Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The usual midfield argument to be had. I trust we can all agree that Eriksen had an off night, and that Dele was far more effective playing a more defensive role in the second half.

After that for me Sissoko was just about the only forward midfield outlet from the pressure we were under, he did this with his forward movement and his usual combative approach, that said it didn't amount to a whole lot but in his defence when he went forward he only had two players ahead of him, not the usual three or four, against a Chelsea back line with Kante and Jorginho supporting.

Winks did his usual solid job of redistributing the ball with a pass success rate of 90%, his problem came when the opposition had the ball, which they did far more than in most games, Winks made three good tackles from four attempted tackles however Hazard must have run past him on at least half a dozen occasions, now Hazard is a great player who runs past most DM's still that put us under pressure. If Winks wants to play the DM role he needs to be shutting down opposition players far better than he did last night.

It should also be noted that from the 5th of December to the 8th of January Sissoko has played 803 minutes and Winks has also played the same 803 minutes .... that's more than any of the Chelsea players

The big games keep on coming, however at some point we will need to give these guys more rest, if not injury or fatigue are inevitable.

I got annoyed with Winks tonight. He kept recycling it back I nto the defence when Chelsea were in full press and he had options forward that would have taken pressure off. There’s sticking to the plan and then there’s using your brain.
He certainly plays like he doesnt want any blood on his hands. Better pass it Toby or Sanchez because that's so much easier. Then people see his 95% pass completion rate after passing it to the centre backs all night and think he's the next Iniesta.

Grown men with Mum 'jokes', really? Fucking hell.

Tbf I love a good mam joke! They just get funnier to me as I get older! And, as I found out today that my first born will be a boy, I shall be passing the art down to him. Will be a bit weird seen as I do get a biscuit every time I fuck his mam but the weirdness will pass!

:pochlol:

More development right there from us. Showed character and togetherness.

But all those who still think letting Dembele go is a good idea, take your heads out from the underground.
If you think he's going without pochettino's approval, you're a fucking idiot. So I assume you think he's got his head up his arse too?

I'd much rather Foyth and go to a back 3 in all honesty.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Toby
Trippier - Dele - Dier - Eriksen - Rose
Lucas - Kane
Would be pretty smart. They're going to go for it and I think we play well when we aim to counter. I imagine Dier will be back for that game. Lucas' pace will be much needed on the counter without Son.
I actually Dele "up front" with Kane and Skipp where you have Dele would be a better idea.

Dele has enough pace to get behind the Chelsea defence and his movement is much more intelligent, so more likely to make something happen on counter attacks.

I also think we would be better in keeping possession and with Kane and Dele's movement and ability in the air with Trippier and Eriksen's crossing ability from deep, we could really cause them problems without exposing ourselves at the back.

We would be better defensively too and if we needed to go uber defensive for a short while, Dier could drop back into defence, creating a defensive back 4 with full backs giving extra protection out wide, Skipp can drop into the holding mid role and Dele can drop back into midfield.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Toby
Trippier - Skipp - Dier - Eriksen - Rose
Dele - Kane​

haters gonna hate.

Fucking hell there are 100s of tweets like this.

Love it.

It's never a thing until Spurs are involved, then it's unholy, unjust, a poor example to children, etc.

Chris-Tucker-Happy-Dance.gif

Gotta love the social media melt.

The hate on Kane is beautiful. Sarri using "Chelsea forensic 101" to dispute the VAR. An ugly win just turned very satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom