Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just rewatching the SpursTV highlights of the Huddersfield match. At the end of the game, Gentle Ben went over to the ball boys and shook their hand/chatted to them briefly.

Seems like a lovely guy and is a total class act. He had to bide his time playing second fiddle to Danny Rose, but he never made a fuss and it's nice to see him get the plaudits. According to the players, he's also up there as one of the smartest in the dressing room.

One thing that stood out for me though is that we don’t have a song for him. If anyone deserves one surely it’s Ben?

Oh, Ben Davies's really keen
He's got electric boots and a tott'nam suit
You know he plays in Pochettino's dreeeeeeeam, oh ho
B-B-B-Benny's on the left!

Just fucking sing it, it's perfect.

Last edited:
I really like Ben and this article only furthers that. I like that he's a bit of a nerd and took his education seriously and is constantly willing to learn and improve.

Hopefully he sticks around with us for a long time and if so I would not say no to having him as part of a future captains hierarchy with Harry and someone else.

Also he needs a song. I suggest something to the tune of the Bananas in pajamas theme.

Can't be a coincidence the way full backs go under Poch.

Shaw - best FB in the league under Poch
Clyne - really good under Poch
Walker and Rose - best double act going
Davies and Trippier - improving all the time
Walker-Peters and Aurier - let's give Poch time to weave his magic.
Somebody retweet this post to Ryan Sessegnon...
:harrylol:

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS spotted something too...

I hate shit like that because it's precisely the reason managers/players end up saying nothing remotely interesting or insightful and stick to vanilla cliches - the moment you say something earnest in praise of a player the media/public jump on it as a pointed message delivered via media to another player. Some managers might operate that way, but Poch has never given anyone any reason to believe that if he felt he needed to say something stern to Danny he'd do anything other than ring Danny up and tell him he needs to work his socks off.

He's certainly not going to use the media to get that point across - Poch is rarely if ever anything but supportive of his players in public, even the ones he's unhappy and/or disappointed with. Which is why he has the excellent relationship with the squad that he has.

Copy and pasted best bit.....
But in a way, the real moral of this story has a wider relevance, in a game ever more shrilly geared towards the instant judgement, the overnight success, the “statement” signing. The idea that you can simply improve a player rather than signing a new one feels almost quaint these days.
Davies educated in Denmark...
Dier grew up in Portugal...

Both 'Homegrown' by birth, but have lived and been educated abroad.

Both are quiet and unassuming, yet regularly efficient AND versatile... they just seem to 'get it' and get on with it...

We may just have tapped into a system that can unearth a new breed of modern player...

Could Poch be into something here?

Both are quiet and unassuming, yet regularly efficient AND versatile... they just seem to 'get it' and get on with it...

We may just have tapped into a system that can unearth a new breed of modern player...

Kane, Winks, Rose, Dele and Walker would suggest not really.

Oh how I miss indoor football. Best part of the season.

Don't you have that in England?

maxresdefault.jpg

They keep blaming too many foreigners in the league when England fails in international championship, but I've always thought it has more to do with too few English players getting foreign "education". All you've got are players who've grown up with English youth football, which, imo, seems poorly organized.

Interesting little article. Agree with a lot of it.
One thing that stood out for me though is that we don’t have a song for him. If anyone deserves one surely it’s Ben?[/QUOT
Interesting little article. Agree with a lot of it.
One thing that stood out for me though is that we don’t have a song for him. If anyone deserves one surely it’s Ben?
ben Davies oh oh oh oh
Ben Davies oh oh oh oh
He's got a sweet left foot
He likes to read a book

Oh, Ben Davies's really keen
He's got electric boots and a tott'nam suit
You know he plays in Pochettino's dreeeeeeeam, oh ho
B-B-B-Benny's on the left!

Just fucking sing it, it's perfect.

"down the mines, he's our Mastermind, Ben Daveeeeezzzz"

Hmm. I'll get my coat

:roseunsure:

not sure that was posted correctly so I'm doing it again;
Ben Davies oh oh oh oh
Ben Davies oh oh oh oh
He's got a sweet left foot
He likes to read a book
Surely there's something in here we can work on...
Ben - Lyrics
Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone, and you, my friend, will see, You've got a friend in me...
Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind and don't like what you find, there's something you should know, you've got a place to go...
I used to say I and me, now it's us, now it's we... I used to say I and me, now it's us, now it's we.
Ben most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to'
I'm sure they'd think again if they had a friend like Ben... A friend like Ben
(Like Ben) Like Ben

Back
Top Bottom