Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So for shits and giggles I thought I'd click on a link on the Spurs shop which noone else will (cup sponsored replica kit) and look who is still on the list.

ieFM9wV.png

I know right?? PARKER??? WTF SPURS?

El Pais: Between May and June the Madrid corporate CEO, Jose Angel Sanchez contacted Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, to express their interest in the striker, and the London club's chairman explained that he did not speak with subordinates.

What a fucking boss

Blanchflower......we are an English club...not a 'jewish' one...i realise this has been done to death before but we are NOT a 'jewish' club. We have little or no connection with Israel or jews. We play in the English premier league and are overwhelmingly supported by non jews. Confrontational maybe but has to be said. I for one am uncomfortable with the 'Yid' thing. I love Tottenham Hotspur and all who support our great club regardless of where they come from.
Spurs was run by English gentlemen till the likes of scholar appeared....listen to Stevie Perryman and what he thought of these people.....Graham Roberts the same....nothing against any creed but the likes of scholar, bobroff, and sugar have damaged us. Happy to be proved wrong.

I'm sure Blanchflower can speak for himself and I'm happy to move this to another thread as it is only semi-related to the Bale thing, if at all, but...

Regardless if we are or not, we are stereotyped as a Jewish club, and it only makes it worse when the likes of Baddeil, Herbert, Lazio, or Al Qaeda in this case remind the international media about it without the full story. However, I honestly couldn't give a fuck if we were stereotyped by others as Muslim, Jewish, English, Argentinian - I'd still stand up for any of THFC being discriminated against, regardless of whatever minority or race or religion the opposition choose. Just so happened to be Yids.

If Lazio, Al Qaeda etc. want to be ignorant about it, I don't think us pleading with them that we are English helps in the slightest - they hate the English as well ffs. Bottom line is it shouldn't matter whoever fucks with Tottenham. I respect and understand anyone who doesn't like the word Yid, but at the same time I think that we should have the right to defend ourselves on this issue because the Y word doesn't excuse the cunty behaviour of those unrelated to THFC.

[url]http://www.marca.com/2013/08/08/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1375962504.html[/URL]

They've got a video of Perez saying he has a lot of respect and personal enmity for Levy. Doesn't want to talk about Bale out of respect for that. Says 100 million is too much for anyone. Basically sortof denying that he had a meeting in Miami too.

By his tone, I think they may be backing off gracefully. Either that or pushing Bale to come out and say,"they're asking too much for me! Let me leave, for the love of God." I doubt that though. It doesn't sound like him. I really do think they're backing off.

Expect a 50 million bid for Saurez tomorrow. And the Gooners miss out on another transfer target! Ok, that's my dream scenario.

Haven't seen this posted yet (apologies if it has), but this is probably the best article I have seen on the Bale issue

http://assoc-football.com/2013/08/1...-to-sell-bale-or-at-least-why-they-shouldnt/?

It has been largely assumed that Spurs would have to sell Bale and would not be able to resist an 85 million pound offer from Real Madrid. Daniel Levy is now seen as just holding out to get a better deal from Madrid. But when analyzing Spurs past transfer history and the current dynamics of the market, it becomes clear that Spurs are most likely not bluffing. They want to keep Bale and have no intention of selling Bale this summer for anything less than an absurd 100+ million pounds. And Spurs are exactly right in their approach. Bale is worth more to Spurs in 2013-14 than 85 million pounds.

Importantly, this doesnโ€™t mean Bale is worth more than 85 million pounds. Bale is an asset. And just like any property, just because someone offers you a huge amount for your house doesnโ€™t mean it makes sense to sell. Timing matters and the timing doesnโ€™t make sense here.

But what about Spurs spending?
One reason to think Bale is on his way is that Spurs are spending likely drunken sailors โ€“ only Manchester City in the EPL has spent more this season. The logic goes that poor Spurs canโ€™t afford this, so they must already be using the money they plan to get for Bale now. But there are reasons to doubt this.

As the transfer history shows, Spurs have money. But until this summer, Spurs havenโ€™t really spent considerably since Harry Redknappโ€™s first two years. Look at the last 8-9 years of transfer activity:

• 2013-14 (-47 mil euros net): Spurs have spent 69 million euros (Paulinho, Soldaldo, Capoue, Chadli) and sold 22 million
  • 2012-13 (-4 mil): Spurs last year spent 72 mil euros and sold 68 million euros
  • 2011-12 (+36 mil): (Redknappโ€™s last season), Spurs spent just 6 mill euros (Scott Parker) and sold 42 million euros.
  • 2010-2011 (-23 mil): spent 26 million, and sold just 3 million.
  • 09-10 (-9 mil): spent 40 and sold 31.
  • 08-09 (-50 mil): This was the year Spurs sold Berbatov and Keane (2 pts, 8 games) and then got Redknapp and had to panic buy in the January window, Spurs spent 140 mill and sold 90 mil
  • 07-08 (-72 mil): 94 spent (Bent, Bale), 22 mil sold
  • 06-07 (-23 mil): 61 spent (Berbatov), 38 mil sold
  • 05-06 (-14 mil): 36 spent, 22 mil sold.
Over the last 8 years (excluding this summer), Spurs have spent an average of 20 million euros more per season than they have sold. But if you donโ€™t count the last two seasons Spurs were spending 30 million euros more per season than selling for the 6 seasons between 2005 and 2011. But the past two seasons Spurs have been a selling club netting 32 million euros. So if Spurs could maintain spending at 30 million per season for the six years prior to 2011-2012 than Tottenham have likely been banking revenue the past two seasons.

This means that not only do Spurs have the 32 million euros they have netted the past two seasons, but likely are capable of spending an additional 60 million from a lack of spending. In other words, Spurs have not spent their transfer allotment the past two years. That would equate to Spurs being able to afford to spend about 90 million euros net. Hence, despite already having a net outflow of 47 million euros this window, Spurs should have about an additional 30-40 million euros more they could spend, given the lack of spending the past two years. This is what makes Tottenhamโ€™s bid for Willan and others financially viable. Furthermore, if Spurs plan on selling Bale next season, they can count on likely being in the black in terms of spending, likely making them more willing to push their spending limit.

Lastly, my guess is that part of the agreement in keeping AVB at Spurs (he turned down Real and PSG) is that he will be given the resources to compete. This current rate of spending is probably part of that deal. So Spurs spending could easily be disconnected from any Bale sale.

But still why not sell at 85 million pounds โ€“ a Premier League record?
First
, Spurs will increase their chances at qualifying for Champions League. With Bale Spurs, while not assured, will be favorites for the Champions League. Thatโ€™s likely an additional 20 to 40 million pounds in revenue. Without Bale, Spurs have a good shot at CL, but the odds get lowered. So lets assume you donโ€™t sell Bale this year and his value drops to 60 million, just because the amount that Real is willing to pay lessens. You still have likely come out even by keeping him and getting into the CL than by selling.

Second, it is harder to replace Bale now because you donโ€™t have the attraction of CL. Next year, if Spurs make the CL they can actually use the funds to lure current CL quality players. Right now Spurs have to speculate more in the transfer market, as they have to find players that they think will be of that calibre.

Third, you gain global market share by keeping Bale. Bale is the best player in the Premier League and a human highlight reel. Thereโ€™s a reason why Spurs ranked top in NBCโ€™s chose your club promotion and its Bale. Heโ€™s on the Timeโ€™s Square billboard for god sakes. In politics this is called โ€œearned mediaโ€ โ€“ ie free publicity. Spurs will never be able to get this sort of free publicity again. This could hugely impact the potential earnings of the club, as new markets, with a growing fan base have thousands of people looking for a team to cheer for, for jerseyโ€™s to buy.

