Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like we're entering the End Game now doesn't it?
With the Super Shiny Sky Premier Football Fiesta almost upon us, you just watch the media wankfest get cranked up a notch!

The Press seemingly can't WAIT to get Bale out of the country.... Aren't there ANY journos out there questioning why there is this obsession with getting arguably Britain's best player at the moment sold, just so they can moan and rant at 'all the bloody foreigners flooding our shores and not giving British talent a chance'.....
That's the stock British Football mantra isn't it?

Well it's not from the papers.

It's not from the ITK.

It's not from some fantasist on twitter.

It's from direct quotes from AVB.
Sorry, I thought you had seen them in a newspaper! Hadn't realised that you were talking directly to AVB and heard everything he said and can confirm that the quoted statements were not taken out of context.

Sorry, I thought you had seen them in a newspaper! Hadn't realised that you were talking directly to AVB and heard everything he said and can confirm that the quoted statements were not taken out of context.

"Nobody knows Gareth's state of mind because he doesn't speak," he said. "The only thing we see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground. But it's fine. Ideally we'd like him to stay here. This is where his future is."
Thats from ESPN

Its all we have to go on, and its directly quoted from AVB

I didnt realise that you had spoken to AVB and Bale, and that you were aware that the quotes were out of context.

What makes your assumption any more substantial than direct quotes?

"Nobody knows Gareth's state of mind because he doesn't speak," he said. "The only thing we see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground. But it's fine. Ideally we'd like him to stay here. This is where his future is."
Thats from ESPN

Its all we have to go on, and its directly quoted from AVB

I didnt realise that you had spoken to AVB and Bale, and that you were aware that the quotes were out of context.

What makes your assumption any more substantial than direct quotes?
Exactly. That's all we have to go on, and we don't know where it came from. We don't know the context as we haven't heard the full interview. WE DON'T KNOW. It's better to wait patiently and find out later, than constantly fret ourselves to death. Getting all worked up about something you have no control over and don't have any facts about is pretty pointless. Unless you enjoy it, of course....

Exactly. That's all we have to go on, and we don't know where it came from. We don't know the context as we haven't heard the full interview. WE DON'T KNOW. It's better to wait patiently and find out later, than constantly fret ourselves to death. Getting all worked up about something you have no control over and don't have any facts about is pretty pointless. Unless you enjoy it, of course....
#uberpositivecunt #indenial #carlitogethim

Last edited:
Stage 2 of the robbie savage guide to being a cunt - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265

Fucking wankbag.

I'm so resigned to Bale going now that I just don't care anymore I'm over it before it's even happened. The only way I can see him staying is if RM cant stump up the cash in a way that's acceptable to Levy. If that turns out to be the case then great I just hope he gets on with the job he's paid to do. If he does go then fuck him he's a player I admire but he's not a player I will care about when he's gone.

What on earth are you on about?
This is what AVB said:

"His mental state nobody knows because the player doesn't speak"
"The only thing that we are able to see, or you are able to see, is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."
Sky

People are so desperate for Bale to want to stay....well guess what?! He doesnt.

:dwi:

And Im not the one getting worked up, because if you had paid any attention, you would have seen that Ive been saying we should sell him for weeks. Its people like yourself who are going to be crying your eyes out when he goes.

You say there is no point getting all worked up about it yet you seem to be the only one neg reppin' people for suggesting he is off .

:avbcringe:

You say there is no point getting all worked up about it yet you seem to be the only one neg reppin' people for suggesting he is off .

:avbcringe:

Exactly! Working himself into a frenzy that even quotes from AVB in every news outlet means nothing to him.....what if Bale said "Im happy to stay at Spurs" in the SAME news outlets?

Wouldnt hear fuck all from him about the quotes being out of context would we...

I just think that it's all up in the air about Bale but if I had to bet £100 on it I'll put money on him going .

This is supposedly a debate were both sides have valid reason for their views , I'll read both & take it in. I'm seeing though that the " staying "camp are more aggressive in their stance.

I still Think hes staying and i will be disappointed if he goes.. But i really dont think they have the money BUT i know as much as u lot so its all just guessing.

I wont cry if he does go because of what we have brought in and still looking to bring in. I think we will challenge for CL with or with out Bale i just think with we could do more than just CL places but i know that wud be a dream come true

:avbpray:

What on earth are you on about?
This is what AVB said:

"His mental state nobody knows because the player doesn't speak"
"The only thing that we are able to see, or you are able to see, is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."
Sky

People are so desperate for Bale to want to stay....well guess what?! He doesnt.

:dwi:

And Im not the one getting worked up, because if you had paid any attention, you would have seen that Ive been saying we should sell him for weeks. Its people like yourself who are going to be crying your eyes out when he goes.
Sigh. That is some of what he said. And so what. It doesn't mean he is going, does it?

We don't know. Fine if you think we should sell him. I disagree. I think we are better off keeping him even if he doesn't play. Why should I cry if he goes? If he does go, we will get our money's worth. I will be very upset if he is sold on the cheap....

But I still don't think he will go because I don't think RM can afford him.

Back
Top Bottom