Burnley away - 17:30 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beats me why people do predictions, seeing as they're so often wrong.

See also: "I honestly think we'll..." posts.

My forecast - we might see the team that steamrollered Liverpool, we might see the one which huffed and puffed vs West Brom or we might get the one that rolled over vs Leicester, Arsen*l and City.

Or variants thereof.

Didn’t predict that coming.. I honestly think you’re not too happy.

They are a hard working team. Their winger are basically old school midfielder. And we are so lacking in confidence right now, we need to go back to basic.
Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Vert Davies
Sissoko Winks Dier
Eriksen
Kane Son
I wanted Lamela to start, at the same time i think bit of steel in the midfield is priority.
I have no preferences on FB. And maybe Dembele can be given a chance once more in place of Sissoko, im just afraid he will slow our game a lot. But maybe playing with Dier and Dembele, Winks can roam and focus on picking passes into an opening.

Nah he has a point. We seem to have lost all context this year. Which I do understand, but it's a bit daft.
This. We talk a lot about how our players have gone Billy big bollocks but the truth is it has spread to the fanbase as well. If we don't obliterate opposition that isn't PSG, United or Madrid there are meltdowns all over the fanbase.

Remember the Brighton game where people in attendance actively booed Spurs players for passing the ball around to try and create space? The same shittiness we laugh at goons, pool, united and City for having among their fans is spreading here as well.

We have people on here going "easy 3-0 win" for every game. By all means be confident but no need to be arrogant. Goes for the players as well. How many times must we walk in against a "weaker" team full of cockiness and thinking it will be easy only to end up eating our own hat before we realize this?

Last edited:
Beats me why people do predictions, seeing as they're so often wrong.

See also: "I honestly think we'll..." posts.

My forecast - we might see the team that steamrollered Liverpool, we might see the one which huffed and puffed vs West Brom or we might get the one that rolled over vs Leicester, Arsen*l and City.

Or variants thereof.

I called it that we would start Kane and Llorente at the Bernabeu.

I don't think its that hard to get in tune with Poch's mindset. There are some fundamental principles about the way he wants the team as a whole to play, he has a small number of set formations that have evolved over time and he puts players before formation in terms of importance. So he wont play a particular system if he doesn't think he has the available personnel for it.

Granted he has thrown some curveballs from time to time but if anything id probably like him to be a little less set in his ways with certain aspects of his team management. Timing of Subs and wing back rotation are two off the top of my head

As to what team turns up from a confidence point of view.... who knows, even Poch has only so much control over that.

Just shows you how far ww have fallen this year and how little real confidence the team have given us.

Any result is possible. Anyone thinking we will cruise to victory is denying the facts at the present time.

Burnley are a top defensive unit ... but just as we have badly missed Toby they will also miss one off their star centre backs ... Tarkowski has been their most consistent player this year .... him and Mee have played every EPL game so far ....

This is another game in which if we turn up then we could clean the floor with them. We just haven’t done that enough this season.

Judging on Pochs comments today I think he’ll play Dele. Maybe we’ll see Winks rested with Eriksen and Dier in the middle?

Still think we could do with Dier and Dembele in there personally. Dembele, although not at his best, still knows how to control a midfield. With a DM in there it would free up more opportunities for him to get forward with the ball.

This is another game in which if we turn up then we could clean the floor with them. We just haven’t done that enough this season.

Judging on Pochs comments today I think he’ll play Dele. Maybe we’ll see Winks rested with Eriksen and Dier in the middle?

Still think we could do with Dier and Dembele in there personally. Dembele, although not at his best, still knows how to control a midfield. With a DM in there it would free up more opportunities for him to get forward with the ball.
Dembele, Im still waiting for him to take a game and make it hes . He does so many good things on the pitch but for no reason. I cant see the point in him anymore. Sissoko has tenth of his ability and I would rather see him start. I know this view will not be popular, its just the way I feel with him at the moment.

Dembele, Im still waiting for him to take a game and make it hes . He does so many good things on the pitch but for no reason. I cant see the point in him anymore. Sissoko has tenth of his ability and I would rather see him start. I know this view will not be popular, its just the way I feel with him at the moment.

I think one of the reason why we haven’t seen the best out of him is due to him not having a regular defensive minded partner.

He was so good last year because Wanyama did the defensive part, allowing Dembele to get the ball and work with it. Maybe if Dier and Dembele start tomorrow we may see a glimpse of it again?

Back
Top Bottom