Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. Let's not pull any punches and name the 7 or 8?
Honestly, I would strongly consider offers for all of Trippier, Aurier, Davies, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, and Lamela. There's a big love in from a lot of fans for a lot of them but the reality is they've all had numerous chances over the past 4 years and when push comes to shove they are simply not good enough. Then of course there's the ones who unquestionably have to go like Vorm, Janssen, Nkoudou and Llorente, and the seemingly inevitable departures of Toby and Eriksen.
The importance of this Summer really cannot be overstated. If ENIC really have serious aspirations of this team being successful and getting silverware, which it is so close to doing that it's almost unbearable, then they need to cut the bullshit and do what is necessary to build a better squad for arguably our best or certainly most talented manager/coach in history.
It's now or never.

No team with a CM of Winks & Sissoko, and RB options of Aurier or Trippier can SERIOUSLY challenge for the title...
They have Plan B written all over them!

...and yet they've been our mainstay pretty much all season...

This isn't a Levy rant... or a Poch rant.. it's just an observation of the state of affairs.

We're good... just not good enough.
Funny you say that, because Sissoko, Winks and Son have been our best players these last 2 months, while flamboyant "superstars" like Eriksen, Trippier (who is a starter for the English National Team) and Lucas have been absolute garbage.
Edit: I've hated Sissoko probably more than anyone else on this forum, but he has proven that he deserves a place in our squad and I can't remember the last game that he didn't pull 110% , played shit and/or cost us the game. Same feelings go for Llorente.

I think teams are starting to have this team found out. There re glaring weaknesses that managers will easily pick up on. Trippier's poor positioning and lack of awareness who is round about him. Toby's inability to deal with a fast player willing to cut inside him. Dav's lack of concentration and our captain's inability to make his mind up and his kicking that simply brings pressure onto us.

Squad needs some serious freshening up. It's all too comfortable and lethargic. Under poch we use to be like a dog after a bone. Constant change in personnel and system is baffling. If Dortmund score early it will be interesting. Serious lack of leaders that dig others out. Lloris is in huge decline

Before today I thought he had recovered his best form. Against Dortmund he was immense. But those diving saves he always gets to. He just can't hold his line. Don't even get me started on his decision making when he comes rushing out of his goal. Gazza needs to get more game time now. Hugo should have lost the captaincy after his drink driving charge. He has been poor since lifting the world cup.

Seeing Nazis happy always makes me sad...
Seeing Black and ethnic Chelsea (and therefore Nazi) fans celebrating and gurning for their tv close-ups makes me pity their scruples and morales... DON'T YOU KNOW YOUR FELLOW NAZI SCUM CUNT FANS FUCKING HATE YOU ABOUT AS MUCH AS THE JEWS, YOU COCKADOODY GLORY HUNTING PRICKS?

But I guess that's just my take on it... fuck 'em, and who they wanna lend their support to!!

I don’t understand how Chelsea looked like they have more passion and heart than us, this Chelsea team that are apparently all over the place behind the scenes can show more ambition and drive than our team, who apparently have some of the best chemistry in the league.

Makes no sense.

And that is the truly worrying thing...... We've not had a hectic schedule...... Chelsea played 120 mins plus penalties and had the disappointment of losing a final......

And yet we were the ones who looked sluggish and not up for it.... We were second to most balls and it didn't look like anyone was breaking their back to grab the game and try and win it.

If you can't get up for the second biggest London Derby then something is wrong.

The main worry now is where do we go from here? It's been fun dreaming because we all thought these players had the potential to win things... But they've proven time and time again that they're just not good enough to take that final step.

So what now - a little bit of excitement faded tonight with the realisation that maybe, just maybe... Our players aren't as good as we think they are.

Now with a different mentality you could argue the boys have a point to prove on Saturday.... But it seems a long way off at this point in time.

So many disappointing performances last 2 games. It’s amazing how poor they’ve been since a huge win against Dortmund. Hope they get their shit together for the NLD or it’ll be a struggle getting top 4

That was extremely painful.

Worst part is that, regrettably, I reckon I'm done with this forum... for a while at least.

I've seen an influx of new posters, the most positive thing of which i can say is that I'm glad they are frothing their drivel on their keyboards rather than at the games, because they would turn the atmosphere toxic.

7 years I've been posting here for and in that time, give or take, this is overall the best team we've had. But currently this is the worst and most negative the forum has been.

There is no mutual love anymore just bile, egotism and relentless negativity.

RIP TFC

Trust me mate, this is the best spurs forum about and I am not saying that to kiss the arse of the owners either, it’s just that this is the only forum that values freedom of speech and where you can literally disagree with someone and move on and not be dogpiled etc.

Compared to spurscommunity for example with their power hungry mods and censorship and circle jerking amongst certain posters this place seems like a sanctuary of freedom.

It might be shit sometimes (had some cunt tell me to go and play in traffic earlier because he disliked my opinion) but that’s a small price to pay for the freedom to speak your mind at the end of the day.

It’s all passion mate, positive or negative we all love spurs or we wouldn’t even be here, just ignore what you dislike and move forwards, that’s what I do.

COYS.

