Burnley away - 17:30 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Huge game, who thought we’d be saying that after 18 games?

Davidson Sanchez returns from suspension. Maybe Wanyama on the bench, but may not be risked.

Robbie Brady out for Burnley.

- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dele -
- Lamela - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -​

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Winks
Lamela - Eriksen - Son
Kane
Please.

I want that back four to start every game until Alderweireld is back. Consistency please. Dier to play the holding role. Winks to be more forward thinking. Lamela and Eriksen to create and Kane to score some fucking goals.

Lets do this.

Assume Burnley won't be parking the bus as they are at home, so if we can get some sort of rhythm going, hopefully we will get back into winning ways.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Winks
Lamela - Eriksen - Son
Kane
Please.

I want that back four to start every game until Alderweireld is back. Consistency please. Dier to play the holding role. Winks to be more forward thinking. Lamela and Eriksen to create and Kane to score some fucking goals.

Lets do this.

Seconded.

Fuck the city game it's already in the rear-view.

....Let's exorcise some fuckin' demons!

COYS!!! :tobyarm:

Let’s bash these pie eating inbreds. I can say that as a Bolton lad.
Burnley is one Horrible town. 6 fingered cunthole population.
Picture the duelling banjos in deliverance & you’re only half way there.

Seriously...it’s fucking freezing there & it really is a different world. You’ll have no idea about the basics such as friend or foe. The friendlies are great. The foes would genuinely kill you given the chance. Crazy bunch of fuckers.
For any fans making the trip up there, be careful. I’d rather shag a Pendle witch than be stuck there beyond final whistle. It’s a shitstain if the Pennines.
Just across & down the A666, you’ll find Bromley Cross. A lovely outskirts of Bolton. I suggest the flag or the last drop village for beers. Or the Thomas Egerton, the Brewhouse, the sportsman, the dunscar or the Briarfield. All friendly. Just get off the moors & away from those fucking Neanderthals.

The sooner this game comes around the better.
IMHO, Aurier is a must start and Dele needs to be benched.
I know he will bounce back, and has talent, but he if off his game at the minute, mentally that is :)

This is a huge game for us now. It’s important to forget the City match. We’ve got a crucial period after Christmas with many games and we need to string a run together. Got to find a way to boost the team’s morale.

Tough game but one we can win.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Dier Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

Theres the winning formula. Alli needs to start on the bench like he did for the brighton game. Not doubting his ability but he was floating about in the city game not really doing much at all.

3-1

COYS

Last edited:
Huge game, who thought we’d be saying that after 18 games?

Davidson Sanchez returns from suspension. Maybe Wanyama on the bench, but may not be risked.

Robbie Brady out for Burnley.

- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dele -
- Lamela - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -​
Aurier won't play in a back 4, if he plays then it is 343 all day long.
[formation=343, Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Vertonghen, Aurier, Winks, Dembele, Davies, Lamela, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

Lamela and Sanchez starting will be massive for us. Normal service resumed.

Absolutely, we need Dier in the middle, Winks and Dembele aren’t DM’s and it should also allow Winks to play his normal game.

Lamela was one of the few bright spots from the City game, he makes us a better team, yes he doesn’t score as much as Dele or Son but his main job is to create and control and that gives us better balance.

Nice to have Sánchez back as well.

Woolwich are playing Liverpool on Friday night we're guaranteed to gain ground (overtake even) at least one of them

Assuming we win :kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom