Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it annoys me when our players feel they've been fouled, they stay on the ground complaining while Bournemouth are bombing down our end on the counter! Get the fuck up and chase|!

We have scored 6 goals in out last 5 games.

Alli and Son are the only players who have scored and both were subbed off today. Summed it up. Our only goalscoring threat hauled off. Of course we weren't going to score.

Just to prove the disparity, and ongoing glaring unfairness between our two clubs...
ArseAnal can go TOP with just a draw at home to Middlesbro'...
we could slip to 5th with that draw away to Bournemouth!

...how is football fair again??
Lol ur right. If only they could even it out by us getting to play Middlesbrough at home at some point and them Bournemouth away....so unfair.

So many melting cunts on here. 9 undefeated and its all moans. You realise this is a hard league. No given wins or losses. Stop acting so entitled you nake us all look bad. We sit right at the top end of the table and havent lost. Realise where we were only 5/6 seasons ago and what we look like now.
It is our best start to a season since the early 1980s or something like that. The way this thread has gone you would think we were looking at relegation.

Not tough for me. I thought we were terrible today. Wanyama had a great game. Raise was decent, as was Walker. Hugo had nothing to do. Don't think anyone else deserves a pass.
We supposedly have a speedy player who can dribble and beat players but he was not on the bench today.

Our shots on goal to conversion rate is terrible.
We have the highest shots on goal than any team in the PL with 60.
City 51 Liverpool 50 and Woolwich 47.
We have a shots on goal to goal conversion of 11.8 %

Compare that to the top 3 of Woolwich's 21.6%, Liverpools 21.2% & City's 19%

Last season we had 260 shots on goal, 30 more than the next best but had a lowest conversion rate in the PL
We are currently 3rd from bottom above Saints and Swansea.

Southampton have had 56 shots on goal, more than City 51 Liverpool 50 and Woolwich 41, and have a conversion rate of 9.5 % scoring 10 goals.
That's 4 less shots on goal and 3 less goals than us.
We need to improve our finishing.
Simple really

It's only by turning around some of the frustrating results against lower teams that we had too many instances of last season that we've got any hope of competing this year. The performance today was decent and we do have the strongest defensive core of any side in the PL. However, the result simply isn't good enough, we still lack a cutting edge quality that can unlock solid opponents, and our striking options are just inadequate for our ambitions.

People seem to forget that there was a team in front of us today that worked their bollocks off to stop us playing, same as West Brom. Kane being out (and perhaps Toby) is clearly an issue, but I thought we did okay today. We're one point off top spot so the league is well within reach at this point of the season.

....and yet Liverpool managed to score twice against the same INPENETRABLE WALL!!!

I'm not saying that yesterday's or last week's draws were definite signs we can't still have a good season... but we clearly have trouble breaking these defences down... when others manage to score with gay abandon!!

What is it now... 40+ shots and 1 goal to show for it???

SUCH a shame Janssen is being burdened with covering for Kane... rather than fighting him for a spot and playing on merit, he KNOWS he's in the squad by virtue of Kane's absence... that's not really much of a motivation!

Forgive me for saying this but you don't seem to be enjoying the fact that we are very much in the mix, being one point off the top and having our best start to a league in a generation.

No, I'm loving it... I just don't wanna get to May ruing some of the points we dropped... 'cos we've definitely been THERE before!

But yes, I see your point. We are a good team, full of Internationals... new ground being readied... and we're DEFINITELY going places...
What's not to like?

OK... so Arse's draw makes our draw a little easier to stomach... only difference is, their draw took then top (for a while) whereas ours could take us down to 5th by Monday... that's the difference!

Yes it is "the difference" but at this stage of the season irrelevant

We're right up there in contention and that's what's important

2 points dropped
Forgive me for saying this but you don't seem to be enjoying the fact that we are very much in the mix, being one point off the top and having our best start to a league in a generation.

2009/10 19 points from 9 games
2011/12 19 points from 9 games
2013/14 19 points from 9 games

Are you talking about a generation of 1 year olds?

Back
Top Bottom