Fourth, Spurs actually have a shot at winning the league with Bale. Yes, with Bale (and with AVB and new signings), Spurs can win the title. The top 3 EPL clubs have new managers this season and while Mourinho isnโ€™t exactly โ€œnewโ€ he has to reshape the squad and could face a couple hiccups. The winning point totals the past four seasons have been 89, 86, 80, and 86 points. There are reasons to believe that it will be less this year, due to competitive balance and new coaches. Letโ€™s say 82-86 points wins this year. With Bale likely playing as a striker/attacking midfield from the get go and with Soldaldo and other new signings, Spurs will likely improve on the 72 points last year when they had no strikers scoring more than a handful of goals and had a new manager. It is by no means unreasonable to think Spurs could potentially be about 10 points better than they were last year. And at around 82 points they are fully in the title race

I'm getting round to expecting the inevitable, but there are still many things about this transfer that don't make any sense to me.

1) Why is he still here? Bale has been Madrid's target since early June, why on earth would they not have signed him by now? Surely Madrid would want their new star embedded into the squad as early as possible. He's missing games right now.

2) Why would Levy sell? Even when considering the stupid amounts quoted, Bale is 24. In the unlikely case he depreciates by ยฃ20m if we keep him another year, if he can bring us CL football that's easily worth it financially. Plus he's a global icon, which is worth so much from a marketing perspective. Americans getting into football via NBC are learning about how huge this guy is. It's great for business.

3) Why do Madrid want him? ยฃ70m+? He's not worth it. He's not close to worth it. He dumps new signing Isco out of the team. He potentially takes Ronaldo's most expensive player tag. He gets in Ronaldo's way. And they have to pay an obscene amount of money for the privilege. He's nowhere near the complete package Ronaldo was when he left United.

I'm still 150% confident that Spurs are going to play Madrid along until deadline day where they'll announce a press conference. In said conference Levy stands up, unbuttons his trousers, flops his cock on the table and says "He's not for sale." Then Bale signs a new contract and joins up with Willian, Lamela, Hummels and Alaba for training.

Seriously, if Bale wants to 'bail' this particular Spurs squad and fuck off to a sunny two horse race in which they'll finish second, then more fool him!
Where's the fun in that?

Spurs are about to ride the rollercoaster this season, and it might just end up alright..... With or without Bale!

I've just thought of the final Bale chant we should do;

Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale, he was born to PAY for Spurs.... he was born to pay for Spurs!

Whaddaya'll reckon?

I saw this from a Spurs supporter who lives in Spain;

Also, if Bale ever did go to Real, I think he'd be making a massive mistake; a team made up of little cliques, whose team is run by Casillas and RamArse, have a bad half hour and the fans automatically get on your back, and never let you forget it, he'd have no privacy, as he would have cameras following him and his family everywhere and permanently camped outside their house (this is the case for all big players here, or if you play for Real/Barca), he'd be on gossip shows every day, have to attend evening do's such as fashion shows, opening of envelopes etc (major publicity for Real), his missus would automatically become a "model" here, and be expected to parade round at various functions.

You've got to wonder what Mr I-go-back-to-Wales-to-see-my-mum-during-the-off-season will make of all this? I mean, he's not exactly comfortable in front of the camera (unless he's on the pitch), his girlfriend apparently isn't a fan of the limelight either. And just how easy will it be for him to settle in to the team if there are indeed cliques in there? He sure as hell isn't going to be in Team Ronaldo!

There is going to be a whole lot of expectation on a lad who, for my money, isn't the finished article. This team isn't going to be built around him and he isn't going to be given the freedom he had at Spurs. I really can't help but think this could be a terrible move for Bale at the moment, and for a while it concerned me...that was until he decided he was special and didn't need to come to training (ok so it was his agents decision, as he doesn't want AVB trying to change his mind so keeps him away). So now I don't give a fuck, I hope he doesn't enjoy it out there, I hope he wants out, I hope Ronaldo makes a stink when Bale arrives, and I hope this becomes a record breakingly expensive fuck up of gargantuan proportions for Real Madrid. Cunts.

Reports that Bale has screamed & screamed until he was sick . It was coming out his nose & everything

:defoe:

Back
Top Bottom