November 2016
  • Wed 02 UEFA Champions League Bayer 04 Leverkusen Wembley Stadium 0-1 (L)
  • Sun 06 Premier League Woolwich Emirates Stadium 1-1 (D)
  • Sat 19 Premier League West Ham White Hart Lane 3-2 (W)
  • Tue 22 UEFA Champions League Monaco Stade Louis II 2-1 (L)
So since 2nd October our record has been: DDDLDLDWL

Like against Woolwich I would take a draw right now. Football is a funny old game though but I do echo some of the sentiments on here; I have a very bad feeling about this game. We have been off par since Citeh. So disjointed for some reason. Kane will score no doubt. Rose is out so Verts will be left back. Hopefully our defence can get back to normal.

October 2016
November 2016

Now that we're out of the CL, one silver lining is that our losses hopefully come in that competition and not the league. We're going to lose eventually but let's hope it isn't this weekend.

October 2016
November 2016
That's fucking dreadful

We've been terribly unlucky with injuries this season at the worst time too. It's not like we've copped injuries to a couple of players in coverable positions, it's been our best players (lloris, kane, toby, lamela, dembele) and for long periods of time. Coupled with the davies and alli injuries and a usually coverable suspension it makes things so hard. I actually think we've done considerably well given the players we've put on the pitch as compared to our best team.

Honestly I'd like to see a back 3

So:
lloris
Dier wimmer verts
Walker dembele winks wanyama kwp
Son
Kane

On the bench:
CCV, Nkoudou, Janssen, sissoko, vorm, Onomah and for a change Edwards

(picked kwp because he's an excellent talent and I want verts in central defence to marshall the other two properly)

Back
Top Bottom