Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've got 9 days between this and the Utd match mate.

Pointless starting players like Donley/Phillips, that's not how you win and rest players, you bring them on when the game is won.
I thought that's what Ange was planning to do when we went 3-0 up against Bournemouth... Then he brought on Dier & Gil!

I hope we don’t make the mistake of trying the rest anyone. I want a long cup run
Brighton are starting with 2 players (Hinshelwood and Buonanotte) younger than the lads we have on the bench, and a couple more that only a year older but we don't seem to give guys who certainly have the talent a chance to show what they can do. I think it's a bit weird.

Brighton are starting with 2 players (Hinshelwood and Buonanotte) younger than the lads we have on the bench, and a couple more that only a year older but we don't seem to give guys who certainly have the talent a chance to show what they can do. I think it's a bit weird.

I wish folk stop with the false equivalences with our young players when compared to other teams,

In an ideal world, yes. Me too.

But £1.5m prize money verses the riches that come from the Champion's League is why football is eschewed the way it is.
It's worth more than £1.5m to the club just look at the boost "The eel munching Champions of Europe" got from winning the 7th place cup?

Are we going to have replays in the 3rd round this season?

I see plenty of news saying it they are looking to scrap them but can't see anything definitive so we will have replays this season?

Yes, there will be third and fourth round replays this season, but not from the fifth round.

There are plans to scrap all replays next season, but I’m not sure if that’s been agreed yet.

Same. 😭

It looks like they get to sing "Champions of Europe" and sold a few more dildos and eels.
If they continue to sing it next season that means we could too, as could anyone who's ever won a European trophy.

My bet is that they will, but that everyone else who has won anything except the European Cup and/or the Champions League won't due to class and/or embarrassment.

If they continue to sing it next season that means we could too, as could anyone who's ever won a European trophy.

My bet is that they will, but that everyone else who has won anything except the European Cup and/or the Champions League won't due to class and/or embarrassment.
The Leicester fans sang "champions of England, you'll never sing that" to us. There's no limit to football fans' stupidity.

Amazing all the talk of resting players. We get knocked out then its oh we need a trophy, we have history in the cup ange doesnt understand etc.
Full strength, win the game, rest up for few days, players back go at it again. We're not in europe.
Id rather a cup and 5th place
100%

.......Not really "best" team then is it mate?

There's no reason to do anything but go full strength.

- No Europe.
- Out of the LC in the 1st round.
- Probably the lease games per season we'll have played in 15 years.

..........What are we rotating for exactly? ......We have an 8 day gap after this.

As much as we've had a rough ride of injuries; we have a bunch of senior players with under 1000mins on the clock.......

Minutes played this season (all comps):
Rich - 992
Royal - 858
GLC - 456
BJ - 860
Bentancur - 147
Davies - 988

Skipp - 509
PEH - 831
Gil - 175
Veliz - 45

Every summer people bang on about the cups yet when the time comes they can't resist tinkering.

Colchester, Norwich, Palace, Sheff U, Middlesborough, Fulham, countless EL & EConf shit-fests..... When does it ever end well?

Perhaps because it’s an opportunity to give our most talented youth players some game time? Just one or two and not in a team full of skipps and diers… throw them in with quality so they have a chance to shine in a meaningful game. How else will they grow?

Perhaps because it’s an opportunity to give our most talented youth players some game time? Just one or two and not in a team full of skipps and diers… throw them in with quality so they have a chance to shine in a meaningful game. How else will they grow?
You can also give certain players a weeks full rest and recovery beforehand and then raise fitness for the week before Utd. Unrealistic to think players can be at 100% at all times. A weeks recovery will help them in the long run from a periodised training perspective and may also mean bruises, black toenails etc all recover, the annoying little ones as well as overall fitness and mental enjoyment

IF we are going to win the game - e.g. 2-0 up at 85min gone, then yes. We have a prem team in the 3rd round. we want to win this. Go full strength for starters.

You can also give certain players a weeks full rest and recovery beforehand and then raise fitness for the week before Utd. Unrealistic to think players can be at 100% at all times. A weeks recovery will help them in the long run from a periodised training perspective and may also mean bruises, black toenails etc all recover, the annoying little ones as well as overall fitness and mental enjoyment
True, but do it AFTER the Man U game. They can have a week off and a week of training then.

Vicario
Porro, Emerson, Davies, Udogie
Bentancur, Lo Celso
Johnson, Kulusevski, Gil
Richarlison
dont think we have any other option. i like the idea of bentancur and gio both deeper. richy gets traditional winger service in that lineup too. he should be getting plenty of crosses, which he thrives off.

would of liked to see the new CB instead of royal but that clearly isnt happening now.

Back
Top Bottom