Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually I was referring to the player comparison. I don't think Harry is a better player than modric or Bale. Just very different.
In their individual roles as players they are probably all on the same level.

In terms of what they have achieved while playing for Spurs then Kane is above them.

Kane has played for longer at Spurs and consistently scored goals. He is adored by the supporters.

Modric and Bale both improved while playing for Spurs and were liked by the Spurs support but not quite in the same way as Harry Kane.

He's one of our own.

My point is that Levy knew he could get away with the sales of Modric and Bale.

Levy also knew he could not survive the sale of Harry Kane.

The point I am really trying to make is that, if my assertion is correct, it is the supporters who frame the constraints placed upon Levy, or Sugar before him, regarding what the chairman of THFC can get away with in terms of the players they sell.

I started supporting Spurs in 1977 and the first top player I ever remember Spurs being 'forced' to sell was Paul Gascoigne under you know who. Waddle's sale was out of the blue and unexpected but was a record fee.

Spurs did sell top players before this but they were usually at the back end of their careers and replaced with better or similar quality.

The other thing that happened around this time was talk of 'limited budgets' for the managers in respect of incoming transfers.

In my opinion Sugar and ENIC have got away with it because the supporters have allowed it to happen.

We should always demand more from them.

The expectation level now is not what it was from 77 - 91.

We expected Spurs to retain, sign or compete for the best players in those days.

Now we seem to have accepted our place as a stepping stone for top players to progress.

Last edited:
Should we feel positive or negative right now. ?
We have Romero, Bentancur, Richarlison, Davies and Skipp to come back.
Son to get his form back.
Bissouma to find his feet.
Kulusevski and Perisic on either side to work their magic.
Spence , White, Scarlett and Parrott plus other promising youngsters like Devine and Donelly coming through.
Hopefully a decent January window to come.
I'm not as down on Sanchez and Dier as some.

In terms of what they have achieved while playing for Spurs then Kane is above them.
them 3 years bale had he was out of this world 11-13. 2 time PFA player of the year and went on for a world record fee, was genuinely seen as one of the best players in the world. im not sure kanes ever really been seen like that. bale was THE superstar of the premier league for 3 years.

them 3 years bale had he was out of this world 11-13. 2 time PFA player of the year and went on for a world record fee, was genuinely seen as one of the best players in the world. im not sure kanes ever really been seen like that. bale was THE superstar of the premier league for 3 years.
I agree.

But Levy is clever and cunning.

If you remember he had everyone creaming their pants over the 'magnificent 7' before he did the deed and revealed the sale of Bale, after the incoming transfers had all been completed and season tickets had been renewed; just as the summer window was closing.

As I say; it is all about knowing what you can get away with.

Levy knew he could pull that off.

He also knew he could not survive selling Kane.

We allowed him to sell Bale by accepting the sales of Carrick, Berbatov and Modric.

We were actually glad the cunt didn't sell Bale to United.

Some practically thanked him for it.

Spurs supporters' relationship with ENIC is an abusive one.

Back
Top Bottom