Cheerio di Matteo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be gutted if Harry goes there. I think he could work wonders with some of those attacking players.

Not surprised that RDM has gone. We all know he was a puppet, and we all know who put the CL winning team together.

Terry/Lampard/Cole as an emergency player manager trio? Pleeeeeeze

I doubt it, if that was the case then they wouldn't have got Hazard (for example).
Exactly, Football is a short career, earning a tonne to be at a fairly succesful club is not a bad idea tbf. As much as we all hate the fuckers Chelsea are in no risk of becoming a mid table club. And will always be there or there abouts when the trophies are handed out.

Bastards
That is going to change soon, if and only if, FIFA/uefa stick to their guns about financial fair play. Chelsea will not be able to afford to pay the wages they are paying at the moment, that includes the players that they have on their books now. They probably wouldn't be able to set the benchmark as far as pricing out all the other teams when it comes to actually paying a fee aswell.
The good thing about our transfer and wage structure is that it has been pretty much self sufficient since Sugar took over and ENIC took over from him. The fair play rules will benefit clubs like Spurs who hav'nt got a billionaire owner who doesn't mind splashing it around, yes Joe is a billionaire, put Spurs isn't a bottomless pit too him. Chelsea,Man U, City, Real Madrid, Barca etc are not far from finding out that you can't run a succesfull club on Credit, which is exactly what they are doing, I just hope that when they all start to moan about going out of business, Fifa stand their ground.
The way Chelsea run themselves is unsustainable, and soon your Hazards, Cahill s, Oscars and alike will realise this, there is no point having a very lucrative contract with a club that is unable to fulfil it, ask ex Rangers, Portsmouth players.

I'll be gutted if Harry goes there. I think he could work wonders with some of those attacking players.

He would certainly be able to get the best out of some of them. Though you only need to look at how he handled Defoe, Gio, and others and see that he is not always succesfull in getting the best out of everyone.
Fat Frank would be back in the side for sure though.

Not surprised that RDM has gone. We all know he was a puppet, and we all know who put the CL winning team together.

To be fair winning the Champions League was just dumb luck, catching Barca on a bad day, and scraping a win against the far superior Bayern team. It was in my opinion the equivalent of when Wimbledon won the FA cup.

Terry/Lampard/Cole as an emergency player manager trio? Pleeeeeeze

Oh god this would be hilarious.

Caretaker role you say? :harryhmm:

Worryingly this doesn't seem so unlikely to me. Wasn't there rumours of Chav$ki sniffing around him previously.
Probably perpetuated by the Mr Redknapp media circus, but rumours nevertheless.

The annoying Spurs pessimist in me can see this happening, Harry coming back to haunt whilst having a traffic rest of the season at the Chavs.
Going to shut up now…positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!!

Yes they were lucky last season winning the CL, but RdM had Chelsea playing some cracking football early this season. OK they had a run of a few poor results but it is shocking they sacked him.

Still.. fucking funny though.

You're getting sacked in the morning!
Sacked in the morning!
You're getting sacked in the morning!
:avblol:

Past tense now but who cares

John-Terry.gif

Off topic a bit, not sure where to put it but a colleague of mine sat next to Redknapp at a function the other day and he was asked by someone else about going to QPR, they are all horse racing folks and his reply was 'I'd lay that all day long'

Then someone else said what about Chelsea (before Di Matteo got canned) and he joking said, well, I cant go to a team with no players over 5"6 can I!?' - not really sure what to make of that comment but apparently he was really good company (you would expect that)

Off topic a bit, not sure where to put it but a colleague of mine sat next to Redknapp at a function the other day and he was asked by someone else about going to QPR, they are all horse racing folks and his reply was 'I'd lay that all day long'

Then someone else said what about Chelsea (before Di Matteo got canned) and he joking said, well, I cant go to a team with no players over 5"6 can I!?' - not really sure what to make of that comment but apparently he was really good company (you would expect that)

I can imagine Harry being a good laugh to be around. Sure he has some good stories etc. And I think he would take the Chelsea job in a flash.

Phil McNultyChief football writer, BBC Sport
Even by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic's sky-high standards, the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo is ruthless. This is the manager who won the Champions League and FA Cup in May. Chelsea's statement claims results and performances have not been good enough - and yet only a month ago they were top of the Premier League after an outstanding 4-2 win at Spurs. The decision makes it even more abundantly clear that Di Matteo was only keeping the seat warm for the first love of Abramovich's footballing life, former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola. Will he ever be able to lure him to a club for which managerial instability is a way of life?

Back
Top Bottom