Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Updated(yet again) line-up for second leg.
Alli's missing by the looks of it.
I'd now keep Hugo and the same defensive 5 as today.
Moura's hopefully fit for the bench.

--------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------
----------Alderweireld----------Sanchez--------------Vertonghen----------
-----Trippier-------------------------------------------------------------Rose-----
---------------------------Dier------------------Winks------------------------------
-----------------Eriksen---------------------------------Lamela------------------
-------------------------------------Llorente----------------------------------------

Morata out on loan or sold, Higuain in on loan for our game. You can see this playing out now. At least Roman goes for glory whereas If we don’t look to address our squad shortcomings at this crucial time it will be such a disappointment. If results don’t go our way the next month and the stadium issues drag then fan goodwill that has been high due to the teams form may turn on ENIC.

I’m not sure that’s allowed. He wasn’t part of their squad for the first leg. I think that’s how it works, right?

I’m not sure that’s allowed. He wasn’t part of their squad for the first leg. I think that’s how it works, right?
I have been wondering the same. Did some searching and found this.

Can Gonzalo Higuain make his debut against Spurs next week? What are Carabao Cup rules?

"The EFL states that players registered and eligible to compete in league matches may compete in the Carabao Cup as long as they are registered by midday the day before the game."

I also checked the Carabao cup regulations page and there is no mention of not being registered for the first leg means you miss the 2nd.

If he does play is it worth noting what Merson said on him?

“I'm not sure on him," Merson said. "He was a great player but looks below his best of late.

“He hasn't pulled up trees for a while and now he's coming to the hardest league in the world.

"He won't have any time to adapt either as he needs to hit the ground running as Chelsea need someone to play as their focal point.”

giphy.gif

----------------Gazzaniga, Lloris, Vorm-------------------
Alderweireld----------Sanchez--------------Vertonghen
-------------No 17 Bus------------No 243 Bus-------------
-------------Aurier---Dier---Winks---Rose-----------------
-----------------------Llorente's mum------------------------

Job done. Wembley here we come! Oh wait...

Back
Top Bottom