Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Delighted for him. He’s a really good striker and seems a really decent bloke too. He’s had a tough rise to the top.
I don’t wanna see no bullshit trying to lower the fee or any nonsense from the board at the end of the season. Pay the money and make the transfer permanent. We finally have the perfect back up to Kane. Keep him here.

Really happy for him, especially given his struggles.

Though this game isn't any kind of an indication, positive or negative.

I think we’ll see a lot more of him in the second half of the season.

I think Mourinho has been super cautious with him considering he’s in a new country and doesn’t speak the language, I imagine he’s still settling off the pitch.

Still in 4 competitions, so plenty of games for him I’m sure. I know it’s frustrating he hasn’t played more, but in the grand scheme he’s only been here a bit more than 3 months.

I really liked when he came on v Leeds for a few minutes , he just looked sharp.
Think he needs to be starting far more or getting minutes in the Premier league more.
Good player and good finisher..

Good boost of confidence today for him, 3rd goal was a lovely deft finish. His touch in second half with back to goal which he smashed miles over was sublime. Controlled it, got turned and into shooting position under pressure from defender in one touch, deserved to be put away. Definitely more to come from him.

Regardless of opponent, you score with what’s in front of you. He’s simply scoring goals when ever he plays, where as Bergwijn isn’t. He must start instead of Bergwijn for me.

Opposition makes literally all the difference, and the fact that he has not been trusted against even Champo level opposition is bit worrying. I of course hope that this game gave him confidence and positive emotions, so he could get some time on the pitch against Villa/Sheffield/Fulham (latter added for chance if Villa game is postponed and we could play Fulham instea) and then go from there - if he does well, is useful and scores goals, then sure - more time & better oppositions. But drawing concusions from scoring against hobby team, is a bit far fetched and siplistic.

Assumption that "he scores goals, Bergwijn does not, hence he should play in Bergwijns place"... well tad simple, ainnit ?
Can't remember Hugo scoring goal in his career for Spurs. So maybe play Carlos in his place then :D ?

Opposition makes literally all the difference, and the fact that he has not been trusted against even Champo level opposition is bit worrying. I of course hope that this game gave him confidence and positive emotions, so he could get some time on the pitch against Villa/Sheffield/Fulham (latter added for chance if Villa game is postponed and we could play Fulham instea) and then go from there - if he does well, is useful and scores goals, then sure - more time & better oppositions. But drawing concusions from scoring against hobby team, is a bit far fetched and siplistic.

Assumption that "he scores goals, Bergwijn does not, hence he should play in Bergwijns place"... well tad simple, ainnit ?
Can't remember Hugo scoring goal in his career for Spurs. So maybe play Carlos in his place then :D ?

he’s a striker, so his job is to score goals and in particular hold up the ball because of his playing style. He is showing signs of this every time he plays, so no it’s not simplistic. Hugo Lloris is a goal keeper, so why would he play upfront ? Silly comparison. Bergwijn has been missing sitters, and isn’t doing what an attacker should be doing. Vinicius deserves a run in the team.

he’s a striker, so his job is to score goals and in particular hold up the ball because of his playing style. He is showing signs of this every time he plays, so no it’s not simplistic. Hugo Lloris is a goal keeper, so why would he play upfront ? Silly comparison. Bergwijn has been missing sitters, and isn’t doing what an attacker should be doing. Vinicius deserves a run in the team.

It is though (simplistic).
I could hold up ball and score goals as well against team that consists of exlusively 80yo or older people.
Not much of a claim to get into Spurs EPL side, is it :D ?

Of course Lloris comparison was silly. Intentionally.
Without denying that Bergwijn have missed very good chances (and should improve on it) he is tasked with other things as well. And as some games proved, we still play better as a team with him in the side. And Vinicius in for Bergwijn would not be a direct swap as you try to claim. Thats why it is overly simplified.

I am not arguing that it would be nice if Carlos would get say 15-20 minutes against Villa/Sheffield/Fulham if situation is right (so either needing goal or having secured the result with some buffer) and then next steps can be thought based on that.
Currently he has been playing exclusively against absolute garbage of teams and scoring against them is not enough to warrant "a RUN in the team".

It is though (simplistic).
I could hold up ball and score goals as well against team that consists of exlusively 80yo or older people.
Not much of a claim to get into Spurs EPL side, is it :D ?

Of course Lloris comparison was silly. Intentionally.
Without denying that Bergwijn have missed very good chances (and should improve on it) he is tasked with other things as well. And as some games proved, we still play better as a team with him in the side. And Vinicius in for Bergwijn would not be a direct swap as you try to claim. Thats why it is overly simplified.

I am not arguing that it would be nice if Carlos would get say 15-20 minutes against Villa/Sheffield/Fulham if situation is right (so either needing goal or having secured the result with some buffer) and then next steps can be thought based on that.
Currently he has been playing exclusively against absolute garbage of teams and scoring against them is not enough to warrant "a RUN in the team".

When he’s being picked, he’s scoring goals and playing well. What the fuck more do you want him to do? When Bergwijn is being picked, he’s not performing and not scoring the goals we need from him. It’s pretty damn simple dude. Bergwijn out, Vinicius in.

Back
Top Bottom