Burnley away - 17:30 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have heard it said that Kane shoots early and in other words the GK is not ready and therefore cannot react. Other lesser mortals such as Sissoko perhaps give the GK more time to react and do not have the same power on the shot. Whilst Kane has missed/ failed to score similar attempts his ratio of goals to chances is much higher. This is not the first time Sissoko has failed to put away a good opportunity and the more it happens the more he will try and make sure he is on target resulting in less power and more likelyhood of the GK saving. Vicious circle which will only be broken by practicing shooting and finally scoring a few to get more confidence.

All the best strikers take them early. Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Aguero, Kane etc. It's what sets them apart from the rest. I seem to remember Lineker/Shearer talking about the importance of taking the shot before the keeper is set when analysing Kane a couple seasons ago.

I have heard it said that Kane shoots early and in other words the GK is not ready and therefore cannot react. Other lesser mortals such as Sissoko perhaps give the GK more time to react and do not have the same power on the shot. Whilst Kane has missed/ failed to score similar attempts his ratio of goals to chances is much higher. This is not the first time Sissoko has failed to put away a good opportunity and the more it happens the more he will try and make sure he is on target resulting in less power and more likelyhood of the GK saving. Vicious circle which will only be broken by practicing shooting and finally scoring a few to get more confidence.
Football is a confidence game. If you’re confident you’ll pull the trigger when you fancy it with no regard for the consequences of failure. McFadden against France in Autumn 2007. He has never given a fuck who his opponent was.

Some players have it but usually it needs to be installed. Poch is doing a Cus d’Amato job on Winks right now. It seems to be working.

All the best strikers take them early. Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Aguero, Kane etc. It's what sets them apart from the rest. I seem to remember Lineker/Shearer talking about the importance of taking the shot before the keeper is set when analysing Kane a couple seasons ago.
Isn't it true that Defoe worked a lot with Kane to teach him how to get power in a shot with little backlift? Think I saw that somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom