Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a Celtic fan that is following Ange, I can’t believe, as a support, you guys are happy with a draw as I know Ange won’t be. I reckon he will be raging.

His standards HIGHER that today’s performance!!!
With all due respect. Celtic drawing in the SPL, is nothing like Spurs drawing away in the PL.

Fair play to ange as well making us more controlled solid and bossing 2nd half. Brentford had scraps of possession 2nd half. Decentish point. That ref was a cunt first half and lost the plot. Probably put his head in ice bath half-time. Hope we dont get him again.

Thought the fullbacks were both pretty classy today. The way they move in this system, I'm surprised they played the full 90 minutes. We'll need some quality backups on both sides eventually I think

Calm passing out, but erratic in every other respect (like, you know,... core goalkeeping).

Not convincing, mate.

Happy to have people say I'm talking rubbish, but please back it up.

He will probably make mistakes with rash decision as he is a proactive keeper. But I much prefer that to passive keepers staying on the line. There you just dont see a direct fault for goals. But that also has a lot to do with the way I like my football.

PS: I also have to admit to being a helpless optimist when it comes to football except when it bores me to death haha

So many positives. First the few negatives.

Vicario did not look solid. I'm not worried yet, he's new and young. I wish he was a little more sure on the ball but that will come.

Son and Kulu were missing most game. Could be because Brentford sat back or just learning the system.

Richarlison did not offer much.

Skipp was all over the place and not in a good way.

The positives.

CBs looked great. Sanchez, VdV and Romero all looked good on and off the ball.

Bissouma and Maddison are legit. Those two will dominant games.

We went behind but kept playing and came back.

The possession looked good for most of the game. We pressured the ball and recovered well.

Overall, a very good start. The ref was awful but we were too rash at times. A draw at Brentford is good for any team. Not many top teams went there and earned a point last season so no need to feel like this was dropped points.

Everyone who is/and will disagree with this.

Please tell me why he IS.

I'd actually like to hear it.
It’s only 1 game in a new league , it would be mad to write him off so soon!
I agree he looked like a bit of a hot head at times today but again it’s his first game in a new country and faster league. I’m actually more
Worried about the misfiring of our Front 3 today then the goalie

Imaging we had sealed Raya instead? I think we'd quietly be buzzing, Vicacino looks like a raw continental keeper who may need a lot of time to settle.
Looks an absurd decision not to pay the extra, given the prices quoted for homegrown forwards and the sale of our star player for £100 million.

After the last few years that was actually like getting our DNA back , few wobbles as one might expect but I never fell asleep once , never felt the need to gouge out my own eyes , or put my boot through the TV

Gotta say, Edwards over Kulusevski 100% if he’s looking at it (start of season for Sporting).

Perisic made Udogie come to life technically.

Son well, deary me, if that’s your debut as Captain, hopefully just nervous tension, otherwise Perisic please.
Gotta say that I was surprised to see most people on here backing Son for captain. Wonder how many of those were slagging him off for his largely poor/anonymous performances last season and wanting him sold. Just not captain material

Not happy at all. Brentford minus Raya and Toney are down a lot of quality and large periods of today's game were REALLY BAD from us. But then large periods were also very, very encouraging and we've had a long time of being completely fucking useless, so..

Expectations are low and the reaction to this reflects that.
By your logic we're down the best striker in europe

As a Celtic fan that is following Ange, I can’t believe, as a support, you guys are happy with a draw as I know Ange won’t be. I reckon he will be raging.

His standards HIGHER that today’s performance!!!

Brentford would walk the SPL mate, they ain't Ross County.

Plus, not sure if you heard, but our best player left us two days ago.

This was a good point.

By the way, how can you play for over a minute before stopping the game and then bottle a pen decsion and leave it for the ref?

A ref who last season awarded more pens than any other ref?
That's the rules for overturning an on field decision I think, wait for the ball to go out of play and get the ref to review.

He will probably make mistakes with rash decision as he is a proactive keeper. But I much prefer that to passive keepers staying on the line. There you just dont see a direct fault for goals. But that also has a lot to do with the way I like my football.
Fair play for fleshing out your point.

He just doesn't seem stable, at all, to me.

Hope he comes good, tho.

Or we're fucked.

Back
Top Bottom