Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has he had Covid in the other games we could have used and Jose pulled him and didn't play him?
I agree that he should’ve been given many more minutes by Jose, but 100% stand by my comment that people should wait until they know what’s happened before making assumptions and acting on them. Quite a few posters were absolutely certain he was dropped, which added to the shite atmosphere to the thread before the match even started..... and it turns out he wasn’t dropped. It does make people look stupid.

On your point, he should’ve played so much more than he has - my personal thoughts are that Jose can’t bring himself to rest or sub Kane because of his defensive attributes from set pieces as well as the obvious threat up front. And he doesn’t like playing them together, which means Vinicius isn’t being given a chance. He needs to be given a run, even if it’s as a sub, otherwise he’ll never find his Benfica form for us.

I agree that he should’ve been given many more minutes by Jose, but 100% stand by my comment that people should wait until they know what’s happened before making assumptions and acting on them. Quite a few posters were absolutely certain he was dropped, which added to the shite atmosphere to the thread before the match even started..... and it turns out he wasn’t dropped. It does make people look stupid.

On your point, he should’ve played so much more than he has - my personal thoughts are that Jose can’t bring himself to rest or sub Kane because of his defensive attributes from set pieces as well as the obvious threat up front. And he doesn’t like playing them together, which means Vinicius isn’t being given a chance. He needs to be given a run, even if it’s as a sub, otherwise he’ll never find his Benfica form for us.

So after showing that he will not play Vinicius even when merited and leaving him off the bench when healthy as well as showing that he does not want the team playing an attacking style or attempting to score goals when fans saw that once again Vinicius was left off the bench and the club made no statement about his health they should have just assumed he was being left off for health reasons?

So all the people laying into Jose in the match thread against Wolves for ‘leaving him out’ were just plain wrong then.

I mean, be angry with our performances, be angry with our inability to keep a clean sheet late on in games, be angry with our negative style of play against ‘smaller’ teams etc.... but don’t be angry about things you know nothing about. If someone has been left out the squad, maybe wait until you know why before sounding off like a twat.

If posting opinions on a football forum without inside knowledge of the goings on was a prerequisite, we would have a very boring site.

"No I don't expect Bale to be fit and also I have my doubts that Lucas and Vinicius can be fit for Fulham," revealed the head coach.”

So yet again, many of the reactionists look like right twats.

"I want, I need a striker," Mourinho said. "But I want to make it very, very clear that the club knows that I need a striker and they also want a striker."

He added: "Are we going to get one? I believe so, I honestly believe so. The team needs it for the balance of the squad."

I found these quotes from September this year. Not much else.
Can you quote all the interviews where he “cried all of last season” about a striker?
There must be at least ten, should be easy to dig up. Oh no that’s right.

It was TFC crying for a striker wasn’t it. Not Jose.
TFC who didn’t want our last two back up strikers to see one minute on the pitch because they were happy to be The Harry Kane Team for the last five years.

Awwww look at you now

Those quotes were just before the Everton game this season.

Are you honestly saying you can't remember him saying numerous times LAST SEASON during press conferences the need for a back up striker? The over reliance on Kane playing every game? How nice it would be to have another option when Kane got injured? How we lack having a focal point?

You don't remember any of that?

Vinicius was left off the bench and the club made no statement about his health they should have just assumed he was being left off for health reasons?
No you should have read the managers press conference
Clubs don’t usually release statements about injuries to fringe players.

You got your placard all written up, you got your bandwagon of sheep loaded up, you marched hard towards Parliament but you didn’t do your homework, had your pants pulled down on Westminster Bridge and now you look a right tit

Those quotes were just before the Everton game this season.

Are you honestly saying you can't remember him saying numerous times LAST SEASON during press conferences the need for a back up striker? The over reliance on Kane playing every game? How nice it would be to have another option when Kane got injured? How we lack having a focal point?

You don't remember any of that?
Can you post the quotes. He cried all of last season must be numerous interviews

So all the people laying into Jose in the match thread against Wolves for ‘leaving him out’ were just plain wrong then.

I mean, be angry with our performances, be angry with our inability to keep a clean sheet late on in games, be angry with our negative style of play against ‘smaller’ teams etc.... but don’t be angry about things you know nothing about. If someone has been left out the squad, maybe wait until you know why before sounding off like a twat.
If he caught Covid by attending a party along with Lucas they should both be docked a months wage!

Heres more for sammy....

"The boys did what they can, you cannot transform Lucas or Son into a No.9 like Harry Kane."

Thats in a 10 minute Google search. Get your Google search game up in future Sammy.

Heres more for sammy....

"The boys did what they can, you cannot transform Lucas or Son into a No.9 like Harry Kane."

Thats in a 10 minute Google search. Get your Google search game up in future Sammy.
TBF, aren't all of those after the January window closed?

I'm sure you're aware you sound pathetic now lol. Just admit defeat and move on for once.
Defeat?
I’m waiting for a season of quotes where Jose is a least complaining about a striker as opposed to simply answering questions about one.

You said crying all season like he was kicking up a fuss weekly. He wasn’t.

That makes it worse then tbh. Thought the squad was fine then cried out for or a striker once things were going wrong.
Yep
I've always thought that.
Jose, Levy etc thought they could get by. Only when Harry and Sonny got injured did the bleating start.
Don't forget Poch spent over £130m in his last summer and still no striker.
The money was there, so either Poch was too fussy or the scouting team weren't doing their jobs properly.

kingdawson kingdawson
You posted this to show me how Jose was crying about a striker...

Jose Mourinho says he wanted a striker to bolster Tottenham's squad but insists nobody is to blame for a lack of signings in January

Hmmmm good one yeah

kingdawson kingdawson
You posted this to show me how Jose was crying about a striker...

Jose Mourinho says he wanted a striker to bolster Tottenham's squad but insists nobody is to blame for a lack of signings in January

Hmmmm good one yeah
Mate you're actually sounding quite pathetic and its kinda sad to see.

To break down what just happened:

1) I posted that mourinho was crying for a back up striker last season

2) you quoted my post with quotes from Mourinho speaking about the need of a back up striker and asked for more quotes insinuating he did not bring it up much.

3) I provided you with 9 other seperate occasions where Mourinho brought up the need for a back up striker.

4) you then counter all the nine quotes with a question asking "where the tears are" as if I meant he was crying in a literal sense lol.

How low can you go lol. You lost...get over it and just admit defeat move on and start another argument with someone else about nothing.

Back
Top Bottom