Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When the other team puts 10 in the back you're likely to hit a defender no matter how many times you cross it in.

I don't recall Trippier having the same issue and his if anything slower than Davies.
Besides, Davies hits the defender a lot and not just again WBA; he has an annoying habit of trying to bend crosses around defenders.

I don't recall Trippier having the same issue and his if anything slower than Davies.
Besides, Davies hits the defender a lot and not just again WBA; he has an annoying habit of trying to bend crosses around defenders.

Hate to sound harsh on KT but take away those crosses and there aint too much there. BD is a damn good LB regardless.

Also pretty sure BDs goal involvement was pretty damn solid between end of last season, pre and early this season too.

Hate to sound harsh on KT but take away those crosses and there aint too much there. BD is a damn good LB regardless.

Also pretty sure BDs goal involvement was pretty damn solid between end of last season, pre and early this season too.

That's a fair call on Trippier.
Guess it comes down to what you want your fullbacks to do given the system/formation you employ.
If Poch wants to continue with wing backs, it's Rose and Aurier for mind.
Our issue with Alli and Eriksen is they play narrow (which is just in their nature) but without overlapping wing backs we struggle to break teams down.
We need fullbacks who bomb down the wings to free up space in the middle, IMO we haven't been free flowing since last season.

Easily one of my favorites in the current team. Very flexible as a left back and can operate as a regular fullback, as a wingback (really grew into the role last season) and as a centerback as well. His strength is obviously as a regular fullback but now he is also good enough as a wingback and has developed more of an attacking mindset.

He seems an incredibly smart player who uses his brain and reading the game to make up for it if he faces players that are superior physically to him.

He's grown from the obvious substitute to a guy who has a fair claim to the starting spot as well. Ben is doing just right by biding his time, putting in his shifts and proving that once/if Rose leaves he is right there to be a starter. And as we saw for most of last season he will do just fine when called upon.

Have I been watching something else, having a discussion with another 'Supporter' and he says Davies has been tripe, am I the only won that thinks he's been one of our best this season? Or am I seeing something completely different? He's scored, he's assisted, been pretty creative & very good defensively.

'But buttt he's not as fast as Rose so he's shit like Kane ain't as fast as Neymar so he shit too'

Complete new generation of Fifa fan their for you

Have I been watching something else, having a discussion with another 'Supporter' and he says Davies has been tripe, am I the only won that thinks he's been one of our best this season? Or am I seeing something completely different? He's scored, he's assisted, been pretty creative & very good defensively.

'But buttt he's not as fast as Rose so he's shit like Kane ain't as fast as Neymar so he shit too'

Complete new generation of Fifa fan their for you
A lot of football fans are fickle and have the memory of a goldfish. As long as Rose was out injured Ben was world class, but the moment Rose came back into selection everything Ben had done in the past 9 months, every improvement, every step forward in his game (his forward play, his speed, his strength etc) was forgotten since Rose is the "obvious starter". Despite Ben Davies putting in great shifts against teams like Liverpool, Dortmund and fucking Real Madrid.

Seemingly multiple people playing the same position cannot be good at the same time. There always has to be a clear good player and a clear bench player/shit player.

Ben Davies is a fucking great LB who can also function as a fullback, wingback and centerback. If I were a football manager I'd kill to have someone like him in my team.

But you know, Danny Rose is back so I guess Ben can fuck off or something to some of these people

A lot of football fans are fickle and have the memory of a goldfish. As long as Rose was out injured Ben was world class, but the moment Rose came back into selection everything Ben had done in the past 9 months, every improvement, every step forward in his game (his forward play, his speed, his strength etc) was forgotten since Rose is the "obvious starter". Despite Ben Davies putting in great shifts against teams like Liverpool, Dortmund and fucking Real Madrid.

Seemingly multiple people playing the same position cannot be good at the same time. There always has to be a clear good player and a clear bench player/shit player.

Ben Davies is a fucking great LB who can also function as a fullback, wingback and centerback. If I were a football manager I'd kill to have someone like him in my team.

But you know, Danny Rose is back so I guess Ben can fuck off or something to some of these people

Yet probably the same ilk spend the entire summer bleating about two players for every position, quality in depth and all that jazz.

Son/Lamela seem to suffer from a similar bunch of dickheads too.

Back
Top Bottom