Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-------------------Vicario---------------------
Emerson----Romero---VDV-----Udogie
--------------Bissouma--Hojbjerg----------
--------------------Maddison---------------
----Kulu------------------------------Son----
---------------------Kane--------------------

Not ideal to throw VDV in at the deep end but Dier is atrocious and Davies can't play in a 2. If he's not ready I'd start Sanchez.

Would probably be my team too. Very excited for this. Will be great to finally see good football again.

Not going to cry if we lose either. This is a proper trust the process season.

Do think we will win though. RICHY DOUBLE

Last edited:

Not ideal to throw VDV in at the deep end but Dier is atrocious and Davies can't play in a 2. If he's not ready I'd start Sanchez.
Will probably be this except I don't think we'll see Both Bissouma and PEH start.

I think the most used midfield combo was Bissouma and Skipp in pre season.

I think it will be Bissouma and Sarr personally

If our second team can play as they did for 80mins last night against Barcelona, we should be able to steam roll this Conte light team with our first team.

But Tottenham be Tottenham baby.

I’d also throw VDV straight in but my midfield 3 would be:

……..Bissouma
Maddison Lo Celso

Personally would have Skipp in for PEH

I don’t think VDV is going to start, not in a tough match like this. Davies will play.

If Kane is sold I hope it’s Son down the middle and not Richarlison.
6 foot 4 naturally left footed centre back against set piece Brentford sounds ideal to me, especially compared to the other options. I’m a big fan of Ben, but starting him at CB here in a back 4 would be asking for trouble.

Kane to play the first half...

Then Bayern make one last final absolutely last, no going back ultimatum, take it or leave it or leave it or take it bid this time at HT, live on TV... and seeing as we'll only be down the road from Heathrow, don't expect him out for the 2nd half!!

Last edited:
Vicario
Emerson - Romero - Sanchez - Udogie
Bissouma - Sarr
Kulusevski - Maddison - Son
Kane

This is what I predict Ange will play, although I wouldn't be against starting Perisic and dropping Son for this one.
Sanchez was very bad against West Ham, but did pick it up after that, and was great against Barcelona yesterday, so I'd much rather pick him compared to Dier or Davies, while VdV is getting ready.
As good as Skipp was yesterday, I think Sarr has shown more this pre-season than him, and definitely more than PEH.
Emerson keeps the RB position by default, and so does Udogie with the LB.

This is going to be a tough game, however we know for sure that it's going to be entertaining.

3-2 Spurs.

You couldn’t be fucked to just use the formation feature?
It even has an icon that looks like a football pitch..

After all the positivity and good things we've seen in pre season you can't start a clogger and vibe killer like Hojbjerg in midfield in the first match of the season.

Last edited:
Vicario
Emerson
Romero
Vdv
Udogie
Bissouma
Sarr
Maddison
Kulusevski
Kane
Solomon
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Emerson Romero Vdv Udogie
Bissouma Sarr
Maddison
Kulusevski Kane Solomon
[/lineup]

Vicario,
Porro,
Romero,
Sanchez,
Udogie
Bisouma,
LoCelso,
Madison
Kulu,
Kane,
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario,
Porro, Romero, Sanchez, Udogie
Bisouma, LoCelso,
Madison
Kulu, Kane, Richarlison
[/lineup]

Davies instead of VDV at this early stage.

And I have a gut feeling that Ange will give Sarr a start instead of Hojbjerg or Skipp.

Obviously Richarlison for Kane if Kane is off.
Davies will get eaten in a 2 man Cb partnership in a competitive game. There's no point even attempting it as the outcome is painfully obvious.

If VDV is deemed not ready then start Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom