Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't wait to see how he does against pace. He hasn't really been caused any problems this season, despite the once where Moses tore him apart.

I think he's definitely been our player of the season so far though.

Used to feel a bit underwhelmed at seeing Ben's name on the team sheet. Now I'd be disappointed if he wasn't starting.
Turning in to a real class act. Fits into the team perfectly. Great respect for the guy the way he was happy to accept his place as back up and grasp his chance when it finally came. Great professional who seems to appreciate the honour of playing for a top club

Responding to Poch’s coaching

I used to think Rose and Walker were crap but he transformed both of them so good luck Ben

Honestly this might be a subject better suited for the Rose thread. But I think Ben's development is a fair factor in Rose's interview in August. Rose has realized after spending such a long time out and seeing Ben improve that he is no longer in-disposable for us. He'll actually have to fight for a spot now.

Ben is becoming a real versatile player. A bit of a swizz army knife in defense. That consummate hard worker that can work multiple positions just like Dier.

Davies and Rose are such completely different styles of players yet filling the same role.

Rose lives off of his physical prowess. It allows him to be bolder, because if he fucks it up trying something he can race back home and make good on himself 9 times out of 10 because he has lunges like a race horse.

Davies does not have that but has a vastly superior footballing brain. He doesn't need to make the same psycho runs because he sees where he needs to be and make sure he is there beforehand. Combined with Poch's training and we have two different types of ace left backs.

Rose has completely fucked himself. Davies has been excellent and defensively solid.

Bet he feels like a right twat for doing that interview, be lucky if anyone above mid table even comes in for him

Every time he scores it rubs my ego just right. Called it 3-4 months ago that he would score a few this season.

And yes I will post this every single time he scores =P

Davies and Rose are such completely different styles of players yet filling the same role.

Rose lives off of his physical prowess. It allows him to be bolder, because if he fucks it up trying something he can race back home and make good on himself 9 times out of 10 because he has lunges like a race horse.

Davies does not have that but has a vastly superior footballing brain. He doesn't need to make the same psycho runs because he sees where he needs to be and make sure he is there beforehand. Combined with Poch's training and we have two different types of ace left backs.
I love how Davies is playing but Rose is superior in every way including his football brain.

What he did was cunty but let's not be silly. Best LB in the country past 2 seasons.

I love how Davies is playing but Rose is superior in every way including his football brain.

What he did was cunty but let's not be silly. Best LB in the country past 2 seasons.
Can't say I agree. Never really seen Rose showcase "smarts" on the field in the way that Ben does.

But again. Apples and oranges. Rose is still a brilliant player. But a different style of player to Ben which was what I was getting at.

No way. Davies is a much more technically proficient player than Rose. He's a beautiful striker of ball, better crosser and he's become our left footed corner option, something Rose was never able to be. That was a striker's finish from Davies today. Rose won't be able to dislodge him. Davies has overtaken him on merit. The addition of Sanchez negates his lack of pace compared to Rose imo.

No way. Davies is a much more technically proficient player than Rose. He's a beautiful striker of ball, better crosser and he's become our left footed corner option, something Rose was never able to be. That was a striker's finish from Davies today. Rose won't be able to dislodge him. Davies has overtaken him on merit. The addition of Sanchez negates his lack of pace compared to Rose imo.
This is almost as funny as the Trippier > Walker shite some on here spouted.

Back
Top Bottom