Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t watch the game and don’t know if I want to after what I have read so far. Not surprised by the Dier and Dele comments. One I never thought was good, the other, well he is slow right now. Surprised by Son, not by Foyth. The latter has shown that “youth” side of his game far too many times this season; put his team under pressure again.

Either way, I am not surprised we lost. We are limping into the finish line and I pray the lads find the courage and strength to not only close it out at home, but put in a shift this Wednesday. This is what you get paid more than 99% of people to do.

Son reacts the way he did because Lerma punches him in the back of the head. Still, shouldn’t have reacted that way.

Pawson misses a clear penalty on Dele at the end, VAR gives it next season.

Two bloody stupid red cards but with 9 men it could have got so much worse, considering our goal difference is still worth a point. Those that stayed on the pitch deserve credit - Moura and Sissoko (again) especially. Shame we couldn't see out the last few minutes as it would have felt like a win in terms of team spirit.

All told though, it is an absolute miracle that Top 4 is still in our hands. We haven't looked great since Xmas, with the exception of a couple of games. I still think we can win on Weds but there is nothing behind that assertion other than blind optimism and the kind of hope that keeps us all coming back season after season.

I've already resigned to the fact that we will be playing europa next season so I can watch both games against Ajax and Everton without any frustrations.

Watching Spurs has become like a job these days. Something you have to do, you don't have to enjoy it.

You've got it all wrong.... You're not legally bound..... You don't have to be here. The club doesn't need you..... You bear no support worth speaking of.....

Walk away. Being a moaning snide on here can't be reward enough in itself?

...There's a better way out there for you somewhere. Be "brave"; go find it. :)

Yeah they do. I was told on here if you are 3rd you have the 3rd best squad.
Not long ago a few thought we could win the title.
You say "Just because some supporters don't lose it over not spending £1bn on a squad". Who said that? You know deep down you massively over exaggerated there.
People like me want at least some investment in the squad, wasn't asking for 1bn.
You made a massive jump from wanting signings to wanting 1bn spent.
You are doing that thing where if you say aren't happy with no signings it must mean you want 1bn spent.
& 1 of the main reasons to invest is to cope better with injuries.
Let's not invest in case we get 7 key players injured? Can't agree with that. Sorry.
Read it again - I don't want to argue but just read it again. I'm not saying any of what you seem to think. I want some investment in the squad and I'm not saying the squad depth is strong enough. It just seems that the strongest views on both sides always show through.
And where did the 'let's not invest in case we get 7 key players injured' quote come from? I agree with you, the reason to invest is to cope with injuries so where did that come from?
And I didn't say anyone thinks we should spend £1bn (clearly we can't) but there are those that seem to think we should be competing with City, and that we have a 'right' to win trophies. I don't know if you think that or not, but how can either happen without spending very big money (yeah you're right, £1bn was an exaggeration but only for effect). I would have been and still will be happy with 2 or 3 extra. I'm sure we'll get that this Summer, but I don't see a lot more. And that will likely cost big money - £200m+.
So there we are - amazing how these misunderstandings happen, but easy to resolve without resorting to abuse and aggression.

Your looking forward to the europa league are you...so you don't think giving up a 10 point gap to 4th and flooding more than 10 games is a joke?
Probably Not, u have no ambition just like our board clearly

Oh shut up you twat.

Fuckers like you have been gearing up for this all week.

YOU love it.

Europa league meaning less entitled moaners like you in the stadium?

Fuck yes! .....Where do I sign up?

Back home after one of the most pointless trips I’ve had to the coast. Players left on the pitch did a damn good job in impossible circumstances, trying to stretch themselves to save the game whilst not getting totally burnt out for the semi final. Sissoko was immense all day: strong, composed and actually quite skilful.

It was another game where we totally dominated but could not kill it off, much like Southampton away. Lucas and Dele need to realise that shooting low gives the keeper virtually no chance to get down and make a save. Some very poor finishing spoiling some decent build up play.

Should have been 3-0 at HT to us.

Feel sorry for Son. If anyone whacks me on the back I have a natural instinct to turn and whack back. But it was never a red. Foyth’s challenge looked very bad from where we were, but the ref loved being the main man today.

What a waste of a nice day in the sunshine. I really do question what the fuck I’m doing giving so much time, money and effort to football on a day like today.

Back
Top Bottom