Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This surprises me.

So instead of giving Poch a ban, they've got rid of Dean instead.

Must have said something serious.
He's been pulled because of the possible charges facing Poch.

"If Pochettino is charged, Dean would have been ineligible to officiate Tottenham’s next match due to FA stipulations."

Dean stripped of his position as 4th ref for this game.
It's only 'cos they realised the implications of having Mike Dean standing in such close proproximity to Poch for 90 minutes... so soon after whatever was said!!
Talking of which, what WAS said? :pochshock::pochshock2::pochunimpressed::pochohshit::pochlol:

It's only 'cos they realised the implications of having Mike Dean standing in such close proproximity to Poch for 90 minutes... so soon after whatever was said!!
Talking of which, what WAS said? :pochshock::pochshock2::pochunimpressed::pochohshit::pochlol:
According to Reddit (so take it with a little salt). Dean or one of his linesmen said something along the lines of "Another season without a trophy/Out of the title race already?"

Now i know we are biased, but that's not something an official should be saying is it?
Also kills this myth that Dean is a Spurs fan as well really.
Again, the source here is Reddit so I am just working with second/third hand info here.

But if that is even remotely true than Dean should not be allowed to ref a Spurs game again ever really. Or any top flight game to be fair.

Again, the source here is Reddit so I am just working with second/third hand info here.

But if that is even remotely true than Dean should not be allowed to ref a Spurs game again ever really. Or any top flight game to be fair.

If that's the case, Spurs will be talking to the FA, an investigation will be opened, and if Dean said it then I dare say he'll never ref in the league again.

Mike Dean has been removed from the 4th officials spot for the Chavs game.

IF Poch gets a fine from The FA, then they have to act against Dean too. He clearly said something.

If you watch Poch, he kept his hands behind his back at all times. JP is the one at risk of getting charged more than Poch, but will be interesting to see if Poch or JP do get charged - when does that have to be announced?

Also, do they record the ref mics to potentially protect refs/use against players managers if charges are raised? Because if they do, and he said something inflammatory, that would already be reviewed by the FA

Otherwise it is an effort to maybe pour oil on troubled waters

If you watch Poch, he kept his hands behind his back at all times. JP is the one at risk of getting charged more than Poch, but will be interesting to see if Poch or JP do get charged - when does that have to be announced?

Also, do they record the ref mics to potentially protect refs/use against players managers if charges are raised? Because if they do, and he said something inflammatory, that would already be reviewed by the FA

Otherwise it is an effort to maybe pour oil on troubled waters

All refs are mic'd up - so you'd hope so.

In all honesty, Poch has said loads of times that Jesus Perez is the man who does all the work, barking out instructions etc. so even if Poch WAS banned for a game or two, I'd have no problems with it and dont think it'd hinder us as Poch would have his most trusted man there anyway.

In all honesty, Poch has said loads of times that Jesus Perez is the man who does all the work, barking out instructions etc. so even if Poch WAS banned for a game or two, I'd have no problems with it and dont think it'd hinder us as Poch would have his most trusted man there anyway.
A reddit user who went to the Dortmund game and sat right behind our dugout wrote a thread on that. He ended it with something like "If Poch was hit by a bus tomorrow I am confident Jesus would take over without a hitch".

A reddit user who went to the Dortmund game and sat right behind our dugout wrote a thread on that. He ended it with something like "If Poch was hit by a bus tomorrow I am confident Jesus would take over without a hitch".

Yeah - I posted it!

I've still never understood why ref mics aren't audible on TV as they are for rugby and (field) hockey - if the excuse is player language then players get trained to not swear at or near to refs (again, pretty much every other major sport can do this and language toward the ref is rightly punished with bookings)

Back
Top Bottom