What is most frustrating about tonight is that Chelsea were fucking abject too. They were there for the taking and we did nothing. How anyone is defending kane's performance tonight is beyond me. Sissoko and winks were ok but they cant unlock a defence. Eriksen shocking again. Just drop the cunt, and give an ultimatum to sign his deal or hes out, and give lamela and moura a chance vs Woolwich and Dortmund. Big vic in for sissoko. Kwp at rb. Rose lb. Gazza in as well. Something needs shaking up and fast.

If we don't beat Woolwich it's going to be a fucking depressing weekend. Surely we cant lose 3 on the spin.

3rd with 10 games to go, 3-0 up in the first leg of a Champions League knock out round. On balance I am pretty happy with the team.
There are places where we could upgrade for sure, but overall I love this group of players.
I have had a lot of pleasure out of watching them.
There have been disappointing games, second half v Woolwich comes to mind, and the second half tonight, but I have seen a lot of great football and a lot of heart with last minute winners.

Fair points but from the high of Dortmund to the low of today and the last 2 performances, perspective and balance are not easy.

You should instinctively know where the goal and the keeper is (if you don't you're not paying enough attention). You also know what the keeper's preferred foot is (left for Lloris).

The only defence for Trippier is that it's in the heat of the moment and he panicked. Lloris should also have been screaming at him and clearing the ball (and clearing out Trippier if need be). That's when all the drilling kicks in and it should be done instinctively. "Never pass back in the direction of your own goal. If in doubt, put it into the stands"

No idea why Trippier and Lloris behaved as they did. Panic?

When I talk about knowing where the keeper is, I mean is on his goal line or is he coming out.

Lloris clearly wasn’t vocal enough and should take some blame but for me trippier just got it all wrong.

I think teams are starting to have this team found out. There re glaring weaknesses that managers will easily pick up on. Trippier's poor positioning and lack of awareness who is round about him. Toby's inability to deal with a fast player willing to cut inside him. Dav's lack of concentration and our captain's inability to make his mind up and his kicking that simply brings pressure onto us.

You're not wrong.

- Full backs are easy to get behind.
- Sit back whilst we have possession in midfield and we won't cut you open.
- No pace on the wings, because we play without wingers and our wing backs aren't good enough.
- Winks is a one man midfield so flood this area with two or three men.

Ways to beat Tottenham. Sometimes it won't work because sometimes our defence will show up, Lloris will make a great save and our attack will perform which means we score and opponents are then opening up a bit more but in games like today and Burnley at the weekend it can halt us.

It's almost as if Poch is giving up space in midfield to INVITE teams on to us so we can win it back and attack with the likes of Son, Kane ,Eriksen but when Eriksen is off form, it's not working. It worked better when we had Dele in there.

The irony of being called the Harry Kane team.... 4 games without him 4 Wins.... 2 games with him 2 losses......
He looked as clumsy as Lorente, he doesn't deserve his place in my opinion. Poch should have shown some loyalty to the players who have done well in his absence. Not good for team spirit putting Kane straight back in and has disrupted the rhythm of the play. He looks like he is a prima Donna.

Honestly, I would strongly consider offers for all of Trippier, Aurier, Davies, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, and Lamela. There's a big love in from a lot of fans for a lot of them but the reality is they've all had numerous chances over the past 4 years and when push comes to shove they are simply not good enough. Then of course there's the ones who unquestionably have to go like Vorm, Janssen, Nkoudou and Llorente, and the seemingly inevitable departures of Toby and Eriksen.
The importance of this Summer really cannot be overstated. If ENIC really have serious aspirations of this team being successful and getting silverware, which it is so close to doing that it's almost unbearable, then they need to cut the bullshit and do what is necessary to build a better squad for arguably our best or certainly most talented manager/coach in history.
It's now or never.

I agree with pretty much all of those mentioned, but clearing out 14 members of your squad in one window would almost certainly write off next season and possibly the season after while squad coherence and understanding is built up, not to mention learning the newcomers' names!

Shows why last summer was such a waste, no signings, no competition etc etc.

Lloris, Eriksen, Lamela. Each have run their course with us. First two have been great servants. Third one a fraud. I can’t even be arsed to talk about Trippier. Poch has to shoulder the blame too. It’s not a coincidence we don’t turn up when the pressure is on.

When I talk about knowing where the keeper is, I mean is on his goal line or is he coming out.

Lloris clearly wasn’t vocal enough and should take some blame but for me trippier just got it all wrong.

He got it wrong because one thing a defender playing a back pass to a keeper should never hit it on target with the goal.

But the second Hugo doubted whether he should come out or not, he should have dropped back for the passback. Not Forest Gumped it forlornly.

3rd with 10 games to go, 3-0 up in the first leg of a Champions League knock out round. On balance I am pretty happy with the team.
There are places where we could upgrade for sure, but overall I love this group of players.
I have had a lot of pleasure out of watching them.
There have been disappointing games, second half v Woolwich comes to mind, and the second half tonight, but I have seen a lot of great football and a lot of heart with last minute winners.
Ok. If that's enough for you then good luck to you. But I'm not as young as I'm guessing you are, and we used to be somebody's with ambition then the premier league made it cool just to pretend to be a big club. But not act like one like when we helped create thd premier league and then bottled it and let everyone else overtake us.. I don't think showing some ambition is too much to ask. People accept mediocrity like we are bloody west spam or something..

Back
Top Bottom