Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honest question, given Kane starts every game when fit and plays the whole 90, do we actually need Vinicius given his 40 million price tag?
It’s almost like he is a luxury (given the COVID economic climate) we don’t need and given the loan and buy option we can actually opt out.
Surely Parrott can be our back up?
The counter to this is, what if Kane gets injured, which is a good point. However Vinicius needs game time to develop and isn’t the $200K world class bench warmer City can afford, so I’m just not confident without game time he’d have any more of an impact than say Parrott filling in for Kane.
Thoughts?

Honest question, given Kane starts every game when fit and plays the whole 90, do we actually need Vinicius given his 40 million price tag?
It’s almost like he is a luxury (given the COVID economic climate) we don’t need and given the loan and buy option we can actually opt out.
The counter to this is, what if Kane gets injured, which is a good point. However Vinicius needs game time to develop and isn’t the $200K world class bench warmer City can afford, so I’m just not confident without game time he’d have any more of an impact than say Parrott filling in for Kane.
Thoughts?

Vinicius is as much a £40m player as Gedson was a £50m player. Purchase clauses don't mean anything.

He is here to play Europa League matches and lesser cup games and for a loan player from the Portuguese league that's about right based on what he's shown so far. To play in the PL he has to show more when he gets chances.

Parrott should not even be in the conversation, he cannot score a goal in the Championship and is not ready to play for our first team.

Vinicius is as much a £40m player as Gedson was a £50m player. Purchase clauses don't mean anything.

He is here to play Europa League matches and lesser cup games and for a loan player from the Portuguese league that's about right based on what he's shown so far. To play in the PL he has to show more when he gets chances.

Parrott should not even be in the conversation, he cannot score a goal in the Championship and is not ready to play for our first team.
Am I the only one that thinks he has actually shown good form when he’s had starts? He’s got a decent G/A record for a back up striker in my book.

Looks quality to me. I can't wait to see him get a full game now he's had time to adapt. I have a feeling that him and Bergwijn will have that moment where it all comes together and kicks them up another gear.

Not sure I agree re purchase clauses mean nothing...what his means is after this seasons over we have to fork out 40 million for a player that is never going to start over Kane and based on Jose’s formation will never start with him - that’s big money for a player who without game time will have little sell on value.
Re Parrott he is class - he couldn’t get game time with millwall due to injury not due to lack of class or potential. For me having Vinicius only bears fruit if Kane gets injured as he is slightly more advanced v Parrott is his development. Don’t forget Vinicius used to be a CB and from memory only played his last season with Benfica as a ST (from memory it was CB > CAM > ST).
Personally I’d rather Parrott on the bench and throw the money in other positions. Of course, Kane goes down for 6 months I look like a mug but I’m willing to hedge my bets.

Not sure I agree re purchase clauses mean nothing...what his means is after this seasons over we have to fork out 40 million for a player that is never going to start over Kane and based on Jose’s formation will never start with him - that’s big money for a player who without game time will have little sell on value.
Re Parrott he is class - he couldn’t get game time with millwall due to injury not due to lack of class or potential. For me having Vinicius only bears fruit if Kane gets injured as he is slightly more advanced v Parrott is his development. Don’t forget Vinicius used to be a CB and from memory only played his last season with Benfica as a ST (from memory it was CB > CAM > ST).
Personally I’d rather Parrott on the bench and throw the money in other positions. Of course, Kane goes down for 6 months I look like a mug but I’m willing to hedge my bets.

We do not have to pay the purchase clause. We can try to buy him for less if we want.

But I don’t think we will because so far he hasn’t looked good enough. Mourinho is clearly not convinced by him at all.

We do not have to pay the purchase clause. We can try to buy him for less if we want.

But I don’t think we will because so far he hasn’t looked good enough. Mourinho is clearly not convinced by him at all.
The first statement is kinda semantics. We signed an agreement with Benfica to purchase him at a certain price, they’d be fucking mugs if they accepted anything less. I’m sure it’s happened but I can’t think of a single loan to buy option when the subsequent buy was less value than per the original agreement. Clearly fees aren’t all that transparent re the detail but I cannot think of a single one in all honesty.
Re the second statement I think he needs more time on the pitch to prove himself which he won’t get (barring a Kane injury) and has a huge fee over his head pressuring him.
Which leads me to my original point (and post) let’s not pay the 40 and sit Parrott on the bench or go out and buy a player like Origi for example that we know can come off of the bench and score.

Thoughts?

