Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We got through the Tranmere match without injury and able to rest some key players. Absolute full strength available for this one please Poch. I'm sure they will have learned a lesson from our last meeting but hoping we can kill this in the first leg. COYS!!

Gazza to start please.

You don't think he's past it?

15tf18.gif

Last edited:
Don't know if it will make much difference but we actually get a days more rest for this one. Forest at home you'd think they can rest a few but not as many as they'd like.

Taking the missus and her lad along to this one.
Hope they don’t fucking jinx it or it will be a miserable journey home.
I’m going with a thumping 3-1 to the lilywhites.
Full strength or as close to as possible please Poch. Let’s get to the bloody final and worry about City then. Trophy in the bag before the end of February would leave a load of moany cunts suicidal with nothing to whine about.
COYS.

Please fucking smash them. I hate fucking Stamford Bridge and it'd be fucking horrible to only take a one goal lead there, even a two goal lead would give us a horrible 90 minutes. 5 days until our next game after this one, so I'd expect us to go strong for this one.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks
Sissoko - Eriksen
Dele
Kane - Son
I'd go with that personally. Aurier and Sissoko had them on lock in the league game so I'd like to see that combination again. Stick Dele on Jorginho again and get at them with Kane and Son's pace.

3-0 would be excellent.

Does anyone know what the away goal rule is in the league cup?

It used to be some weird rule that away goals only counted after extra time, but extra time has now been abolished

If the aggregate score is level at the end of the second leg, it'll go to penalties.

No away goal rule this season.

Just beat them .... 1-0 or 2-1 will do .... we're as good if not better away from Wembley, if Chelsea are chasing the game at their place we will cut them apart, would be a pleasure winning at the bridge

That said I'd take 7-0 ......

This is straight forward.

11 yids to start. Kill the chav cunts so bad they don't even show for the 2nd leg.

COYS. :tobyarm:

----------------------Lloris-----------------------
Aurier-----Toby---------Jan/Dav-----Rose
---------------------Winks-----------------------
----------Sissoko--------Eriksen--------------
----------------------Dele-------------------------
--------------Son----------Kane-----------------

2-0 please.

If Kane gets yellow this match, this means he would miss the United game, doesn’t it?

No .... here are the relevant rules

The new rules mean that how many cards players have to receive before they get a ban changes depending on the tournament. This season yellow cards will only count in the competition they are received. And this has led to the following changes.

In the Premier League:
  • Five yellow cards before December 26 = one-match ban
  • 10 yellow cards before March 30 = two-match ban
  • 15 yellows in the season = three-match ban
In the FA Cup and Carabao Cup:
  • Two yellow cards = one match ban
  • Cards will be wiped at the quarter-finals
  • No player can miss the final through yellow cards
In effect every player could be booked in both the home and away semis and still not miss any games .....

Back
Top Bottom