Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

h5Bl5WK.jpg

Just changing the subject slightly if the roles had been reversed does anyone think that Poch would have shown up for post match interview with his lap top to allegedly show how hard done by he was ? Sarri looked like a complete dick head doing that . But then again he is Chelsea coach and they are generally dick heads anyway.

I love that they feel hard done by on the offside. I think it was onside, I don't trust Chelsea's camera that isn't pitch side which they showed suggesting the offside camera got it wrong. But that just makes it sweeter for me, that they are sore about it. Fuck the cunts.

Last edited:
Just home. As always when playing Chelsea, a nervy experience that is only properly enjoyable with hindsight once the result is sealed. A couple of thoughts:

Our backline was about as relaxed as I've ever seen them. Even on the occasions Chelsea broke into the box, our movement was very considered, almost to the point where it appeared slow. You'd wonder why we were moving so sluggishly while under threat and then suddenly the tackle was made. We are very, VERY drilled defensively.

The crowd were getting frustrated with so much of our passing going sideways and backwards, as well as Rose and Trippier seemingly being ignored when in acres of space. This happened so much that it was clearly a deliberate tactic, I suspect intending to draw Chelsea on and bring their back line higher up to hit them on the break. Our front three were very blatantly quicker than their defence. Chelsea didn't actually bite often, which lead to frustration from the crowd. The standard cries for them to get it forward etc, but I think there was a lot more going on strategically than was obvious to us.

The VAR moment was a funny one. I actually agree with Sarri in that the linesman stopping probably affected the Chelsea players, but his flag didn't go up until the referee had signalled for a foul/VAR/whatever. A weird situation and one that - as ever with VAR when I've seen it - nobody seemed to have any idea what was going on in.

I'm generally among the last to think that a referee is showing actual bias rather than incompetence, but Michael Oliver was dreadful tonight. Up there with the worst performances I've seen from a referee. Not just against us - he so obviously tried to compensate after having made a dodgy decision that both sides benefitted from AND lost out on decisions that everybody in the bloody ground knew were incorrect.

Lamela was as unlucky as it gets. Neither of his fouls were fouls. Reputation preceding him maybe, who knows.

Finally - and predictably - let's get back to N17. The atmosphere wasn't bad tonight; at WHL it would have been immense.

Still, a win. Keep forgetting there's another leg to be played. We'll smash them at the Bridge. COYS.

Slender win. Lets be honest we were piss poor and if Chelscum had a decent striker we could have been in trouble.

I'll take the 1-0. A win over them cunts is always satisfying but I did not enjoy that performance at all. Got a bloody headache.

Back
Top Bottom