We will not buy him. We will not buy Fernandes. We will not buy Bale.
Mourinho just blagging the loan market to add bodies without a long term commitment in area's where they may or may not be needed.
We're growing up as a club. We're getting past this almost childish concept of "what's the point of loaning someone unless we buy them at the end"

We will not buy him. We will not buy Fernandes. We will not buy Bale.
Mourinho just blagging the loan market to add bodies without a long term commitment in area's where they may or may not be needed.
We're growing up as a club. We're getting past this almost childish concept of "what's the point of loaning someone unless we buy them at the end"
Big teams don’t as a general statement loan.
It happens, I’m thinking Courtois at Athleti or Kean at PSG for example but rarely.
A sign of a big team is they don’t develop players for other clubs. Nothing worse than a player performing, than for the team who owns him to drag him back. Buy back clauses are similar, it’s why we got Reg - we were the only ones wiling you take him under those conditions.
I don’t mind the loan idea for Vinicius and not purchasing but I also hate the idea of a loan with no buy clause. It’s prob worth mentioning that big teams wouldn’t loan us a player with a buy clause - we’d only get such one sided terms from the Benfica’s of the world or if the player wasn’t going to develop into something special.

The first statement is kinda semantics. We signed an agreement with Benfica to purchase him at a certain price, they’d be fucking mugs if they accepted anything less. I’m sure it’s happened but I can’t think of a single loan to buy option when the subsequent buy was less value than per the original agreement. Clearly fees aren’t all that transparent re the detail but I cannot think of a single one in all honesty.
Re the second statement I think he needs more time on the pitch to prove himself which he won’t get (barring a Kane injury) and has a huge fee over his head pressuring him.
Which leads me to my original point (and post) let’s not pay the 40 and sit Parrott on the bench or go out and buy a player like Origi for example that we know can come off of the bench and score.
The only way they wouldnt accept less than the set price is if Vinicius puts in super star performances and they know we desperately want him. Based on the performances so far, they would be fine with negotiating less if they wanted cash instead of keeping him.

Big teams don’t as a general statement loan.
It happens, I’m thinking Courtois at Athleti or Kean at PSG for example but rarely.
A sign of a big team is they don’t develop players for other clubs. Nothing worse than a player performing, than for the team who owns him to drag him back. Buy back clauses are similar, it’s why we got Reg - we were the only ones wiling you take him under those conditions.
I don’t mind the loan idea for Vinicius and not purchasing but I also hate the idea of a loan with no buy clause. It’s prob worth mentioning that big teams wouldn’t loan us a player with a buy clause - we’d only get such one sided terms from the Benfica’s of the world or if the player wasn’t going to develop into something special.

Loans are used for all sorts of reaons, be it innability to get a full transfer over the line, to get minutes for your own players. to get a player you don't want off your books, getting cover in temporarily.

2 of the 3 players we have on loan are nowhere near being in our first team. They are here in for the event that one or both of Kane and Son get injured and our entire midfield gets covid or something.
They are not, and never were intended to be first team regulars. There's no reason to pay tens of millions for some one to sit on the bench just in case.
Mourinho knew what kind of money was in the kitty and he spent it where we needed it. DM, RB, CB, LB
He clearly has more imagination in the market than Poch who just seemed stumped as to how to improve his squad.

I'm sort of with you in not being a play ground for other teams emerging talent, but let's not be daft. Would you complain if we got the next Messi on loan for a year or 2 and he helped is rip the PL to shreds?

Let's be real as well. Unless Levy did something clever, if Reguilon is even half decent this season, he's going back to Madrid and then will be sold for a quici profit.

Loans are used for all sorts of reaons, be it innability to get a full transfer over the line, to get minutes for your own players. to get a player you don't want off your books, getting cover in temporarily.

2 of the 3 players we have on loan are nowhere near being in our first team. They are here in for the event that one or both of Kane and Son get injured and our entire midfield gets covid or something.
They are not, and never were intended to be first team regulars. There's no reason to pay tens of millions for some one to sit on the bench just in case.
Mourinho knew what kind of money was in the kitty and he spent it where we needed it. DM, RB, CB, LB
He clearly has more imagination in the market than Poch who just seemed stumped as to how to improve his squad.

I'm sort of with you in not being a play ground for other teams emerging talent, but let's not be daft. Would you complain if we got the next Messi on loan for a year or 2 and he helped is rip the PL to shreds?

Let's be real as well. Unless Levy did something clever, if Reguilon is even half decent this season, he's going back to Madrid and then will be sold for a quici profit.
Poch got NDombele

Someone should notify Bayern since they've been constantly loaning players recently.
Re Bayern I’m thinking Rodriguez, Perisic and Countinho? Those are some odd ones admittedly and I think were prob loaned out by their owners as no one willing to buy them anywhere near their purchase price and or pay their wages.
You have to admit 130 for coutinho to then loan him to Bayern has to be almost the worst bit of football business I can recall from any team.

Back
Top Bottom