Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To all the people saying it wasn’t Spursy here is why it is Spursy:

This was Bournemouth. Winning would have guaranteed top 4.
We lost.
Last week we lost to West Ham. That weekend was the second time in a month we had lost, but none of our rivals made any impact on us.

We get another chance, and blow it.
One guy is sent off 2 minutes before half time, and another 2 minutes after.

They had a 17yr old debutant in goal.
They should be already on the beach.
We lost.

We will play EL football in a half empty new ground.

Chelsea or Woolwich will win the EL this season, and one or both of them will be in the CL next year.

I couldn’t give a toss if they tied hard today, they are Spursy bottle jobs to a fucking man.
Ajax will be fun.

Son reacts the way he did because Lerma punches him in the back of the head. Still, shouldn’t have reacted that way.

Pawson misses a clear penalty on Dele at the end, VAR gives it next season.
Next season VAR gives a penalty and 2nd yellow to Dier for that challenge in the box and we have eight men. We can't blame VAR or lack of it for a classic Tottenham bottle-job where we collectively lose our heads.

The only thing I am clinging onto is the fact this is still in our hands to finish in the top four, beat Everton at home and its done.

Having said that, I'm fuming, I was a Sissoko hater, now I hold my hands up and say, praise the lord, the guy is an engine, he just keeps going, Moura was a star, ran for everything, its games like this that shows those who have a passion and those that don't, overall I was impressed in how the team worked together but we conceded late on to knock the wind out of all of us.

We still have it all to do and I have faith we will fall over the line, this will only strengthen Poch and his recruitment cause in the summer, we need to upgrade many players, mainly those from the bench, having a strong squad and rotating needs to be our aim.

Last edited:
Read it again - I don't want to argue but just read it again. I'm not saying any of what you seem to think. I want some investment in the squad and I'm not saying the squad depth is strong enough. It just seems that the strongest views on both sides always show through.
And where did the 'let's not invest in case we get 7 key players injured' quote come from? I agree with you, the reason to invest is to invest is to cope with injuries so where did that come from?
And I didn't say anyone thinks we should spend £1bn (clearly we can't) but there are those that seem to think we should be competing with City, and that we have a 'right' to win trophies. I don't know if you think that or not, but how can either happen without spending very big money (yeah you're right, £1bn was an exaggeration but only for effect). I would have been and still will be happy with 2 or 3 extra. I'm sure we'll get that this Summer, but I don't see a lot more. And that will likely cost big money - £200m+.
So there we are - amazing how these misunderstandings happen, but easy to resolve without resorting to abuse and aggression.
Fair enough. At the end of the day I think it was a mistake to not invest last summer or even January. We have been really paying for it recently.

Reading the last few pages, it seems like Airfixx is about to go through Spontaneous Human Combustion any time now

tenor.gif

2 players sent off in a single match (including sunny Son) and conceding a late, late goal, in a match when even a point would have been a huge help for the UCL next season. If that's not Spursy, and mind you I'm not blaming the players remaining on the pitch, I don't know what is.
You dont know what is then. Spursy is striving fir decades fir the CL finishing top four but being the first team ever to miss out on CL despite that because a shit Chelsea win the CL that year. Thats Spursy, not what hapoened today. Sone ppl seem desperate to reserect Spursy for some bizare reason and any bad thing will do.

Didn’t watch the game and don’t know if I want to after what I have read so far. Not surprised by the Dier and Dele comments. One I never thought was good, the other, well he is slow right now. Surprised by Son, not by Foyth. The latter has shown that “youth” side of his game far too many times this season; put his team under pressure again.

Either way, I am not surprised we lost. We are limping into the finish line and I pray the lads find the courage and strength to not only close it out at home, but put in a shift this Wednesday. This is what you get paid more than 99% of people to do.

You don’t.

Poch must stand up to Levy. I think he is a fine manager who has his hands tied by a chairman who simply knows nothing about football except how to make money out of it. I'm worried Poch will tell Levy, Fuck you, I'm off.

"However, the players really do need our support right now."

Well done for glossing over the point of the post(s) you quoted.

"Boooooo, Levy!"

Happy now? :pochfacepalm:

I don’t recall saying I was ‘going anywhere’. I’ve paid my ST dues and tbf on here and only in the company of fellow Yids I reserve my right to voice my opinion and to say that I’m fucking sick of the way we are seemingly throwing away the end of this season...

The only thing I am clinging onto is the fact this is still in our hands to finish in the top for, beat Everton at home and its done.

Having said that, I'm fuming, I was a Sissoko hater, now I hold my hands up and say, praise the lord, the guy is an engine, he just keeps going, Moura was a star, ran for everything, its games like this that shows those who have a passion and those that don't, overall I was impressed in how the team worked together but we conceded late on to knock the wind out of all of us.

We still have it all to do and I have faith we will fall over the line, this will only strengthen Poch and his recruitment cause in the summer, we need to upgrade many players, mainly those from the bench, having a strong squad and rotating needs to be our aim.

pointing out that we still have it in our hands (via two seperate competitions in fact) doesnt fit with the melty narrative on here. But you ate right of course.

Next season VAR gives a penalty and 2nd yellow to Dier for that challenge in the box and we have eight men. We can't blame VAR or lack of it for a classic Tottenham bottle-job where we collectively lose our heads.
But no - if Dier had been sent off the game would have taken a different course and Son may not have been sent off, Foyth almost certainly wouldn't as he probably wouldn't have been used. And we would probably have had a penalty in the final minutes if VAR was used (assuming the game did take the same course). So many variables!
Bottle job - not for me. We were over anxious for the first 30 minutes, and missing 4 or 5 chances just made it worse, which resulted in the red mist descending for Son. He had been physically abused by Lermar a few minutes earler though and the ref did nothing, so when he was punched by the same player a second time.... well what would you have done? And if you're saying the 9 who remained were bottlers, nah, that isn't true at all.

But does anyone think our squad strength is really good and only City & Liverpools is better? It may amaze you but I don't think that's true is it? Just because some supporters don't lose it over not spending £1bn on a squad doesn't mean that they think the squad depth is really good - it clearly isn't. 18 players really good - beyond that not so. That's why 6 or 7 injuries destroy our play and have created our problems this season. Take 6 or 7 key players out of any squad and they will suffer, apart from City, irrespective of depth. That's all.

Love this.

Fucking whiners and melters think they have a monopoloy on sorrow, the arrogant pricks....

Just that some of us don't smear our shit all over the walls the moment things aren't to their liking and understand the value of SUPPORT over fair-weather fandom.

Back
Top Bottom