Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the 'silence' that's most telling....
Apart from being a little bit childish, or ever so slightly rude, it's also downright sinister! Maybe he has modelled himself on that kid from 'The Returned'.... HE didn't say a word for the first 5 episodes!!
Also, and excuse the extreme comparison, but if you asked a masked stranger if he was going to kill you, if he said either 'yes' or 'no', then at least you know where you stand....
However if he just stands there in front of you, staring, and doesn't utter a word.... That's just fucking creepy mental breakdown time!!

Bale's done this all wrong, he shoulda just come out (boys!) and said what he wants... If he really wants to go, fine, we'll get over it, but at least we know what he's thinking... But the silent treatment is just creeping me out personally!

Btw, I do realise that the whole 'silent stance' is purely fabricated guff from The papers... I don't for one minute think he hasn't uttered a word to anyone since May!!!!

So does this mean he's been planing the RM move for a year?!?!
(you guys renew them every year right?)

Well, I'm convinced now ... if he was staying surely he'd have renewed his Tax Disc earlier then he needed to renew it.

Maybe Carlito needs to tell his circles to tell Levy's circles that to hang onto Bale for another season he only needs to renew his Tax Disc!!
:levylol:
Spread the word ... Aussie Joe has kept Bale at Spurs for another season. Solid ITK.

Last edited:
are you suggesting that that the print media in this fine country is anything less than scrupulously honest?
I am surprised that Murdoch has not been put into the stocks and paraded for all to see. Taking responsibility for ones actions is not in his DNA

I'm fine if he stays or goes, but it's annoying that the window is open past start of the season. We should have set our own deadline day and said he has to be gone by this day or RM can fuck off. Maybe Bale would have started training a week or two ago at least...

Actually seeing on Twitter the words 'Bale' and 'Woolwich' in the same sentence....this rumour doesn't even get 1/10....

But Fack me can you imagine!! I actually can't

AVB says he is out for 2 weeks... and we play Woolwich a day after the transfer window closes. He could play his first game for us against the scum or go the night before the NLD. High stakes.

Ha, he's injured for the entire time it takes for the window to close. Not at all linked.

We have enough money in the bank to invest in 2-3 new players before then, let Real wait for 22.59.

that quote form AVB could just as well be down to his understanding of English. Saying, 'he doesn't speak' doesn't necessarily mean he's not actually talking to anyone. I imagine it would be quite tricky having physio in complete silence. Could just mean he doesn't speak about the transfer situation?

Anyway, like some have said, it's pointless speculating because people will take from it what they want to take depending on what side they are on (he's gone/he's staying)

What I find interesting is that our new director of football, who is supposed to be in charge of transfers, is yet to comment. In fact I don't think I've seen one quote from him since he joined.
AVB is still the mouthpiece, which is a good move by the club as it looks like he is still the main man and isn't being undermined by the DoF. You just know the press are itching for a falling out story.
Baldini is just quietly going about his business signing up more and more great players.

edit: here's the quote again in that laughable express article about the tax disc:
"Nobody knows his mental state because the player doesn't speak [publicly]," said Villas-Boas. "The only thing that we are able to see or you are able to see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground.

So did he say 'publicly' or was it inferred? because that one word changes the whole complexion of the quote.

OK I'm going to be a bit of a pedantic cunt here...

I think AVB may have been actually talking about the media...look at that first quote again...

"Nobody( in the media) knows his mental state because the player doesn't speak(to the media)," said Villas-Boas.

In the second quote he may have mistakenly said "we" as he quickly corrected it to "you" with "you" referring to the media again in that all they ever see of Bale is when he arrives for and leaves from training

"The only thing that we are able to see or you are able to see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."

Or I may be just grasping at straws.

OK I'm going to be a bit of a pedantic cunt here...

I think AVB may have been actually talking about the media...look at that first quote again...

"Nobody( in the media) knows his mental state because the player doesn't speak(to the media)," said Villas-Boas.

In the second quote he may have mistakenly said "we" as he quickly corrected it to "you" with "you" referring to the media again in that all they ever see of Bale is when he arrives for and leaves from training

"The only thing that we are able to see or you are able to see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."

Or I may be just grasping at straws.
That's what I believe too. I feel he's telling the media that they have no idea what he is thinking as he doesn't speak to them. Even if he did, they would somehow spin it to their liking anyway.

I think he ll leave and have made peace with that. My stance has always been that if a player doesn't want to wear the Lilly-white shirt he can do one and go.

Or in other spursy worlds - expect the worst and anything more than that would be a bonus.

I think he ll leave and have made peace with that. My stance has always been that if a player doesn't want to wear the Lilly-white shirt he can do one and go.

Or in other spursy worlds - expect the worst and anything more than that would be a bonus.

That's my approach too.

Ive changed my mind today

I think he's staying, and now its more a case of him negotiating the best deal with Spurs than us negotiating with RM.

Back
Top Bottom