Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cuti and VdV should be a great pairing for us.

With Sonny and Kulu doing the inverted wingers thing, Emerson and Udogie will need to be fit enough to switch to the flanks from being so tucked in.

Bissouma was incredible, though Van Der Ven and Udogie had very solid debuts, Maddison as well.

Emerson clearly a better player when he plays in field as well.

Wingers looked meh today and I'm not sure about Vicario.

With Richie, it wasn’t even his lack of threat in the box. He was bullied all over the park. Looked so nervous. Where’s the tenacious, aggressive Brazilian shithouse gone?
I'm not sold on Richarlison, but I don't blame him for the lack of output today. He did what the system asks of him, he got positioned in such a way as to occupy two defenders. But nothing much came in from the corners and not many positive runs into the box. Brentford stayed deep and kept their shape. Credit to them and a point of concern for Spurs they couldn't open them up.

Think it's clear there's still some phychological issues within the team and some of the players. Being told to play but some probably still abit worried to do so. Not wanting to make mistakes etc.

Itll come. Man Utd at home next week, make that atmosphere something special and it could be a great one. They're alot further ahead in their development than we are but getting something from that would be fantastic when you consider our run after that game.

Last edited:
People being a bit harsh on the front three, it's a new manager with a new style of playing and of course a certain someone missing.

Get in Orban though and maybe Eze if possible and I think we'll have enough variety up top to trouble most teams.

We need to spread the goals throughout the team, no more relying on one player.

I was worried at times in the 1st half but 2nd half was pleasing to watch.

Levy you cunt, back this manager properly and we might suprise a few including me!

We can’t put Richie on the bench though.

At some point, this club is going to have to give him a run of games and tell him to lead the line. Brentford sat on him all game. He’ll have easier afternoons.

Does look powder puff at the moment though.

This is the worry.

I said it in another thread but without Kane our squad's level is similar to the Villa's/Newcastle/Brentford's of the league.

We are banking on Ange's brand of football to get us a few places higher. Top 4 would be a miracle imo.

Yeah and this is a game Kane wins us. That chance Richarlison had (can't remember the minute) is one where Kane slams it bottom corner first time. Richarlison dithers and hits it at the keeper. There's the difference.

I think we've got a better squad than Villa and a very similar level one to Newcastle. We could easily be just outside those top 4 spots and that's a good place to be in and build on.

Son was a lot worse than Richy actually.
lmao on getting disagrees on that, Son had as many chances as Richarlison but fucked them just as bad, in addition to offering nothing but backpasses on the wing and CONCEDING A FUCKING PENALTY. People are just blinded by his past performances.

His ability. Watch quite some Serie A and he was often good and also positively spoken about. I also like his calm and the ball and that he looks to be a bit of a mad man. Love it.
Calm passing out, but erratic in every other respect (like, you know,... core goalkeeping).

Not convincing, mate.

Happy to have people say I'm talking rubbish, but please back it up.

As a Celtic fan that is following Ange, I can’t believe, as a support, you guys are happy with a draw as I know Ange won’t be. I reckon he will be raging.

His standards HIGHER that today’s performance!!!

It’s taken us 3 different managers and fuck knows how many seasons but it looks like In Maddison and Bisouma we have finally replaced Erisken and Dembele!
New defender looks mustard as well, let’s see what he is like next to Romero , I just hope it doesn’t take us another 3
Managers to replace Kane!
We actually have the makings of a proper decent team and a manager who want to utilise out attacking talent!
Couple of smart signings and we get a cup this season and Top 4!

Back
Top Bottom