Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brentford played with their entire 11 in their defensive 3rd so I think we needed more from our wingers to give Richy something. I'm surprised we didn't see Solomon. We needed some trickery to get the crosses in. I presume that is why Peririsic was brougt on

Plenty of positives and a few negatives.

Thankfully there’s still time in the TW to get in 2 or 3 new players to improve the squad.

Funnily, I’d keep Sanchez as CB cover and sell / loan Dier, Davies & Tanganga. Get another top level CB in.

We need a more commanding striker too.

We don't need to bring in anyone, just start Perisic and Solomon. Perisic has no pace, but he looked so much better than Son with his guile and Technique. Son is just no pace and no everything else.
Sons only hope, IMO, is Striker.

He still has sufficient straight line speed to stay clear of most CB’s. But can’t get past, or interplay above League1 standard (as often as Prem).

Was soo happy Ange hooked him, he must show a fight now, otherwise Striker is not for him in this type of system.

Perisic seems a much better weapon than Son or Kulusevski in this type of system (on top often, not soo much back peddling to drain the spring forward).

As a Celtic fan that is following Ange, I can’t believe, as a support, you guys are happy with a draw as I know Ange won’t be. I reckon he will be raging.

His standards HIGHER that today’s performance!!!

Not happy at all. Brentford minus Raya and Toney are down a lot of quality and large periods of today's game were REALLY BAD from us. But then large periods were also very, very encouraging and we've had a long time of being completely fucking useless, so..

Expectations are low and the reaction to this reflects that.

As a Celtic fan that is following Ange, I can’t believe, as a support, you guys are happy with a draw as I know Ange won’t be. I reckon he will be raging.

After the crap we’ve had to endure the last 4 years, we’re easily pleased!

I think it’s more because of our apprehension coming into this game tbh. A lot fairly thought we may get tonked.

Therefore it’s not a bad result and something to build on.

Love it though if that is Ange’s attitude!

players being statues, except the one carrying the ball. Forces the one with the ball to either pass it to a statue or try to break free with a dribble.
Only Biss madd and Udogie offering movement and travelling with the ball going forward. And I don’t mean running sideways like kulu does!

I won’t spend 60m on any striker to just run off the ball all day.

The striker in this system is an unforgiving role.

Thing is, most fans probably just want to take out their frustrations at losing Kane on Richy.

The only type of striker that could have done more is one that is faster and able to create for themselves with a dribble

Or ones who don't just kick the ball straight at the keeper or nearest defender when it comes to them in good positions.

That‘s good to know :adethumbup:

Think we’re all just cutting them a bit of slack as it‘s a totally different way of playing and even Ange may need a bit of time to fully assess and decide on his best 11.

Very positive start their goals was very lucky. Biss udogie are monsters hard to get the ball from them plus they are ballers, Maddison is class. Emerson was his usual self the front three wads dier (punt intended). Vdv to me was just unlucky with the goal otherwise I think he is gonna be an excellent signing. Our keeper is a little shaky but give him some time to acclimatize and see what’s good. Love that we dominated possession I think the problem was and what that front three struggled was the tempo of play needs to be faster more one twos and movement required but that will come with time I think.

Enjoyed that.

First half was dictated by nerves and Romero forced sub.

Second half bossed it with a nagging feeling we were afraid to concede.

Is a good point if Brentford replicate their home form this season.

Week to work. Trim squad. Couple of fresh faces. Ange instilling his mentality on them.

Bring on United.

Little note: Always amazes me how these club fans attack us for being shit when they don't finish above us!

I'm happy with this match. Plenty of positives!

My biggest concern at the moment is Vicario. He needs to calm down or we have a big problem.

Difficult match, difficult ref. Fun to watch. We got a point, could have had three. On to the next one!

Back
Top Bottom